Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Blastfizzle View Post
    https://www.change.org/p/j-k-rowling...spare-bedrooms

So, J.K. Rowling is all for accepting refugees - this petition is about suggesting her to stop talking and starting to act
    It's pretty hilarious, because she's in a position the put her money where her mouth is.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rotted View Post
    My other half and myself have two spare bedrooms, and we're for accepting refugees into the country (within reason)

Should we be forced to take some in as well?

Or should we only try to force that on to people who have become successful?
    If you're a public figure, then yes, you should lead by example.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Quote Originally Posted by Krawu View Post
    So stop complaining and get involved in politics if you care so much. Vote. Be active. Your political voice has the same weight as that of Rowling. If you don't get your way, that's probably because people that share your views are in the minority and it's democracy at work.

And don't forget that Rowling used to be lower class as well. Maybe taking a more liberal view on things is just how she rolls? Bringing in Rowlings's wealth as a point against her views on refugee policy is like not having a point at all.
    She was poor way before this shit started. And I always vote. I voted for brexit and soon we'll be out of the union. Providing we get leaders with a decent immigration policy the expansion of the Ghetto I mentioned should slow down.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    It's pretty hilarious, because she's in a position the put her money where her mouth is.

- - - Updated - - -

If you're a public figure, then yes, you should lead by example.
    Since when is Rowling a political figure? Is she running for parliament or something?
    Also, supporting a general refugee-friendly policy doesn't mean having to put strangers in your seven figure home.

You may think that this petition is hilarious because you'll force Rowling to admit to hypocrisy, but she'll either brush it off and laugh at you for being stupid, or she'll actually house some refugees, rendering your entire point moot. You can only lose.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    She was poor way before this shit started. And I always vote. I voted for brexit and soon we'll be out of the union. Providing we get leaders with a decent immigration policy the expansion of the Ghetto I mentioned should slow down.
    Oh you didn't have to tell me that you voted for Brexit. I sort of pieced that together on my own.

Look, I don't support a completely unchecked refugee flow into Europe. I'm for background checks whereever possible, and I'm for immediate extradition of any refugees who are found guilty of having committed a crime to their respective governments.

But I am for an open door approach to the refugee question. The majority being Muslim is no argument against refugees.
    So most terrorist attacks in the world right now are being committed by Muslims. So what? That's like saying you shouldn't visit the US because it has 4 times the homicide rate that Great Britain has (3.9 per 100.000 in the US as compared to 0.9 in the UK). The reason you shouldn't go there is the current President
    I have many friends that have come to Germany from Turkey, Afghanistan, Iran etc. Most of them are Muslim, and none have threatened to cut off my head just because I'm an Atheist. We're too busy hanging out playing Smash Bros. and eating chips (crisps).
    Last edited by Krawu; 2017-02-20 at 01:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by PassingBy View Post
    We haven't seen her tax papers.
    Being very wealthy there is a high enough possibility that she has a personal advisor that helps her "optimize" her taxes.
    And percentage wise she is paying less than a middle-class/upper middle class tax payer.
    And yet, she almost certainly has paid far more in taxes than you would in 20 lifetimes.

I wouldn't complain if I got to live in her castle.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm all for her putting her money where her mouth is, THEN she can bitch about people not taking in refugees.
    #boycottchina

Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    All the alt-right triggered by her and burning her books is hilarious.
    I thought you we're making a joke, but it's true. Shame the alt-right never learned from their book-burnings in the past.

"The opposite of love is not hate, it's indifference. The opposite of art is not ugliness, it's indifference. The opposite of faith is not heresy, it's indifference. And the opposite of life is not death, it's indifference."

Elie Wiesel (1928 – 2016)

Quote Originally Posted by Krawu View Post
    Since when is Rowling a political figure? Is she running for parliament or something?
    Also, supporting a general refugee-friendly policy doesn't mean having to put strangers in your seven figure home.

You may think that this petition is hilarious because you'll force Rowling to admit to hypocrisy, but she'll either brush it off and laugh at you for being stupid, or she'll actually house some refugees, rendering your entire point moot. You can only lose.
    I said public not political, you can't even argue honesty, and this is why no one will ever take you seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by sheggaro View Post
    No, but those who want to essentially turn our government into a charity should do so with their own money. Especially when it's a rich person claiming we should.
    Then the exact same should be done for all of a government's "charitable" expenditures.

Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    I mean y'all do realize that people who are ok with accepting refugees into their country aren't doing it to force them into homes of people who don't want them, right?

I mean y'all DO realize that they either are housed in unoccupied spaces or families are taken in by people who want to.

You do realize that, right? And when you say or do retarded shit like this that it just undermines your entire opposition and make you look like a complete fucking idiot.

Right?

I don't even agree with JK Rowling on this issue but its really funny seeing her trigger all the alt-right, Trumpettes, and conservatives. Its really quite impressive that with Brexit and Trump, the conservatives have immediately became what they maligned for so long: children crying over literally everything and everybody who disagree with them.

#boycottharrypotter

Its time for us to bring back public book burnings I think. Really show people how much you're for freedom of speech.

Just watch the first minute and half.

You mean, it's somehow bad when people get called out on their hypocrisy?

No, boycott all you want, but leave the books alone. It's not even funny. And the reason why it's not funny is because the leftists are actually burning the books they don't like.

As for the petition, I think it's a great idea. I don't think it will accomplish much of anything, but it will at least show that Rowling is a hypocrite who is just using cause of the day to virtue signal.

I mean, if some rich prick is willing to go as far as to say they are more than willing to do something to help someon/people... there should be held to that should be held accountable until they learn to shut their rich mouth and stop with the further vomit of what think makes them look like even bigger people. I like my rich and powerful; silent. Welp... publicly silent.
    AMD Build: | CPU: FX-9590 OEM 8-Core(4.7 GHz) Black Edition | GPU: STRIX R9 380 2GB(x1) | Ram: 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3-1600 Memory
    Main: Samsung 850 500GB | BU: WDC Caviar Blue 2TB(x2) | Power: Corsair CX500 | Mobo: Sabertooth 990FX R2.0 [Old faithful!]

Now my living room center piece and open case HTPC.

If the issue is cost, then all those opposed to the refugees should have no issue if someone else is paying for it. Good to know.

Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    I mean y'all do realize that people who are ok with accepting refugees into their country aren't doing it to force them into homes of people who don't want them, right?

I mean y'all DO realize that they either are housed in unoccupied spaces or families are taken in by people who want to.

You do realize that, right? And when you say or do retarded shit like this that it just undermines your entire opposition and make you look like a complete fucking idiot.

Right?

I don't even agree with JK Rowling on this issue but its really funny seeing her trigger all the alt-right, Trumpettes, and conservatives. Its really quite impressive that with Brexit and Trump, the conservatives have immediately became what they maligned for so long: children crying over literally everything and everybody who disagree with them.

#boycottharrypotter

Its time for us to bring back public book burnings I think. Really show people how much you're for freedom of speech.
    According to the overpopulation thread we don't have any unoccupied space!
    Me thinks Chromie has a whole lot of splaining to do!

Quote Originally Posted by Astalnar View Post

Just watch the first minute and half.

You mean, it's somehow bad when people get called out on their hypocrisy?

No, boycott all you want, but leave the books alone. It's not even funny. And the reason why it's not funny is because the leftists are actually burning the books they don't like.

As for the petition, I think it's a great idea. I don't think it will accomplish much of anything, but it will at least show that Rowling is a hypocrite who is just using cause of the day to virtue signal.
    lol paul joseph watson.

He could be 100% right and I won't know because im not watching anything that joke of a man puts out. Im glad you're all suddenly so against virtue signalling celebrities. I'm sure you feel the same about Trump supporting celebrities, yes?

Also you might want to recheck your 'DANG LEFTISTS BURNING BOOKS!' People have been burning the HP novels as well. Shockingly its almost like retards who do that are on both sides of the spectrum. Just another example of the entire mentality of the right after Trump's election where they bitch and moan about shit that they have been doing for a while now. Also known as: giant fucking hypocrites.

Keep on fighting those dirty SJW celebrities who express a political opinion you dislike. #boycottharrypotter
    Last edited by KrazyK923; 2017-02-20 at 01:21 PM.

Rowling has become nothing more than a pundit with the mental consistency of someone that is slowly binge-drinking themselves to death, these days. I would sympathize but, being a regular user of the internet myself, I have my own problems to deal with, so keeping this in mind is a good way to stay grounded and avoid becoming a bleeding heart.

Immigration is a complex issue, let's NOT look to mainstream children book authors to solve that one. Especially when they don't really believe any of what they spout in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by Boomzy View Post
    What kind of retarded logic is this.

Should all of the pro-lifers have to adopt all of the babies born if abortions were illegal too? Of course not. That would be absurd.
    Actually yes that's exactly why I'm pro-choice. You either offer to adopt the children that would be aborted yourself or shut-up. The same goes for those that are pro-refugee. You either offer to take them in yourself or you're a hypocrite.

Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    And yet, she almost certainly has paid far more in taxes than you would in 20 lifetimes.
    And yet I almost certainly have grown more potatoes that she would in an hour.
    What does it have to do with the point of the topic?

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by matt4pack View Post
    Actually yes that's exactly why I'm pro-choice. You either offer to adopt the children that would be aborted yourself or shut-up. The same goes for those that are pro-refugee. You either offer to take them in yourself or you're a hypocrite.
    Or, you know, find an acceptable middle ground. But hey, why be reasonable?

Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    So yeah, naturally I'm pissed off when rich cunts preach about 'helping' degenerate this country further.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    I'm all for her putting her money where her mouth is, THEN she can bitch about people not taking in refugees.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wallmaker Yahzarah View Post
    I like my rich and powerful; silent.
    envy
    noun
    mass noun

1 A feeling of discontented or resentful longing aroused by someone else's possessions, qualities, or luck.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    I said public not political, you can't even argue honesty, and this is why no one will ever take you seriously.
    That's not even the point. Her pledging solidarity to refugees has nothing to do with people suddenly demanding she let them into her house. If you're famous and say that you like your fans, you won't let any crash on your couch when one suddenly shows up on your doorstep because their spouse has kicked them out.
    They're still strangers.

This is just one big retarded hail Mary attempt by the Right to shame her into silence because she said something they don't like.