Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Yeah, but he also implies that it's an issue caused by people covering it with their hand, which makes it sound like people are playing Zelda without using the holster.

Hence, I would like to know if the holster impedes this just as much, or if the holster happens to have a better connection, although it looks like the holster can just tell the batter life for you, might not do much more than that.
    Thats not a valid excuse when one of the selling points to the consumer in the trailer is "you prop out the stand, slide them out and play whereever". Its like going from 3DS's seamlessly talking via streetpass back to the gameboy colour days of "they can connect wirelessly IF you lay them down, point them right at the reciever and dont break contact for a second".

This is meant to be modern hardware releasing in 2017, planning around hardware faults before its even released is being far too kind. This is not good guy nintendo taking one for the team, this is a corporate product with glaring flaws.

and lets be honest here, a good portion of this is brand loyalty. Were this someone other than Nintendo this would not be getting such a bizaare free pass from people paying in this day and age for controllers with flaws that should never have passed R&D to be okayed for a final retail build.

Yeah, but he also implies that it's an issue caused by people covering it with their hand, which makes it sound like people are playing Zelda without using the holster.

Hence, I would like to know if the holster impedes this just as much, or if the holster happens to have a better connection, although it looks like the holster can just tell the batter life for you, might not do much more than that.
    It's just an easy way to show the "desync". It's more likely other people are just, say, about 12 feet away from the Switch.
    Girls are a hoax created by the Japanese anime industry to scam otaku out of their money.

Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    Thats not a valid excuse when one of the selling points to the consumer in the trailer is "you prop out the stand, slide them out and play whereever". Its like going from 3DS's seamlessly talking via streetpass back to the gameboy colour days of "they can connect wirelessly IF you lay them down, point them right at the reciever and dont break contact for a second".

This is meant to be modern hardware releasing in 2017, planning around hardware faults before its even released is being far too kind. This is not good guy nintendo taking one for the team, this is a corporate product with glaring flaws.

and lets be honest here, a good portion of this is brand loyalty. Were this someone other than Nintendo this would not be getting such a bizaare free pass from people paying in this day and age for controllers with flaws that should never have passed R&D to be okayed for a final retail build.
    I'm not sure how you read that as an excuse, I'm asking a question. I want to know how this affects the holster, because that's what I'm concerned about.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Truhan View Post
    It's just an easy way to show the "desync". It's more likely other people are just, say, about 12 feet away from the Switch.
    I'm just hoping the holster doesn't affect that. I imagine it wouldn't because that would be suicide for Nintendo if it did.

I'm not sure how you read that as an excuse, I'm asking a question. I want to know how this affects the holster, because that's what I'm concerned about.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm just hoping the holster doesn't affect that. I imagine it wouldn't because that would be suicide for Nintendo if it did.
    im not saying you are excusing it, i'm saying this is beyond anti consumer, this is design incompetence that should never have made final retail so to see people not having an issue with whats meant to be modern hardware behaving like consumer electronics from decades ago is staggering lenience.

how many times are you more than 10 feet from your console?
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

- - - Updated - - -

You mean like how the RRoD was suicide for MS? Systems basically dying is worse than this. If it is just a signal issue it can be fixed with a system patch.

Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    I swear every new day there is more bad news about this console. I want to like it but holy shit this is looking like a bomb in the making. I know the "its okay when nintendo does it" crowd will swallow anything nintendo puts out but this is looking like its going to be a hot mess that will have Iwata rolling in his grave.
    Nothing important, really. If it suddenly wasn't portable anymore, that would be different.
    Mother pus bucket!

Switch tempered glass screen protectors are up for preorder on Amazon. $10 for a two pack, FREE SHIPPING. PERIOD. You DO NOT have to spend a certain amount of money to get the free shipping. The downside is that it takes 20+ days to get delivered and there appears to be no other shipping options.

Girls are a hoax created by the Japanese anime industry to scam otaku out of their money.

Quote Originally Posted by Truhan View Post
    Switch tempered glass screen protectors are up for preorder on Amazon. $10 for a two pack, FREE SHIPPING. PERIOD. You DO NOT have to spend a certain amount of money to get the free shipping. The downside is that it takes 20+ days to get delivered and there appears to be no other shipping options.

ok but you could literally walk into any other store and get one for the same price when you buy your switch so wut?
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    ok but you could literally walk into any other store and get one for the same price when you buy your switch so wut?
    No sales tax either.

Say it with me: Never trust anybody who wants your money.
    This console is yet another Nintendo gimmick, but they've already used their Virtual Console hail Mary with the 3DS.
    It became clear that it wasn’t realistic to try to get the audience back to being more hardcore, as it had been in the past. -- Tom Chilton

Quote Originally Posted by Blayze View Post
    Say it with me: Never trust anybody who wants your money.
    This console is yet another Nintendo gimmick, but they've already used their Virtual Console hail Mary with the 3DS.
    what? the vc on 3ds was shitty. there were no gba or ds games, almost no snes games, no n64 games. nothing but a few nes and gb games
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    what? the vc on 3ds was shitty. there were no gba or ds games, almost no snes games, no n64 games. nothing but a few nes and gb games
    And the SNES was New 3DS exclusive.

And the SNES was New 3DS exclusive.
    Amusing, considering the fucking GBA was capable of emulating SNES games.

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    how many times are you more than 10 feet from your console?
    If I sit on my couch and not in the chair I have in the middle of the room.....

All day every day, I sit as close I do because my eyesight is shit and I can't see a dam thing on my tv that far away. At lease I can't read small text anyway.

This isn't something you can make a excuse for, Its a major design flaw and hurts the go anywhere/mobile aspect to the system.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by SirBeef View Post
    You mean like how the RRoD was suicide for MS? Systems basically dying is worse than this. If it is just a signal issue it can be fixed with a system patch.
    Ummm no it likely can't be fixed with a systems patch, its likely a hardware issue.

Even if it could be fixed with a systems patch, Its still a major day 1 flaw that should NOT be there at all.

Its the fucken wii-u pad all over again.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    And this has anything to do with what?

- - - Updated - - -

More news
    http://www.gamespot.com/articles/the...GSS-05-10aaa0b

Its safe to say if it was the remastered version the XB1/PS4 got they would say so. Also comparing what we have seen for The Switch and the remastered versions shows a clear difference.

I guess we will find out more later this year.
    Possible that he really doesn't know if they can make it work, or if they have to scale it back closer to last gen systems. Still telling about the power either way. Its no Xbox one which most people knew. I had hoped it would be close, but seems its a middle-ground in between.

- - - Updated - - -

That's such a great Switch selling point.

"Sorry guys no VC yet, Just play on your old system. But remember to spend $300+$60+tax to buy our new system and the one launch game worth getting"

VC could have at lease holded the system over for a bit.
    You cant really defend this. They should have had VC on day one, but it still probably doesn't matter as long as they have it by the end of month two. Most people buying one in the first 2 months are hardcore Nintendo fans, and while they will be bummed, they wont stop buying Nintendo products because of it. Nintendo knows this. They know they have time. Still should have been there...

Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    You cant really defend this. They should have had VC on day one, but it still probably doesn't matter as long as they have it by the end of month two. Most people buying one in the first 2 months are hardcore Nintendo fans, and while they will be bummed, they wont stop buying Nintendo products because of it. Nintendo knows this. They know they have time. Still should have been there...
    Personally I don't think they are going to roll it out until they can start charging for the online.

That's just my opinion and from a business standpoint it would make sense.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Which they didn't because they lack mental capacity to breath on their own.

The sad truth is MM combined on 3DS/Wii U will probably sell more lifetime units the BOTW will on the Switch. Zelda has and never will be a massive seller, even when it was a launch game on the Wii TP didn't even manage to be a top 5 seller on the Wii(and I'm not counting Wii Sports either).

Zelda is just a core gamer thing, it has never been some huge IP to the masses.
    I mean you cant say that. Oblivion sold what 6-8m in its first couple years, and then Skyrim sells 20m in its first 2.5. Games can blow up unexpectedly. Id even argue Oblivion was a better game. I think it was all in the marketing, and BoTW is probably the most hyped Zelda ever for the masses. Id guess 10m sales in first year.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Poppincaps View Post
    It's probably a mix of the two if I had to guess. So it's likely hard for them to explain exactly what the game is because they're taking bits and pieces from both versions.
    Its going to be Skyrim PC Ultra with a bit more added. In between 360 and Xbox one versions, but leaning closer to modern consoles.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by johnhoftb View Post
    https://mobile.twitter.com/nintendea...98157426937856

The Switch will do a full save when it is close to the battery running out.

- - - Updated - - -

According to one NeoGAF user, the Pro Controller will connect to a PC when plugged into it.

- - - Updated - - -

http://www.melty.fr/nintendo-switch-...s-a592119.html

Nintendo France says there will be no Bluetooth headset support.
    1. is neat.
    2. is dumb.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Blayze View Post
    A nice secluded area away from civilisation, with only one person present guaranteed to know how to fight and a bunch of people who've turned overreacting to minor life events into a job.

It's a perfect storm.
    Someone ought to raid them to steal the hardware.
    You try to rip it away from John Cena. Tell me how that goes for you.

Personally I don't think they are going to roll it out until they can start charging for the online.

That's just my opinion and from a business standpoint it would make sense.
    So... you're thinking you can't buy VC titles without paying for the online service? That would make no sense at all, online is for playing online multiplayer not for buying other stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by everydaygamer View Post
    So... you're thinking you can't buy VC titles without paying for the online service? That would make no sense at all, online is for playing online multiplayer not for buying other stuff.
    Except for the part where they clearly said 1 VC free rental a month is part of said paid online service.