Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Seiko Sora View Post
    Can we call Trump a threat to planetary security yet?
    Lol he was a threat to the planet long before this

Quote Originally Posted by Fugus View Post
    I have a few Trump supporters for family and friends.

Most of them believe the right wing bullshit hook, line, and sinker and refuse to accept any facts that contradict the fantasy. Have some of them that drank the koolaid enough to actually believe in Trickle Down Economics too and won't believe any thing I tell them or any facts I give to them and claim that I think I know everything instead.

Even have 2 who are complete snowflakes on the matter who then try to call Democrats and Liberals snowflakes instead. And by snowflake I mean they have gone as far as pure losing their minds and threatening me over facebook because I talked negatively about Trump using facts and the truth.

And they also like using the played out excuse that they don't know the issues or the facts because they "Actually have a job" and are "Too busy working" to have the time to actually read up on the stuff and yet think they know everything on the subjects that matter.

Tried explaining with facts why Trickle Down doesn't work in theory or practice, they claimed I didn't know what I was talking about and they did because they had a job and I am just collecting money from the VA. Which I explained to them that I actually took the time to educate myself on the information and them claiming they know about large scale economics because they work and pay taxes is about like me claiming I know how to rebuild NASCAR engines because I changed oil at JiffyLube before.

Tried to explain how their are regulations that you actually want and they didn't want to acknowledge that and just pretend that they will only repeal the regulations that doesn't hurt them.

And on and on.

For a great deal of them, they don't see their political views as a matter of facts or science, they view it like a sports team or a religion where it doesn't matter what the facts say, doesn't matter what reality says, all that matters is what they feel and what they wish it actually said....
    Yeah I have a similar problem, my cousin is a Trump supporter and all he ever does is post memes made by other people he does not seem to think for himself. Then again it might be one of those stupid things were he thinks hes pissing me off because I am Lib, in reality I not really a liberal I just lean that way and I could careless.

Quote Originally Posted by Toppy View Post
    Well yes the poor have been voting themselves into poverty for generations now. Nothing new.
    Not even that, the big ones aren't poor. They actually make pretty decent but make the mistake of thinking they started from the bottom and worked their way up when they didn't.

One of them actually did illegal shit till he got the connections to land himself a job that starts out paying about $13 an hour on day one and could be trained in a week of on the job training and now makes over a grand a week but says it was because he started at the bottom and worked his way up and how he is skilled labor now. And that plays through with the others too.

Virtually all of them did illegal shit to avoid the job market or had family with the connections to avoid the whole thing anyways with one who joined the military and basically avoided all the issues anyways.

It isn't them being poor and voting themselves into poverty, it is them pretending they worked their way up in ways they haven't and voting against the best interests of their children who probably won't be going that same route they went.
    Last edited by Fugus; 2017-02-22 at 06:17 AM.
    Since we can't call out Trolls and Bad Faith posters and the Ignore function doesn't actually ignore it. Add
    "mmo-champion.com##li.postbitignored"
    to your ublock or adblock filter to actually ignore ignored posters. Now just need a way to ignore responses to them as well.

On the one hand, didn't he say he was going to cut the useless redundant regulations that were just bureaucratic red tape?

On the other hand does it really count as 'news' if you knew this was going to happen?
    If you are particularly bold, you could use a Shiny Ditto. Do keep in mind though, this will infuriate your opponents due to Ditto's beauty. Please do not use Shiny Ditto. You have been warned.

Quote Originally Posted by LilSaihah View Post
    On the one hand, didn't he say he was going to cut the useless redundant regulations that were just bureaucratic red tape?

On the other hand does it really count as 'news' if you knew this was going to happen?
    Preventing dumping coal in water is useless bureaucratic red tape?

10+ Year Old Account
    How have the trumpettes come out to defend this one?
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    We will fix it. We will work on it. We will make it right. Coal is good. Coal is nice. Job. Coal is job. Filters. We force factories to put filters. Filters are great. We force filters. No dust, no dirt, no toxic waste. We will do great things. We will do it.

Trumpy enough?

Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    Preventing dumping coal in water is useless bureaucratic red tape?
    I know, that's the point I was trying to make, sorry. He sold cutting tape, not this.
    If you are particularly bold, you could use a Shiny Ditto. Do keep in mind though, this will infuriate your opponents due to Ditto's beauty. Please do not use Shiny Ditto. You have been warned.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gref View Post
    We will fix it. We will work on it. We will make it right. Coal is good. Coal is nice. Job. Coal is job. Filters. We force factories to put filters. Filters are great. We force filters. No dust, no dirt, no toxic waste. We will do great things. We will do it.

Trumpy enough?
    "force factories to put filters?"

That sounds like filthy communist speak.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by LilSaihah View Post
    I know, that's the point I was trying to make, sorry. He sold cutting tape, not this.
    To corporations EVERYTHING is tape.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bags View Post
    http://www.independent.co.uk/news/wo...-a7584916.html

http://www.csmonitor.com/Environment...am-protections

Is there justification for repealing this? I read that it's critics claim it's redundant to existing laws and that it killed coal jobs. However coal is already being pressured out of the market by energy like natural gas. Is this nothing more than feel good repeal by trump to appear that he's "bringing coal back 100%"? Are coal jobs worth river pollution? Would this repeal have any affect on coal jobs
    The only reason its losing to natural gas is because of onerous regulations enacted by the hippies working for Obama;s EPA which make it more expensive than natural gas, not because natural gas is less expensive to produce or easier to extract

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    They're against regulations. So their only real defense here is they didn't know regulations protected their water from being poisoned.
    Yeah because the majority of the water in the US was all poisoned before Obama became president and had all these new regulations enacted

Obama wanted a war on coal and did everything he could to try and stop the production of it

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    One of em came out and said I shouldn't use water filters because charcoal water filters are a thing so y'know if we just dump a bunch of coal waste in the water it'll purify it! Oh also the EPA comes and shuts down entire mining operations if they spot even a "puddle of water" 50 yds from the mine.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of the mighty moose, polar bears and fika.
    Meanwhile those goddamn climate change hoaxers China are going completely ham on reducing emissions and such.
    And Saudi Arabia that apparently set to spend 50 billion on more renewable energy.

Good job US, you're backtracking while the nations you call backwards are running forward.

Is this how the GOP operates? Deregulate, downplay negative effects on environment, only present the "booming economic effects" as a result, then when the Dems are forced to fix this ticking environmental bomb again, they cry out how Dems hate midwest workers?

I mean it's nowhere as simple, but sometimes GOP and DNC feels like 'the reckless' and' the proper' in a sad sitcom, and while the latter fixes the shit of the former, at the end of the day, 'the reckless' claims he won.
    Last edited by MasterHamster; 2017-02-22 at 03:00 PM.
    Active WoW player Jan 2006 - Aug 2020
    Occasional WoW Classic Andy since.
    Nothing lasts forever, as they say.
    But at least I can casually play Classic and remember when MMORPGs were good.

10+ Year Old Account
    Soon, all of you peasants will be drinking Flint water.
    You're getting exactly what you deserve.

Soon the Trump koolaid will come in coal flavored greatness.

At least people will have their jobs back . . . oh automation you say? Hmmm, lemme finish this tall glass of coal milk and I'll look into it.

Herald of the Titans Pterodactylus's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Algy View Post
    I feel bad for the poor door to door milk delivery men. We need to work to bring their jobs back asap!
    Don't forget the lamplighters! And I would like to see the wooden sailing vessels begin sending ice to the caribbean again! Bring back the ice jobs! #MAGA

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    The only reason its losing to natural gas is because of onerous regulations enacted by the hippies working for Obama;s EPA which make it more expensive than natural gas, not because natural gas is less expensive to produce or easier to extract
    Ignorance is truly bliss.
    “You know, it really doesn’t matter what the media write as long as you’ve got a young, and beautiful, piece of ass." - President Donald Trump

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pterodactylus View Post
    Ignorance is truly bliss.
    Then why do the ignorant always seem so mad?
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

Doing what he promised, I guess. We'll reap the dubious benefits, and hopefully learn sooner than later this was a bad idea.
    F2P: If you don't think it's worth my money, I don't think it's worth my time.

Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    It also took a fertilizer plant exploding

but examples of companies being shitty
    I see what you did
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

This is more about states rights than anything else. Democrats don't believe in the existence of federal overreach.
    Last edited by Barnabas; 2017-02-22 at 04:16 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Barnabas View Post
    This is more about states rights than anything else.
    Rivers and water-tables go beyond the purview of states' rights.
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    There is a problem, but I know just banning guns will fix the problem.