Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    No!

Also, Jaylock thread. Get the popcorn ready

Deleted
    Not this again....

Exclusiveness should stem from difficulty, not from putting up unrelated hurdles. Mythic raiding is exclusive, high Mythic dungeons are exclusive, proper PvP is exclusive and that is all fine. You can still see the story and play on lower difficulty, but are limited by your skill, which keeps high end content exclusive for those who care more about showing off then actually having fun and doing content. To each their own.

It's ridiculous to artificially make content exclusive by putting up hurdles like not being able to queue. Queueing is not a skill, it's not somehow making you better then someone else, it's childish. You can have exclusive items, titles, mounts, etc. in difficult content, even the occasional extra boss or phase, but not whole dungeons or raids.

Exclusive content by difficulty is fine, but there should always be a lower difficulty available for everyone and that includes a queue-able version.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    No, shouldn't need more than it has, it is fine as it is now, I think.

As for those three dungeons, they weren't exclusive as long as you wanted to go there.
    Exactly my point.

If you REALLY wanted to go into those dungeons, you would get yourself attuned to enter them and do them.

Thats what im saying, there should be more content that requires people to get attuned, and content that is not on the retarded queue tool. That way, everyone in that content, you know did something to actually want to be there instead of clicking a button and mouth breathing through the dungeon expecting it to be and easy snooze fest.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hctaz View Post
    I don't see a problem with this. It made each instance feel scary and hard. You gotta farm t4 to do t5 to do t6. Made for a sense of wonder and accomplishment when you got there and a HUGE sense of progression. The reason why people complain so much about never having anything to do is because nothing actually feels meaningful to do anymore. Like what's the point? There isn't any. You just do one of the easier modes of the newest dungeon and you aren't restricted from seeing the newest content at all. There should be some exclusivity to push people to feel good about progressing their character.
    This is exactly what my point is.

Simple question to those who are opposed to more exclusive content... why are you opposed to having to get attuned, or do a quest chain requiring raid boss kills, or something of that nature to be able to enter a new dungeon or raid?

It always felt amazing when you finally got attuned to the next level of content, and it made that content feel much more rewarding than it does now.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hiricine View Post
    Well it depends what makes it exclusive. Players well below mythic raiders have managed to have some great success in M+, which on some level can't be done by most casual players. Players eventually grinded their way to Pathfinder, which is a substantial achievement in terms of the amount of questing that needs to be done, and seems pretty exclusive to me.

So exclusive content is great, it just doesn't always have to follow the "elite raider/pvp" paradigm that we saw in the earliest expansions. Heck, endless proving grounds 30 is not doable by most people in normal/heroic raiding guilds.
    Theres just the sense of accomplishment and progress thats lacking in the game now. Having no attunements to anything makes doing the content less rewarding because the player really did nothing to qualify to be there.

One example, these mythic realm trash farm runs? serioulsy? they shouldn't even be in the raid on that difficulty let alone farming for powerful gear. An attunement should be required to even enter the raid.

Oh i guess we can just say "oh hey, look theres the tomb of sargeras, how about we all just click a button and be fed raid boss kills!?"

All im calling for is less queue content. Sure keep some on the queue, but create some content that is not simply able to be queued for. Can't we compromise on that?

Deleted
    I think clear exclusiveness is good. When you know precisely what you have to do to progress, you can work toward it and you don't get bored.
    Nowadays, you think you have access to all the content, but you don't. You need luck (TF procs/legendaries) or otherwise you're fucked.
    Exclusivness is what retain players in the game. If you give ppl easy access to rading like it's now, they do LFR/NM/HM (chose one, they're all easy) and quit. It took me 3 weeks to kill HM Gul'dan, and now i'll probably unsub till 7.2 come out. Why ? Because I beat the end boss. And a lot of ppl don't even go this far and leave after LFR/NM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    One example, these mythic realm trash farm runs? serioulsy? they shouldn't even be in the raid on that difficulty let alone farming for powerful gear. An attunement should be required to even enter the raid.
    I dunno about you but i remember trash farms being a thing since classic, ppl have always found a way of milking extra drops but i am almost certain i've seen MC trash farm groups, SSC/TK trash farm groups, BT/MH trash farm groups even sunwell trash farm groups were quite popular for a while, along with late expansion pugs that actually went for boss kills. pugging was really in full swing on my server during wrath it actually became possible to take an alt past the first tier without too much effort.

the exclusive content your looking for is mythic difficulty raiding, not trash farms that have limited drops, actual boss clearing in mythic is something that is pretty exclusively limited to those who are willing to wipe 100s of times to actually finally over come the tuning. the average player only really gets to see hardest version of the content once a large portion of ppl out gear it.

does it really need to be a unique raid? i've only tried a few mythic encounters so far and they were different enough/more damage that it was pretty much like an entirely new encounter. most of the mythic bosses do have an extra element that makes the fight considerably different to its normal/heroic counter part.

attunements just become a gate in the end, a bottle neck, its like karazhan, when i got to 70 i had to wait around for a couple of weeks before ppl in my guild finally got around to getting attuned. i was ready to go, but everyone else was just somewhere along the atunement. at least the bt attunement was mostly done in the raid so everyone got attuned at mostly the same time.
    Last edited by Heathy; 2017-02-18 at 06:03 PM.

Deleted
    There is, Unless you are current done with Mythic, you are not nearly as good as the "golden days" you are thinking back on. There is Exclusive, it is called Mythic raiding.

Simple question to those who are opposed to more exclusive content... why are you opposed to having to get attuned, or do a quest chain requiring raid boss kills, or something of that nature to be able to enter a new dungeon or raid?
    They are not the same thing. Attunement and exclusive is the not same. I am disappointed at you. For someone like you to not know the difference.

All im calling for is less queue content. Sure keep some on the queue, but create some content that is not simply able to be queued for. Can't we compromise on that?
    You want exclusive content, why not tell them to make them and make people pay for it. There. You have your exclusive content that only you and others willingly to put the effort to earn the money to pay for it.

Why not? It worked out great for Wildstar!
    They always told me I would miss my family... but I never miss from close range.

Quote Originally Posted by Accendor View Post
    he is actually right.
    He's actually not right. All attunements did was split the available pool of players. If you needed to fill a spot in your raid team, often attunements meant suspending raid activity until the new member could be brought up to speed. Gear and player skill already accounts for this when compared to raid difficulty. There's no reason to add an additional gate on top of that just because some people can't set their own goals, or because someone who's not even part of your team or guild thinks people should have to pay their dues before playing 'their' raid content.
    Last edited by SirCowdog; 2017-02-18 at 11:09 PM.

Hard to justify developer's efforts on something intended towards very very tiny portion of the playerbase. So no.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Justpassing View Post
    Why not? It worked out great for Wildstar!
    What exactly happened to Wildstar? It kinda just disappeared from my radar.

As long as there is content for everyone else I'm cool with more exclusive content.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyshade View Post
    What exactly happened to Wildstar? It kinda just disappeared from my radar.
    It went F2P. They made some updates and such, and it's still VERY playable. But it simply doesn't have anywhere near the same playerbase as more popular games, so it can sometimes be hard to find groups for things. The matchmaking tool basically doesn't work, so you find groups using the global chat channel instead. Although Wildstar DID just receive an award for "Best raiding" recently.

They're actually just about to release a new end-game progression system, and they added Chua warriors and Aurin engineers finally(although you have to unlock them with money or tokens). If you're looking for a change of pace, now might not be a bad time to take a second look.

You can't queue for any difficulties of content that matters, so... While I agree that exclusivity ain't bad for the game, you shouldn't try to base your argument on a fallacy.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    It went F2P. They made some updates and such, and it's still VERY playable. But it simply doesn't have anywhere near the same playerbase as more popular games, so it can sometimes be hard to find groups for things. The matchmaking tool basically doesn't work, so you find groups using the global chat channel instead. Although Wildstar DID just receive an award for "Best raiding" recently.

They're actually just about to release a new end-game progression system, and they added Chua warriors and Aurin engineers finally(although you have to unlock them with money or tokens). If you're looking for a change of pace, now might not be a bad time to take a second look.
    I see, thank you. I'm actually glad they're continuing to fix things and release more content. I liked the aesthetics of the game but I never really played it since I had WoW and FFXIV.

Of course. Many things have evolved for the better in wow like m+ etc. But Jeff Kaplan was right 2005 when he said exclusivity is important for an mmo. Now no one cares when LFR has the same models as Mythic gear, if you even get to see people from your own realm since they are phased out most of the time.. The whole catering with LFR/LFG/Xrealm bs is what's killing the wow community.
    Last edited by barackohmama; 2017-02-19 at 03:31 PM.

how does something that lets more ppl play the game, kill the community.

how is less ppl having the tools or the means to form groups, fostering a greater community.

if anything more ppl are doing group content today than ever before. there is no difference between a server community a regional community or a global community is all the same fucking community, a community of wow players.

the only tight-knit community that matters to any extent is your guild community, you know the guys you raid with? the 9-29 other ppl that make up most of your raid night social interaction. that is the community that matters, the community that you interact with multiple times a week.
    Last edited by Heathy; 2017-02-19 at 03:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by j0ust View Post
    The problem, genius, is that you'd lose the majority of your playerbase. It's fortunate your MMO development insights are confined to the keyboard or we'd have another Wildstar on our hands (look it up).

Also, posting in a bait thread.
    It's frustrating calling it a "playerbase" but see the thing is that the game was actually better off sub wise in TBC with attunements and backtracking requirements so... No I think we'd be just fine having a game that actually offers a sense of progression.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by lightspark View Post
    I guess you didn't raid seriously in TBC, guild poaching was a HUGE issue back then, the plague of TBC raiding...

Many lower tier guilds were stuck behind every higher tier guild, not cuz they weren't skilled enough, but simply cuz as soon as they got their tanks, healers, DDs geared and attuned for the next big raid, many people from their rosters would be "recruited" by higher tier guilds, and higher tier guilds were losing their members to even higher tier guilds. Unless you were in bleeding edge guild, or on a low pop realm w/ very few raiding guilds, you're pretty much fucked.

Although I like attunements in general, forced content obsolescence is a MUST, cuz people LOVE fucking each other over, that's in our competitive nature, community itself can't sort these issues out, so devs have to step in.
    And that still happens today to many guilds. Your guild is 3/10 NH M? Too bad that 4/10 M NH guild needs your top dps balance druid. Find a guild willing to put effort into its members then.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jngizu View Post
    The problem is for new players or players coming back. Good luck finding a decent guild during Vanilla or TBC if you started late or took a break. You were basically forced to join smaller guilds and leave them once you got geared and so on until finally you could join a top guild on your server. That sucked big time. That being said, AP is a form of attunement. Maybe not the best one sure, but with the current system, I see a lot of people still running EN and ToV.

I do agree that too strong catch-up mechanics are not healthy for the game but Vanilla's or TBC's grindfests were way way worse. Wouldn't shock me if WoW lost 90% of its player base if they went back to that kind of system.
    I mean there are many people pushing for legacy Vanilla or TBC servers who don't play the game anymore because of what it has become. I'm pretty sure we'd be okay with them back.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I don't really care either way. Mostly since I understand if I want to achieve something in game I CAN, but if I choose not to for a myriad reasons, that is not a fault on the game or the Devs but on myself.

People that want everything for no effort are scum.
    People that want things that require you to basically play 24/7 so only 0.005% can obtain it are scum.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hctaz View Post
    I mean there are many people pushing for legacy Vanilla or TBC servers who don't play the game anymore because of what it has become. I'm pretty sure we'd be okay with them back.
    The irony is they complain there is no content, or that the game is too easy. Yet ask for a Frozen server which will not gain any more content and which 95% of the content would be considered too easy once you out geared it in 6 months. making the Servers relatively pointless.