Page 1 of 11
... LastLast

British Petition Review disapproves of Trump visit

Hot off the presses. British Parliament just voted to reject an official state visit from Trump! So new I do not even have a news article to link yet! Trump is going to go batshit

Link below to a Twitter video from ABCNews that someone recorded. Waiting on news organization to pick up on this and write a article I can link

Update

So not a formal vote but voice vote? British Parliament is strange

https://twitter.com/SCalaisS/status/833768632333303809

Source: https://www.washingtonpost.com/world...?tid=ss_tw-amp

No formal vote was held at the end of the three-hour debate, which took place in a side-room of Parliament rather than the House of Commons chamber. The chants of protesters outside could be heard as lawmakers spoke.

10+ Year Old Account
    every one of my key strokes is actually a brush stroke on the canvas that is the off-topic forum
    Good. he needs some rejection from major powers.

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Well, that is the will of Parliament.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

Herald of the Titans
    7+ Year Old Account
    annnnnnnd ready /popcorn

Deleted
    Yet no source. Guess this must be more of that fake news the yanks are yammering about.

Quote Originally Posted by Kotutha View Post
    Yet no source. Guess this must be more of that fake news the yanks are yammering about.
    Sorry I am watching it break live on Twitter. Someone linked the no vote video from ABCNews but no news organization apparently had a prewritten story in case this happened. I am watching for stories to be written so I can update the original post.

Quote Originally Posted by Kotutha View Post
    Only sources out there say they're debating it. Trump will show up regardless, and chances are this is just another blown out of proportion scenario.

Take#44

even your twitter post has tons of comments saying this is false misinformation...

Edit: For the dude above

10+ Year Old Account
    every one of my key strokes is actually a brush stroke on the canvas that is the off-topic forum
    I think it would be the coolest thing Britain has ever done. I hold hope.

Quote Originally Posted by Puremallace View Post
    Hot off the presses. British Parliament just voted to reject an official state visit from Trump! So new I do not even have a news article to link yet! Trump is going to go batshit

Link below to a Twitter video from ABCNews that someone recorded. Waiting on news organization to pick up on this and write a article I can link

Wait, I thought you guys had a dictator?

All jokes aside, it's not surprising that the pip squeak lesser politicians are so irresponsible, that they would put cheap shots above their own well being. They do it here as well.

Can you imagine the damage that would be done if the US/UK relationship were ruined? The UK would suffer far, far more. This makes no logical sense, from merely a self interest angle.
    Last edited by Tijuana; 2017-02-20 at 08:22 PM.

Deleted
    Sorry I am watching it break live on Twitter. Someone linked the no vote video from ABCNews but no news organization apparently had a prewritten story in case this happened. I am watching for stories to be written so I can update the original post.

I don't believe that no major media organisation had a pre-written story for this, they have pre-written stories for just about everything. Or in the very least, BBC usually does its breaking news section to announce it, while they type the story up.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account

Fan-fucking-tastic. He'll probably claim he called it off. Or maybe he'll spend $5MM of tax payer money visiting his Scottish golf resort. At least he's getting something out of the presidency - the country/world sure as hell isn't.

If the Queen is the head of state, how is it that she has no say in who she visits with? Can she meet with him in a non-official way? Do they just own this woman completely?

7+ Year Old Account
    I'd say hold your horses, this is not confirmed.

Quote Originally Posted by peggleftw View Post
    I don't believe that no major media organisation had a pre-written story for this, they have pre-written stories for just about everything. Or in the very least, BBC usually does its breaking news section to announce it, while they type the story up.
    They all seem focused on Trumps pick to replace Flynn that was literally announced at the same time this was voted on. I am still waiting for them to write anything.

Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    Fan-fucking-tastic. He'll probably claim he called it off. Or maybe he'll spend $5MM of tax payer money visiting his Scottish golf resort. At least he's getting something out of the presidency - the country/world sure as hell isn't.
    Are you kidding? The ratings on the Trump show are through the roof. We are getting a lot out of his presidency. Well...a lot of entertainment anyway!

Deleted
    Well, wasnt it just about if her majesty would have to meet him?

He still may come to GB, AFAIR.

Quote Originally Posted by Tijuana View Post
    If the Queen is the head of state, how is it that she has no say in who she visits with? Can she meet with him in a non-official way? Do they just own this woman completely?
    She can meet with him none officially if she wanted through an invite to Buckingham palace. Thing is she probably doesn't like him either, most people here don't so I doubt she overly cares.

10+ Year Old Account

10+ Year Old Account
    Stupid.

Nothing like rejecting your largest ally. Silly Brits.
    "Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.” - General James Mattis

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Prince Oberyn Martell View Post
    Their vote is not binding. Government will decide to go ahead with it anyway.
    Pretty much.

Parliament can say whatever the hell it wants on Trump, they can't block May's invitation for a State Visit.
    "Life is one long series of problems to solve. The more you solve, the better a man you become.... Tribulations spawn in life and over and over again we must stand our ground and face them."