Tichondrius Mythic Tips and hints

I was wondering if you guys had any good tips for tichondrius. We are trying to decide between him and botanist for which boss to go to first. I heard there is a brandless strategy for tichondrius but I cant seem to find any videos or how to do it. Would love any help

Best tip I can give you is to go botanist.

For tichondrius himself: zerg the first 2-3 waves of bats and I mean it, don't be greedy and save for later waves, these will simply not spawn before timer expires if you don't zerg the first waves fast enough
    Last edited by Makarena; 2017-02-22 at 10:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Makarena View Post
    Best tip I can give you is to go botanist.

For tichondrius himself: zerg the first 2-3 waves of bats and I mean it, don't be greedy and save for later waves, these will simply not spawn before timer expires if you don't zerg the first waves fast enough
    to add to this: Bat's re-spawn 2 for each one you killed, so the faster you kill early the more you can kill overall

Quote Originally Posted by cetraben View Post
    So it would work as below?

They "respawn" 2s after one dies, and when a "wave" dies the next "wave" spawns.

Example:
    Wave 1 is 4 Bats
    Wave 2 is 4 Bats
    Wave 3 is 4 Bats

However, if Wave 1 all dies at the same time, Wave 2 spawns and then Wave 1 "respawns"
    No, it works exactly like he wrote.

2 bats spawn initially. Kill 1 bat, and you get 2 more spawning. Repeat ad infinitum. You won't get more "waves" if no bats at all dies.

Hijacking the thread, do you guys think not exploding the branded is a better strat than exploding?
    It eases the raid healing, but we are having some problems with catching intermission buffs. Our melees try to stay away from the ranged/healer that is trying to pick em up, but sometimes a branded blows up and it is really hard to recover if someone dies.
    US-Azralon Rise Above
    Main: Ferozan

FFXIV: Lannile Polebows

Quote Originally Posted by cetraben View Post
    Thanks for the clarification. So, they "respawn" 2s after one dies, and when a bat dies on its "respawn" 2 bats spawn. Which then snowballs to an exponential amount of bats.
    I don't know why you're trying to make it so complicated. For every bat you kill, 2 new ones spawn. There's no respawns or "2s" intervals and whatnot.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ferozan View Post
    Hijacking the thread, do you guys think not exploding the branded is a better strat than exploding?
    It eases the raid healing, but we are having some problems with catching intermission buffs. Our melees try to stay away from the ranged/healer that is trying to pick em up, but sometimes a branded blows up and it is really hard to recover if someone dies.
    Imo yeah the no pop strat is better. The healing requirement is alot less. The thing to remember with this strat is that it takes 5 people to pop a brand. So you can quite easily have 2/3 people stacking on each other very safely.

The biggest potential issue with this strat is the pillar phase. But remember that you only need to LoS the boss not be directly behind the pillar. Because of this you can have a clump of 4 on top of the pillar and 1 player behind the group at a safe distance. This makes it very very easy to avoid popping brands as you will never be in a clump of 5. The bat phase is the hardest since you need to be able to safely get buffs without popping the brands. But with some communication and brands not sprinting into the raid to get buffs you will be fine

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Popping brands really isn't that much damage. If you position correctly the melee barely take any (if any damage) and each range group basically loses about half of their health. You still would take a decent amount of healers because the hardest part to heal are the debuffs, tanks and the people who are soaking seeker swarms.

The organizational aspect of doing no brands really isn't that difficult. Most guilds are going to have 5 people taking each pillar. It takes 5 people to pop a brand, so it's as easy as just having one person sitting slightly behind the pillar, and everybody else hugging the pillar. Other than that the pros are, like stated less healing, and less organization in regards to putting brands in right places. Using no brands you can kinda hover around the middle.

We tried Tichondrius the 'traditional' way as we didn't even think no brands was an option, and he was the first boss we tried after the first three bosses were dead. When we found out you could just not pop brands on the second week, we tried it for a half a dozen attempts, but reverted back to what we were doing. Once we started popping brands right there was never any danger of people dying, and we just felt like the risk of brands popping in the bat phase wasn't worth it.

You can do it both ways honestly. We just opted to pop brands in the first two phases (popping them in the last phase makes no sense) because it just made bat phases easier. We just found more consistency in killing bats when a third of the raid didn't have to worry about their positioning in the bat phases, we felt it made some people too timid. Not saying not to do it, depends on your raid group. If you can kill a lot of bats and not pop brands in the bat phase, this is probably overall easier to do. Granted, if you can do that you can probably just pop brands as well and deal with it just fine, lol.

TLDR; Doesn't matter, both work. Just don't pop brands in the last phase. Hardest part is keeping seeker people and the tanks up, and doing bat phase (like stated, go ham on the first two sets of bats, don't save your mongoloid AoE for the end when there is 3 seconds until the phase ends lol).

Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    The organizational aspect of doing no brands really isn't that difficult. Most guilds are going to have 5 people taking each pillar. It takes 5 people to pop a brand, so it's as easy as just having one person sitting slightly behind the pillar, and everybody else hugging the pillar.
    The difficult part is in the bat phase. It's doable ofc, but it needs a lot more organization.

@Tojara

How many attempts did Tich take you? Would you consider him a good 1st boss (after first 3) to attempt?

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    It took us like 100 attempts, maybe slightly more or slightly less? It took us 3-4 raid nights I think. Looking back I wouldn't have done him fourth, but realistically, the first week of Mythic progression we wouldn't have killed any boss.

I'd say Botanist was the easiest for us, but looking around at numerous guilds who killed Mythic Helya the same time as us, Botanist was a nightmare for some of those guilds. For reference it took us like 21 pulls to kill Botanist, and we had a 1% wipe on our 8th pull. Some bosses guilds just get, and for us Botanist was a boss everybody in our guild was just good at.

I maintain that Krosus is an absolute trap boss for a lot of guilds. Tichondrius DPS check is a little bit more relaxed. He's not a bad boss to consider fourth or fifth, but it would depend on your tank composition and how good your group is at killing bats. The boss is more about keeping seeker swarm targets alive, tanks alive and killing bats than anything else. If all of those things happen it's basically an easier Krosus DPS check.