Page 18 of 24 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TwoNineMarine View Post
    It needs to happen. And this anchor baby bullshit needs to end as well. Cut that shit off.

There would certainly be some initial shock economically but it would recover, as economies tend to do, once those jobs were filled by American citizens.

This would also need to be coupled with a law stating you need to work. Whether you financially support yourself at home or need a more traditional job, so be it, but you have to be generating income for yourself and if not then you'll be given a choice of available jobs (from those vacated by the recently kicked out illegals).

I get it, it's not a popular opinion (on here at least), but it needs to be done.
    They wouldn't go filled, the economy would go into severe recession and those jobs would cease to exist.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ransath View Post
    Well, it is too bad they didn't include the National Guard. Would have made the job of removing every single illegal immigrant in the USA go so much quicker and easier.

At least they already have the language. Maybe they can just insert it later in a memo revision.
    Don't be too confident about that. I am sure after a month even the most vociferous supporters would be angered by the miscarriage of justice and rights when national guard assets are holding up traffic, raiding the wrong homes, and arresting the wrong people.
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    There is a problem, but I know just banning guns will fix the problem.

Deleted
    So he is going to start deportations. Well.. america on its slow way to fascism.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Daelak View Post
    I am sure after a month even the most vociferous supporters would be angered by the miscarriage of justice and rights when national guard assets are holding up traffic...

Rather have traffic held up by the National Guard arresting illegal immigrants than by a bunch of butt-hurt crybabies "protesting".

...raiding the wrong homes, and arresting the wrong people.
    Oh well, if a few get swept up by accident I am sure they will be released.

BTW - I am one of the "the most vociferous supporters" and I would not be angered at all.

I am also hoping Trump guts DACA completely and rids the USA of those 750k as well.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ransath View Post
    Rather have traffic held up by the National Guard arresting illegal immigrants than by a bunch of butt-hurt crybabies "protesting".

Oh well, if a few get swept up by accident I am sure they will be released.

BTW - I am one of the "the most vociferous supporters" and I would not be angered at all.
    Until you realize it will be an inconvenience for years and someone you care about is detained.
    There is a problem, but I know just banning guns will fix the problem.

10+ Year Old Account
    It needs to happen. And this anchor baby bullshit needs to end as well. Cut that shit off.

There would certainly be some initial shock economically but it would recover, as economies tend to do, once those jobs were filled by American citizens.

This would also need to be coupled with a law stating you need to work. Whether you financially support yourself at home or need a more traditional job, so be it, but you have to be generating income for yourself and if not then you'll be given a choice of available jobs (from those vacated by the recently kicked out illegals).

I get it, it's not a popular opinion (on here at least), but it needs to be done.
    Why does it need to be done?

Perhaps you're not understand the extent to what you're asking for. We already make mistakes in the deportation of illegals. How many American citizens is it OK to deport on accident? 11 million illegals with an error rate of 0.1 (pretty generous for a mass deportation policy) means 11,000 American citizens would be deported. Is that acceptable to you?
    Eat yo vegetables

Quote Originally Posted by rym View Post
    So he is going to start deportations. Well.. america on its slow way to fascism.
    Upholding the law is fascism? LOL!!!

Deleted
    Until you realize it will be an inconvenience for years and someone you care about is detained.
    LOL - no one I know is going to be detained. And since I do not care about illegal aliens one single bit I think your point is moot.

Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    Posse comitatus will pretty much nullify this one about six seconds after it's signed.

But yeah, literally militarizing the police to nullify the populace is right out of the Fascist play book.
    Just as side note, the Posse Comitatus does not prevent the military from acting on US soil, it simply clarifies to specific degrees when it is allowed.

Some more notble things within this context from the Act:

The Act does not apply to the Army National Guard and the Air National Guard under state authority from acting in a law enforcement capacity within its home state or in an adjacent state if invited by that state's governor.
    The President may employ the armed forces... to... restore public order and enforce the laws of the United States when, as a result of a natural disaster, epidemic, or other serious public health emergency, terrorist attack or incident, or other condition... the President determines that... domestic violence has occurred to such an extent that the constituted authorities of the State or possession are incapable of maintaining public order... or [to] suppress, in a State, any insurrection, domestic violence, unlawful combination, or conspiracy if such... a condition... so hinders the execution of the laws... that any part or class of its people is deprived of a right, privilege, immunity, or protection named in the Constitution and secured by law... or opposes or obstructs the execution of the laws of the United States or impedes the course of justice under those laws.
    Last edited by TITAN308; 2017-02-21 at 08:11 PM.

Deleted
    Upholding the law is fascism? LOL!!!
    No, but deporting millions of people because of their skin color or religion is.

No, but deporting millions of people because of their skin color or religion is.
    Well when Trump does that, I will agree with you then.

10+ Year Old Account

The problem is the companies in question that use illegal immigrants wouldn't be able to afford to pay real Americans enough to do the jobs illegals do. Most companies would fold under the sudden massive added cost to their business'.

How is a law stating people need to work going to mesh with Robots starting to take large swaths of jobs away from humans?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xChurch View Post
    The problem is the companies in question that use illegal immigrants wouldn't be able to afford to pay real Americans enough to do the jobs illegals do. Most companies would fold under the sudden massive added cost to their business'.

How is a law stating people need to work going to mesh with Robots starting to take large swaths of jobs away from humans?
    And then those companies would fold and others would take their place. That's how business works.

It would be a shock at first but I personally feel it's something that needs to happen. Plus actually having businesses that can pay decent wages to American citizens isn't a bad thing.

And when automation starts to really take over you'll need people to build said automation as well as to maintain that automation. Shit like this isn't new. The workforce adapts as the workforce has always adapts.

Do you think automation now a days is the first time a machine has taken over work from a human? Yet here we are.

Quote Originally Posted by PRE 9-11 View Post
    Why does it need to be done?

Perhaps you're not understand the extent to what you're asking for. We already make mistakes in the deportation of illegals. How many American citizens is it OK to deport on accident? 11 million illegals with an error rate of 0.1 (pretty generous for a mass deportation policy) means 11,000 American citizens would be deported. Is that acceptable to you?
    Yes.

Especially if they had rules stipulating that those people would be compensated for their time away and couldn't be fire from their jobs. Although proving you are a US citizen shouldn't be that difficult. There are many ways to prove you are a US citizen.

They wouldn't go filled, the economy would go into severe recession and those jobs would cease to exist.

- - - Updated - - -

Don't be too confident about that. I am sure after a month even the most vociferous supporters would be angered by the miscarriage of justice and rights when national guard assets are holding up traffic, raiding the wrong homes, and arresting the wrong people.
    See I don't believe that. Especially if you enacted legislation that people need to be working. There are a lot of Americans without work that could easily fill those jobs. They aren't the primo of primo jobs but work is work. That's one thing Americans need to get over. Too many people bitch about work. Quit being fucking lazy and entitled and get out there and do a job. Who gives a fuck what it is. Quit relying on the government to pay your way and earn it for yourself.

Or hell they could not work but couldn't claim any government welfare of any kind either.
    "Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.” - General James Mattis

Quote Originally Posted by alexw View Post
    And the shit sandwich gets worse......

Edited to add -

The memo has now been released/leaked. You can read it here -
    https://cdn2.vox-cdn.com/uploads/cho...ement....0.pdf

they allready have said when asked directly today that no this will not happen.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Linadra View Post
    What could possibly go wrong when SS squads go rounding people up
    you mean people illegally entering and staying in our country.

- - - Updated - - -

f**k me.....

You think sending the military into our cities, towns, and communities on patrols and raids (which is what they will have to do) is a good thing? This is what you see in military dictatorships.

- - - Updated - - -

Read the original article. It discusses the document in detail including the wording of parts of it.
    they arnt going to, your spreading fake news ment to rile people up, go read some other sources.

10+ Year Old Account
    And then those companies would fold and others would take their place. That's how business works.

It would be a shock at first but I personally feel it's something that needs to happen. Plus actually having businesses that can pay decent wages to American citizens isn't a bad thing.

And when automation starts to really take over you'll need people to build said automation as well as to maintain that automation. Shit like this isn't new. The workforce adapts as the workforce has always adapts.

Do you think automation now a days is the first time a machine has taken over work from a human? Yet here we are.
    Although I agree with that idea in principle, I worry the shock would basically cripple the country, especially at a time when the rest of the world is growing.

I think the coming machine revolution will be unlike any previous industrial revolution by a wide margin.

Deleted
    good to see Trump doing what he promised he would do

I feel sorry for the illegal people that illegally entered the US. Some of them may have actually been nice people

Quote Originally Posted by Reclaimer View Post
    People on here defending Illegal Immigrants. Holy fucking shit.
    I mean, the US was founded by illegal immigrants and their anchor babies. They had to write a special exception into the US Constitution just so Alexander Hamilton would be eligible to run for President.

10+ Year Old Account
    f**k me.....

You think sending the military into our cities, towns, and communities on patrols and raids (which is what they will have to do) is a good thing? This is what you see in military dictatorships..
    Good thing our Republican True American By God Patriots (TM) will be ready with their guns to stand against the tyranny of the black, er, what? He's orange? and what? Oh shit, he's one of us? Who the fuck? We did? You're shitting me...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Said official is a proven liar. For fucks sake, people compare Sean Spicer to the likes of Baghdad Bob. How can anyone trust what Spicer, or any of the Cheeto Administration, says?
    Actually Kellyanne is more akin to Baghdad Bob.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Quit using other posters as levels of crazy. That is not ok

If you look, you can see the straw man walking a red herring up a slippery slope coming to join this conversation.

Good thing that isn't happening just their legal status.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xChurch View Post
    Although I agree with that idea in principle, I worry the shock would basically cripple the country, especially at a time when the rest of the world is growing.

I think the coming machine revolution will be unlike any previous industrial revolution by a wide margin.
    And it certainly will be. Technology has made incredible leaps forward compared to previous eras. But the workforce will adapt as they always have. Because frankly they don't have an option. Some people will fall by the wayside I'm sure, as always happens as well, but the vast majority of people will make the necessary changes to stay competitive in the new work environment.
    "Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.” - General James Mattis

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by PrimaryColor View Post
    Except enforcing our borders and laws is a good thing.
    Definately! We should also bring forth an informer system where you are rewarded if you suspect your neighbour might be / might harbour illegal refugees so that the Task Force Against Undesirables can more easily break into homes and find the people we have to get rid off. After all, our security is at stake here.