Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheEaterofSouls View Post
    Am I the only one who seems to notice that the community on this website tends to be pretty hostile compared to other wow sites? I notice a fair amount seem to act smug or aggravated, alot more than other sites. Most common is posters derailing threads or generally being trolly. Could it be due to the nature of WoW as a game attracting people like this? I've been on this site for 7 years, and it's tough finding someone nice. Anyone else notice this?
    Oh the irony.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bakis View Post
    With the polarization of US politics OT sure took a turn to the worse the past years.
    Pretty much this and moderation has no interest in addressing it so you're left with a cesspool. I do think this is a common trend everywhere that's US centric

Quote Originally Posted by Bakis View Post
    With the polarization of US politics OT sure took a turn to the worse the past years.
    amen to that.

it's like it's become a battleground for the souls of young men leading up to WWIII - tbh, gaming forums are probably one of the best places to sow propaganda.
    <insert witty signature here>

10+ Year Old Account
    In my opinion, we don't have that many I would label as hostile. We have more trolls or those that are "playing a character", as some have put it, and they manage to annoy people every now and then.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TUNISIA- View Post
    Me for exemple i cant do that cuz i like to see some troll
    Hehe, your choice. I rather not and the ignore list is quick and easy to use.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    Hehe, your choice. I rather not and the ignore list is quick and easy to use.
    But without those trolls who can made my day haha

Deleted
    because the majority of people here are just basement dwellers they do not have informed opinions. they have no ejewcation.

Quote Originally Posted by TheEaterofSouls View Post
    Am I the only one who seems to notice that the community on this website tends to be pretty hostile compared to other wow sites? I notice a fair amount seem to act smug or aggravated, alot more than other sites. Most common is posters derailing threads or generally being trolly. Could it be due to the nature of WoW as a game attracting people like this? I've been on this site for 7 years, and it's tough finding someone nice. Anyone else notice this?
    Well, any forum full of extremist (regardless of left or right) tend to be more hostile and violent, and MMO champ has full of extreme leftist, at least in GoT. It's probably more to do with we have posters from other countries than anything else. The biggest problem is, the extreme right tend to get silence faster while the extreme left, they tend to go uncheck.
    Last edited by zenkai; 2017-02-23 at 03:22 PM.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TUNISIA- View Post
    But without those trolls who can made my day haha
    Just a example of different strokes for different people. What one thinks is art, I may find as trash. Same for movies, music, humor, etc. I do get a lot of entertainment here, that much i do admit. Esp. since Trump was elected.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    Well, any forum full of extremist (regardless of left or right) tend to be more hostile and violent, and MMO champ has full of extreme leftist, at least in GoT. It's probably more to do with we have posters from other countries than anything else.
    Everything is a leftist if going by the US ruler, the entire world bar one single country.
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

I don't post on other wow forums, but gamer forums are always most hostile due to the nature of the majority of those posting.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    Just a example of different strokes for different people. What one thinks is art, I may find as trash. Same for movies, music, humor, etc. I do get a lot of entertainment here, that much i do admit. Esp. since Trump was elected.
    Haha after trump was elected this can be considered like the new era if trolling

Elemental Lord Lady Dragonheart's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Amongst the Wilds, or in my Garrison... >.>
    Most gamer forums tend to be generally hostile. However, over recent years MMO-C has gotten worse in this regard, most likely because of all the political strife in the western world.
    I am both the Lady of Dusk, Vheliana Nightwing & Dark Priestess of Lust, Loreleî Legace!
    ~~ ~~
    <3 ~ I am also the ever-enticing leader of <The Coven of Dusk Desires> on Moon Guard!

Every forum is more hostile than every forum...

It's due to the relatively low average age of the WoW players - 23. Any ideas that you absorb in your early 20's tend to taken to extremes because you don't have that much life experience.
    Remember kiddies, hope was the last evil in Pandora's box.

Well, its definitely gotten more hostile over tbe last 2 years for sure

10+ Year Old Account
    I started on this forum after leaving IGN's. A dude followed me around threatening to kill me. Was annoying and pretty bizarre... so, no... this is very tame...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    OT can be tough, but it's actually a really excellent forum with some really smart and interesting people, Putinbots aside. And yes anything involving Trump and/or Russia turns into a fucking war.

I can't comment about the gaming side of the forums, because outside of raiding, WoW ain't all that interesting.
    There used to be a user names Diurdi who would get into economic discussions with Wells and those threads were a goldmine of information.

People have changed here. Most are much more aggressive now and it's because of what's going on in the world.

Bias by the truck loads. Group A feels victimized and gets hostile, group B feels vindicated and gets hostile.
    I'm the root of all that is evil, yeah, but you can call me cookie.