Page 17 of 21 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    1. AP grindfest
    2. Warforged/Titanforged/RNGforged
    3. Lack of account-wide reputations

Why... Why can't there be a thread about, "What is best feature of Legion?" OR "What do you love about the game?" Every damn day there is a new thread about the problems with the game. Why is it always negative? I know that what I am saying will fall on deaf ears but for the love of WoW just play and enjoy it. Yes I know, "Don't read the thread then." but the threads keep filling up the recent post section.

Am I missing something? Please help me understand.

To answer the OP, I'm going to say the worst feature of Legion is the section of the community that likes to complain about Legion.

*Ducks for cover*

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Beelzeboss View Post
    Why... Why can't there be a thread about, "What is best feature of Legion?" OR "What do you love about the game?" Every damn day there is a new thread about the problems with the game. Why is it always negative? I know that what I am saying will fall on deaf ears but for the love of WoW just play and enjoy it. Yes I know, "Don't read the thread then." but the threads keep filling up the recent post section.

Am I missing something? Please help me understand.

To answer the OP, I'm going to say the worst feature of Legion is the section of the community that likes to complain about Legion.

*Ducks for cover*
    You can start one if you want, instead of whining about criticism.

Quote Originally Posted by Yipikayey View Post
    Whining? That's what this whole thread is about. I thought I was participating.

Deleted
    Whining? That's what this whole thread is about. I thought I was participating.
    Yes, whining. "Oh this people are complaining about stuff i like, oooh". That is pretty much what you just did.

It has nothing to do with "...stuff I like." I am just genuinely curious about the appeal of these topics.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowpunkz View Post
    I don't understand the legendary hate. I've been only playing for less than a Month and already got 2 legendaries only doing emissary quests everyday
    Oh I can explain that. You're playing a class that has a clear cut good legendary and maybe two that are better than the rest. Then you get your first two legendaries and they're not good. You get your third and it's the worst one you could have gotten. You realize you've lost months of playtime and bad luck protection only to have to start over, and they just added more legendaries so your odds of the next one being bad are higher than they were for this last one. Now you're going to spend another month just to have a low chance of getting something worth having, meanwhile every time you parse 99% you know you missed ranking and all it would have taken was a BIS legendary.

I'll never forget my total disappointment when I got a legendary and it was sephuz. All those weeks of anticipation and hope, shredded. It was easily the worst feeling in WOW, knowing how much time I had lost.

Quote Originally Posted by hatchetman240 View Post
    Oh I can explain that. You're playing a class that has a clear cut good legendary and maybe two that are better than the rest. Then you get your first two legendaries and they're not good. You get your third and it's the worst one you could have gotten. You realize you've lost months of playtime and bad luck protection only to have to start over, and they just added more legendaries so your odds of the next one being bad are higher than they were for this last one. Now you're going to spend another month just to have a low chance of getting something worth having, meanwhile every time you parse 99% you know you missed ranking and all it would have taken was a BIS legendary.

I'll never forget my total disappointment when I got a legendary and it was sephuz. All those weeks of anticipation and hope, shredded. It was easily the worst feeling in WOW, knowing how much time I had lost.
    then compete in the 'no bis legendary' bracket until you get your bis legendary, the game isn't balanced around everyone having bis legendaries, it goes fast if that is the case, but generally speaking, the ones with bis legendaries can carry those without, until those without get their bis and can join the dps carrying those under performing.

you don't need 9-29 ppl having bis legendaries to progress, you can progress perfectly fine without some ppl having bis legendaries, does it suck under performing because you lack a specific legendary, definitely, is it stopping progression, no.

Deleted
    It has nothing to do with "...stuff I like." I am just genuinely curious about the appeal of these topics.
    Are you saying you don't understand why people try to find outlets and confirmations to let their frustrations out ?

Legion
    /10char
    I miss WoD
    I level warriors, I have 48 max level warriors.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by hatchetman240 View Post

Ok i understand now.

I got one of the best legendaries of all time today so i was feeling kinda happy. But i understand if people with bad luck totally hate the system.

Quote Originally Posted by DesMephisto View Post
    Legion
    /10char
    I miss WoD
    Nice joke, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Heathy View Post
    then compete in the 'no bis legendary' bracket until you get your bis legendary, the game isn't balanced around everyone having bis legendaries, it goes fast if that is the case, but generally speaking, the ones with bis legendaries can carry those without, until those without get their bis and can join the dps carrying those under performing.

you don't need 9-29 ppl having bis legendaries to progress, you can progress perfectly fine without some ppl having bis legendaries, does it suck under performing because you lack a specific legendary, definitely, is it stopping progression, no.
    Of course you don't. People play for different reasons. Some people may not care that they don't parse well. Others do.

Say there's only 1 raid spot for 2 people of the same class. Person 1 is a little bit better than person 2. Then person 2 gets their BiS legendary and proceeds to out dps person 1. Yeah, they die sometimes and fail mechanics every so often, but they now put out consistently higher dps than person 1. Guess who gets sat on progression. Person 1.

If the swing wasn't as big as it is, 1-2%, rather than 5-12% in some cases, then the legendary system would be waaaaaaaaaaay more palatable.

Quote Originally Posted by kaelleria View Post
    Of course you don't. People play for different reasons. Some people may not care that they don't parse well. Others do.

Say there's only 1 raid spot for 2 people of the same class. Person 1 is a little bit better than person 2. Then person 2 gets their BiS legendary and proceeds to out dps person 1. Yeah, they die sometimes and fail mechanics every so often, but they now put out consistently higher dps than person 1. Guess who gets sat on progression. Person 1.

If the swing wasn't as big as it is, 1-2%, rather than 5-12% in some cases, then the legendary system would be waaaaaaaaaaay more palatable.
    If I was person 1 i'd just join a guild where ppl aren't meter whores and have space for me to join regardless.

its really a no brain decision, go where your needed. if ppl are sad to see you go, fuck them they didn't want you anyway.

I haven't had to sit out raids since tbc, we had about 2 extra healers during the latter half of tbc so we had to take it in turns to sit out a raid. its not a new concept. at least today you have m+ so if your not picked for raid night you can still go off and try get upgrades that way. instead of say, not being able to do anything and essentially logging off.

I raid with a cool bunch of peeps some of us have a bit of an elitist bone still left in our bodies but we don't rub it in everyone face we don't pick and choose who comes although we raid heroic with between 14-16 ppl atm, so, there is space in our raids to double our size if we really wanted to. as far as i know everyone at least tries and progress is still made regardless of one or two ppl not geting bis. our GL is a demon hunter who wants the ring and it hasn't dropped for him, we're still making progress.. he doesn't need that ring for us to make progress.

so long as the players in the raid are good competent players i could not care less what ilvl their gear is or how many bis legendaries they have, if the boss dies, that is all that matters.
    Last edited by Heathy; 2017-02-21 at 07:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Yipikayey View Post
    Nope. faggot mmo-champ mods close them.
    Yeah I'll take my ban, shit needs to be said.

Legendarys. They really shouldnt have added dps increasing legendarys.

CRZ. It simply does not work without factions being balanced (read: balance as long as possible, and the excess has to cope with the regular no opposing faction zone). It's not even about PvP, because hardly anyone bothers to attack you when in the open world (only ever if you want to hand in emissary quests, then it is being zerged by outnumbered 10:1 in a best case - though even that happens rarely), but rather that you cannot get WQ's done efficiently when everything is tagged by the opposing faction.

Deleted
    Obviously the legendary system is the absolute worst part of this expansion. Having no control over your best dps enchancing items is just simply dumb. If you are lucky enough you can enjoy that 10% dps increase and top parses, if you are not however, you can go to PTR and test the best legendaries on your character, just to see how much you are missing out.

Yes, some of the fking legendaries are THAT big of a deal for some classes (havoc dh ring) that they even make the gameplay much more smooth and fun. And yes, if you are simply unlucky you are missing out on all that. Brilliant idea blizzard.

7+ Year Old Account
    Not a fan of the legendary system(yes I did get a few of the good ones on my main)
    Also not a huge fan of the mythic+ system, granted I only ever got to +8 which is not that high up. I know alot of people like it because it allows them to play something challenging without the need to head into a raid which is fine. Personally though I just thought they were done poorly, I would have liked to see them add new boss mechanics as you got higher up in the difficulty not just bigger numbers.

10+ Year Old Account
    legendaries
    ...Le Poète est semblable au prince des nuées
    Qui hante la tempête e se rit de l'archer;
    Exilé sul le sol au milieu des huées,
    Ses ailes de géant l'empêchent de marcher.

Charles Baudelaire

Deleted
    And to top that off Blizzard cannot handle legendaries/wf/tf and mythic+ properly and end up with spastic tuning/balancing of speccs/fights/mechanics/pvp.
    Take ret pallies for example : Crusader got great synergy with certain relics, legendaries and wf/tf options. Hardcore players did their time grinding towards that end and then Blizz decided that the wisest option would be to nerf the talent punishing every player that was not in the position to obtain gear tuned specifically in that way.
    TLDR the whole loot system in terms of ilvl and strong legendaries should end up in the recycle bin for the next expansion or they should spend quite some time thinking about it (we all know they aint gonna do the latter) cause it becomes punishing for everyone.