Poll: What do you think?

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Ideas how to "fix" legendaries

We all know that legendary system is bad. Too much RNG for such a difference in performance is ridiculous, so I've come with two ideas:

1.Tokens.
    What about tokens that you can change to whatever legendary you want?
    Like we were doing that before with tier tokens.
    You get the token -> you go to the Dalaran where is the legendary Vendor -> you change your token to whatever legendary you want.

2. Changeable legendaries.
    You don't like your legendary? You can just sell it and buy a new one in the legendary vendor.
    In before questions like "are people going to change legendaries like gloves?!" - No.
    Whenever you sell a legendary you get a token(in this idea - tokens don't drop, only legendary item, you have to sell it to get one token), and then you buy a new legendary with it... and 50/100(random numbers) of Bloods of Sargeras.

What do you think?
    Last edited by Eazy; 2017-02-23 at 10:22 AM.

Deleted
    How about just delete all DPS Legendarys.

Most, if not all of the legendaries have lore tied to them. Why not make a lore-centric scenario for each one where when you complete the scenario, you get the corresponding legendary. Being able to do these would be available from the Class Order Halls and after successfully completing one, you have to wait a cool-down period before the next. Tie in an achievement for each for some flare. This way you get some story/lore, content, choice of what one you get, and achievements for those who like to collect them.

Deleted
    the problem is not how to fix them but their willingness to do so.
    i can think 10+ ways how to fix, from back of the head.. and while formulating i probably can think even more...

Quote Originally Posted by BlackGoldShooter View Post
    Most, if not all of the legendaries have lore tied to them. Why not make a lore-centric scenario for each one where when you complete the scenario, you get the corresponding legendary. Being able to do these would be available from the Class Order Halls and after successfully completing one, you have to wait a cool-down period before the next. Tie in an achievement for each for some flare. This way you get some story/lore, content, choice of what one you get, and achievements for those who like to collect them.
    As much as I like this idea, it just ain't realistic for them to put that much work into an already implemented feature. This should have been the implementation from release for it to work.

Quote Originally Posted by InTeNsO View Post
    This all the way.

I actually really like legendaries as over-inflated statsticks with utility. The DPS increase is the fact that they're stronger than the strongest raid gear, and that's enough. Stuff like Prydaz, Norgannon's, Aggramar's, this should be all legendaries. If it was, legendaries would actually be really cool.

The rotational changing and increasing legendaries are simply frustrating, especially if you play a spec that really relies on one.

But to avoid going offtopic too far...

OP, the idea of 100-200 blood of sargeras (or a new currency entirely perhaps) allowing you to "trade in" a legendary is a pretty good idea.

Easy -

1. Divide legendary items into two categories - utility and dps.
    Each one has a (1) equipped.
    Have a class hall feature (the one that currently allows 2 legendaries to be equipped) to allow you to research (aka toggle) which legendaries you are currently hunting.

2. Allow the luck coins to be used if you wish to advance your 'legendary luck protection' by some amount, instead of on normal gear rolls.

3. Balance all DPS legendaries around not being legendary, rather just the same way trinket procs are done.

4. Make Utility legendaries extraordinary - and LEGENDARY each one doing something that no other game mechanic allows.
    e.g. a mage utility legendary may make polymorph spread to adjoining targets.

5. Keep legendaries out of PvP, unless PvP starts rewarding PvP specific legendaries. I suspect this is pretty much the case.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    1.Tokens.
    2. Sellable legendaries.
    What do you think?
    Both of those ideas go against the whole concept of the system, which at its core isn't too bad.

However - in lieu of a token, I think you should be able to trade TWO legendaries in via a quest for a specific one of your choosing (you choose which quest based on which specific legendary you want).

Sellable - that's just ludicrous.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

They are fine as it is. Just buff shit ones a bit and tone down really op ones.

I mean why stop with legendaries then hell i want to chose loot from every boss...let all bosses drop tokens and you just go to vendor and chose whichever loot you want, oh and 1k gold to make it titanforged.
    Last edited by Desparil; 2017-02-23 at 10:18 AM.

The way to fix legendaries is make them all utility. No performance increasing ones.
    If what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger. Then I should be a god by now.

That would fix the RNG/unbalance problem. But people who already have bis legendaries would feel penaltized.

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    Sellable - that's just ludicrous.
    Why? I didn't mean sellable like for gold, but for tokens, you could just change them. Something like you wrote:
    Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    However - in lieu of a token, I think you should be able to trade TWO legendaries in via a quest for a specific one of your choosing (you choose which quest based on which specific legendary you want).
    But instead of two legendaries, you could change the one legendary you don't want + 50/100 BoS for the one you want.
    (changed the name from sellable to changeable so people won't be mistaken)
    Last edited by Eazy; 2017-02-23 at 10:23 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    We all know that legendary system is bad. Too much RNG for such a difference in performance is ridiculous, so I've come with two ideas:

1.Tokens.
    What about tokens that you can change to whatever legendary you want?
    Like we were doing that before with tier tokens.
    You get the token -> you go to the Dalaran where is the legendary Vendor -> you change your token to whatever legendary you want.

2. Changeable legendaries.
    You don't like your legendary? You can just sell it and buy a new one in the legendary vendor.
    In before questions like "are people going to change legendaries like gloves?!" - No.
    Whenever you sell a legendary you get a token(in this idea - tokens don't drop, only legendary item, you have to sell it to get one token), and then you buy a new legendary with it... and 50/100(random numbers) of Bloods of Sargeras.

What do you think?
    I can't vote for half of your idea, sadly.

I like the idea of the token. You get a token, change it in for some legendary loot. That is it. There shouldn't be a possibility to change them, farm for more tokens.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Why? I didn't mean sellable like for gold, but for tokens, you could just change them. Something like you wrote:
    As long as you can't sell them to other players - then selling them for tokens to earn a specific one is fine.

But instead of two legendaries, you could change the one legendary you don't want
    Nope - any system letting to pick each legendary is flawed. Trading 2 for one is flawed - just not as badly.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

10+ Year Old Account
    Okay okay okay. This expansion has been going on for a while now and I've seen a ton of threads about Legendaries. None of them positive. "How to fix Legendaries, What went wrong with Legendaries, ETC." But aren't we missing the point? Blizzard designed Legion so you don't NEED the Legendaries. You play the game well at any level without them, and when/if you get them it's a nice surprise.

Legendaries should have been extremely rare, like maybe 0.2% of people could expect finding one during the whole expansion. But Blizzard decided to make them rain so everyone feels entitled to have at least 2 or 3, which created a lot of problems.

It can't be fixed at this stage.

One thing that would go a long way would be getting rid of spec-specific legendaries. There is absolutely no good reason why there's 3 pairs of rogue boots, 4 pairs of druid boots etc. They should switch based on your spec, like tier sets.
    Another thing would be to either massively trim down the number of legendaries or allow some kind of targetting, because there's way too many trash legendaries bloating the loot table(although they seem to be buffing some of them, which might help a little bit, but the pool is still too big)
    Then there's the extreme solution that I'd prefer, which is straight up getting rid of them and just do more Karazhan-esque items, where they have a special effect but aren't ridiculously rare. Would also mean they could stop wasting potential set bonuses on legendaries, which has ended up with a bunch of pretty disappointing actual set bonuses.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Just to point out, they have potentially added a major fix. They're adding tokens similar to that in Tanaan Jungle which can yield legendary items, so you could effectively farm a slot if they have the same system of being able to buy certain slots.

The point of legendaries have changed but also haven't. People seem to forget that now you can farm legendaries - 6 of them, that's only 4 shy of what's given out now. 2 of them including Warglaives and the Bow were RNG drops and I recall many people farming them for months if not years because of the drop rate. It's nothing new, they are just instead of giving one class a legendary at a time, it's everyone. The balance is off but you can't expect it to be perfected.

Leaving us with boring utility legendaries that do not even give a cool effect or alter our playstyle? No thanks.

The current Legendary system is a mess, but that would only make it worse.

Now is too late, they should have never existed.
    Now delete them would bring another big issue, balance.
    Most of the classes are balanced around them and without that leg they are let's say not good to be nice. So just implement a trade leg npc were we could swap them once.
    For example you got a shitty head for hunter, you would go and change for the belt and that one could not be traded anymore. Or we would see ppl just swapping leg for every fight or dungeon and would be worst.
    So i will use 2 good ideas that were given. The token and cenario. You would get a token from a drop like any leg today, you would go to the NPC guy pick the leg you wanted and would take you to a scenario and in the end you would get it, like the artifacts.
    If you have some alredy those would be tradeable 1 time only for a token for the leg you want.
    It would be nice because we could pick the one we want and have some lore into it.

Quote Originally Posted by Evangeliste View Post
    Just to point out, they have potentially added a major fix. They're adding tokens similar to that in Tanaan Jungle which can yield legendary items, so you could effectively farm a slot if they have the same system of being able to buy certain slots.

The point of legendaries have changed but also haven't. People seem to forget that now you can farm legendaries - 6 of them, that's only 4 shy of what's given out now. 2 of them including Warglaives and the Bow were RNG drops and I recall many people farming them for months if not years because of the drop rate. It's nothing new, they are just instead of giving one class a legendary at a time, it's everyone. The balance is off but you can't expect it to be perfected.
    You can't farm legendaries, at least not in any kind of targetted way like you're suggesting. The tokens are just like the Tanaan ones, normal items. The "can give a legendary" is just because everything in Legion is meant to be able to give legendaries, it's not the ability to target legendaries.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Deleted
    Return them to the pre MoP state.