Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'll be happy so long as it isn't the tired black/green legion aesthetic we've been seeing thus far.

They may be corrupted and evil, but the eredar should still have some sense of design beyond "green lava EVERYWHERE!"
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    I'll be happy so long as it isn't the tired black/green legion aesthetic we've been seeing thus far.

They may be corrupted and evil, but the eredar should still have some sense of design beyond "green lava EVERYWHERE!"
    I hate to disappoint you, but it is probably going to be like those areas in suramar/azuna, that is what argus is like, but every where. the demons have been there for a long time so its completely over run at this point. anything that was alive there is most likely dead now.

Quote Originally Posted by Heathy View Post
    its not a matter of different zone variety its litterally iirc ion said it in one of his Q and A's that yeah the whole planet looks the same everywhere it grey grey grey with more grey and some green. there is no real way they can somehow shoe horn zone variety into a planet that is mostly grey and green ... everywhere, not just someplaces, everywhere is the same colour scheme. the whole planet is basically composed of the demon inhabited areas of suramar and azuna. i dunno if you can get much variety out of green and grey and black.
    I really don't see how there can't be variety. One entire zone could be the old Draenei city, as others have said you could have a more industrial zone for soul engines type of thing, one could be the standard corruption we've seen. Not to mention the giant broken chunk which (sit down for this) could really work well with FLYING. I mean northrend was just snow but in WoW there was a freakin jungle and only 3 actually snow covered zones.

10+ Year Old Account
    I hate to disappoint you, but it is probably going to be like those areas in suramar/azuna, that is what argus is like, but every where. the demons have been there for a long time so its completely over run at this point. anything that was alive there is most likely dead now.
    It's still the Eredar's home planet, and they're hank-ranking legion members.

It's not inconceivable that they'd have attempted to "preserve" sections of their planet in some way, similar to the eco-domes in netherstorm.

"black and green fel-fire" is something we've seen in... Shadowmoon valley... parts of Nagrand, parts of hellfire peninsula... Hellfire Citadel... Tanaan... pretty much somewhere in every legion zone, and in some of the Legion Dungeons and Legion raids...

It's kind of tired.
    Last edited by Kaleredar; 2017-02-22 at 05:23 AM.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Deleted
    also going with the isle of thunder theory.
    I think it will start at a small base, doing quests unlocks more, and eventually pushes towards the tomb, but over time, not right away

you don't have to try to sell me on the idea i'm just saying what they've already said. here is a snip from polygon.

In an interview with Polygon later in the weekend, World of Warcraft game director Ion Hazzikostas reiterated that Argus is coming and confirmed that it will take place as part of patch 7.3, not as a new standalone expansion.
    not as a new standalone expansion.
    not
    during his q/a he did mention that the whole of argus is mostly the same, and that it would make a terrible expansion. i'm almost certain those are the exact words he said. watch his latest? q/a and you can hear it for your self.

there is a link on here he starts talking about argus at about 13 mins in..

http://www.wowhead.com/news=257585/l...on-hazzikostas
    Last edited by Heathy; 2017-02-22 at 05:29 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    during his q/a he did mention that the whole of argus is mostly the same, and that it would make a terrible expansion. i'm almost certain those are the exact words he said. watch his latest? q/a and you can hear it for your self.
    I feel moreso that they wanted a way to put a period on the end of the expansion.

The broken isles used to be literally nothing but a small chain of islands with some ruins. Blizzard turned it into a zone with a night elf forest, grizzly hills and howling fjord 2.0, a whole city the likes of which we've never seen, and more.

I doubt that they are artistically lacking in ways to approach it. I feel like they're blowing their wad unnecessarily.
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

I'd like Argus to be a really big zone, about twice the size of a normal one. One half more contested by our forces, other half choke full of elite demons. Let's see the Army of Light and our Order Hall troops in action in quests and WQs there. A series of WQ where we kick demon ass with our class troops assisting us directly would rock.

A new dungeon obviously, would be nice if it was a Kara-style megadungeon, but I understand ressources are scarce. But finishing off some high-ranking demon in a 5-man would be cool.

Big ass (12 bosses) raid filled with demons. I get why raids so far (including ToS) aren't full of them, to have some variety, but we're on Argus now. Bring on the Pit Lords, huge Infernals, Dreadlord councils, scheming Succubi, and more Imps that you can shake an Ashbringer at.

Flying would honestly be nice. Maybe not at once, but have a fairly short questline open up about a month in that rewards Argus flight.

Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    Tanaan Jungle sized zone. (HUGE)
    2 new dungeons
    1 new 12 boss raid.
    New feature. ( No idea what this could be. Maybe Timewalking raids?) Every expansion for the past couple has added something in the last patch that they then expand upon in the next expansion. 3.3 added Dungeon finder. 4.3 added LFR. 5.4 added flexible raids, first iteration of the group finder, proving grounds, and connected realms. 6.2 added mythic dungeons and bonus events.

More pvp brawls and stuff.

Flying will be allowed at a certain point but will be locked for a bit. Pathfinder part 3. Rewards a mount like WoD Pathfinder.
    Would be incredibly disappointing if it were even close to Tanaan(And Tanaan wasn't HUGE. It was large but nothing massive). We're talking another planet here...The playable space should be at least the size of a few zones combined together

Deleted
    I would expect tanaan jungle + size, using the IoT quest style where you unlock parts of it. Perhaps some resource gathering like they bring in 7.2 if it is a succes.
    For raids I would expect it to be major, as it will bring the last raid tier of Legion and wrap it up.
    I also expect it to bring a teaser for the next expansion - perhaps through the questing or through a dungeon or raid.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    I feel moreso that they wanted a way to put a period on the end of the expansion.

The broken isles used to be literally nothing but a small chain of islands with some ruins. Blizzard turned it into a zone with a night elf forest, grizzly hills and howling fjord 2.0, a whole city the likes of which we've never seen, and more.

I doubt that they are artistically lacking in ways to approach it. I feel like they're blowing their wad unnecessarily.
    I mean its entirely possible that there could be some more demon content, perhaps a clean up period in the next expansion, we have no real idea what their plans are, i'm kinda curious where they could go next after sargeras there isn't many threats left.

i mean someone pointed out that star auger has a whole spoiler element about showing off new potential threats, maybe old gods or something.

either we're completely done with demons for a while after 7.3 or we'll return to them again at some point, i guess anything is really possible.

no doubt it'll be a big zone with a raid and 5 man/s among other things.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Extremeties View Post
    Would be incredibly disappointing if it were even close to Tanaan(And Tanaan wasn't HUGE. It was large but nothing massive). We're talking another planet here...The playable space should be at least the size of a few zones combined together
    Tannan was the largest patch zone. You cant expect more than that. Sure its fun to dream, but theres no way they can realistically pull that off unless we have to wait for a year after 7.2, or 8.0 would be massively delayed.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mythicalfury View Post
    also going with the isle of thunder theory.
    I think it will start at a small base, doing quests unlocks more, and eventually pushes towards the tomb, but over time, not right away
    What Tomb? I think you are getting 7.2 and 7.3 confused.

- - - Updated - - -

What if we had an expansions where we portal hop around different planets killing old gods. Wrong thread I know, but that above post made me think.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Suramar 2.0, but bigger. I hope that we will never see zone without story like Timeless Isle/Tanaan again, no matter if it's leveling or max level area.

We had no reason to doubt that Blizzard care about Legion patch content, and I think they want to end Legion with something big. Otherwise they would just do something like expanded Trial of Valor for middle tier and end expansion on Broken Shore.

10+ Year Old Account
    As far as size goes I can see it being a regular sized zone, like the Timeless Isle, but it only being a "part" of Argus. Blizz never said we were going to see all of Argus.

Quote Originally Posted by Him of Many Faces View Post
    if they wanted to make it an expansion they could easily cook up different zones.

-succubus pleasure zone
    -industrial zone focussed around soul engines/portals/building fel machinery
    -eredar zone with lots of arcane wizardy architecure and crap
    -spider zone (underground perhaps?)
    -felguard creation/training zone
    -a zone on space asteroids
    -a zone through a portal on another world
    -a zone with demon plants and stuff
    -a prison zone where off world species are kept, could have a player supporting faction this way.

it doesn't have to be all grey and green.
    whats a succubus pleasure zone i dun understand

It feels like we are getting an expansion within an expansion!

Expano-ception!

- - - Updated - - -

Maybe we will see vendors there whos gonna use Nethershards ? iirc it had a tooltip saying something like "used as a currency in the twisting nether"
    Edit Signature.

15+ Year Old Account
    If it's going to represent a majority of 7.3's world content and be completely cordoned off on another world via portals or whatever, it's going to need to compete with the rest of the Broken Isles for player's attention.

Keeping that in mind, I think they'll make it a really huge zone, with lots of subzones, but it'll still effectively be a Timeless Isle / Tanaan / Broken Shore deal. Presumably it'll have enough content, or get enough content over time (7.3.5?), to keep players occupied until 8.0 is ready. We can only hope that they follow through and achieve their goal of shortening the gap this time around.

Now, even though I'm almost positive this won't happen, since we know Argus isn't planned for an entire expansion, what I think would be really awesome is if 7.3 is just us establishing a foothold on Argus, and then 8.0 opens up the rest of Argus (5~6 more zones), with the zone we conquered in 7.3 becoming the base/capital for the next expansion. I mean, that's really stretching the theme of Legion thin (spreading the same antagonists across two expansions), but it would be a cool way to link two expansions. Maybe it's something we can see happen in the future.

That all said, I am disappointed with what we've heard/seen of Argus's aesthetic. I've always hoped that Kil'jaeden, being the nostalgic creep that he is, would have preserved his homeworld. Maybe even just maintaining a facade of its beauty while it becomes more and more demonic the closer you get to his throne, given that he's "the Deceiver" and all. But it seems like they plan for it to just be more black rock, green lava, and demonic obelisks. I hope they push that concept far enough to make it crazy interesting, because we've had an awful lot of that since Hellfire Citadel.

15+ Year Old Account
    I would compare it to Isle of Thunder. However only to get a foothold on the planet. Consider Hellfire Peninsula in Outlands. It is the zone that you get once you go through the Dark Portal (the first time). Then when Expansion come, if it will continue on Argus, we would then get access to additional zones around it and the base in the first zone will have grown and would be our new "capital".

I think it may be something like Vashj'ir - a huge zone divided in 3 sub-zones that share one theme with variances. And then I wish one of the sub-zones is a city, but not like any of the cities we have now. A city with giant, tall Legion towers "skyscrapers". Imagine Coruscant from Star Wars, but demonic, Legion architecture. A lot of vertical areas, floors, landing platforms... and with flying allowed there, which would make perfect sense in such a demonic mega city. The quests would take you all over the place, but there should also be some areas without enemies where you can just enjoy the unseen before environment.

Include some dungeon(s), big raid, world bosses, 1-3 boss smaller raid, new feature.
    Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    Blizzard do what the players want all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Sentynel View Post
    -7.3 will definitely have a new raid, a dungeon and I think we're due for a new battleground (or they will do a graphics update to one of the older battlegrounds, WSG for example)

-About 50% larger than Tanaan Jungle is

-No flying I guess

-We will most likely have a 7.4 that will bridge the story to the next expansion. Might have a raid, might not. Too early to say anything on that yet.

-Artifacts in 8.0 will most likely lose their talent trees & the active usable ability. Skins will be added to the wardrobe, questlines will be removed & a vendor might be added that sells greens / blues to new level 100 characters. Quests that give AP will be changed to reward gold or extra XP.

-I think it will go the same way as it did with previous expansions. You gotta keep your artifact weapon (no traits & ability) until level 120 due to its absurd item level. Weapons as quest rewards will be a thing again.

I think that's pretty much it.
    loss of artifact abilities would be a shameful way to deal with things, some classes rely on said ability to Function.
    Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler

If you are trying to AE tank and a bad dps is attacking the wrong target and dies, we call that justice.