Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    The far left thinks gender studies is science, the far right thinks geology isn't.
    This really made me smile
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CmdrShep2154 View Post
    I believe in the right to self defense with a firearm. I believe in a strong military and fully funded NASA. I believe in rebuilding our infrastructure and giving our youth a world class education. I believe in uniting humanity under freedom, democracy, human rights, science, and technology.

What do these extremists think of science, technology, and space military people who work alongside and fight against aliens?
    Wtf are you talking about?

Quote Originally Posted by Tijuana View Post
    I think we should build a huge space army and attack Mars ASAP. Ideally, full on nukes and everything. Because FUCK MARS, those guys are dicks.

All jokes aside, this NASA engine looks either so promising it's a game changer, or so good it surely must be a hoax.
    The EM drive thing? I'm putting money on it just behaves in a way that does conform with physics, just in a way they didn't expect. Not all this 'it challenges the laws of physics!' marketing bull. "Nothing happens in contradiction to nature, only in contradiction to what we know of it."
    Last edited by willtron; 2017-02-21 at 10:43 AM.
    1) Load the amount of weight I would deadlift onto the bench
    2) Unrack
    3) Crank out 15 reps
    4) Be ashamed of constantly skipping leg day

Deleted
    I think a large part of those things will be in private hands in the (near) future.

Something like Weyland Corporation from the Alien movies.

Their opinions are many and varied because they're all individuals, not the massive hivemind you imagine them to be.

Quote Originally Posted by AwkwardSquirtle View Post
    Their opinions are many and varied because they're all individuals, not the massive hivemind you imagine them to be.
    I will agree or disagree with this statement as soon as I check in with the collective to verify what my opinion is.

Quote Originally Posted by Ransath View Post
    Can you prove the creationism is "bullshit"?
    You might as well have asked "Can your SCIENCE explain why it rains?"

It's very hard to progress science when we have people, I don't care what "side" they're on, who don't even understand things we cleared up decades ago.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

Quote Originally Posted by willtron View Post
    The EM drive thing? I'm putting money on it just behaves in a way that does conform with physics, just in a way they didn't expect. Not all this 'it challenges the laws of physics!' marketing bull. "Nothing happens in contradiction to nature, only in contradiction to what we know of it."
    It's pretty cool either way. If we can master it, we clearly will be able to go farther in space than we could before, by a large margin.

Simple, the far right doesn't believe in anything that will hurt corporations. The far left thinks crystals can heal depression.

As a space militairy person who works alongside and fights against aliens I can say that most people are pretty thrilled on their first spaceflight and rarely talk about politics, even those who love to hate, or hate to love.
    Last edited by P for Pancetta; 2017-02-21 at 04:41 PM.