Poll: Your hopes for Legion after the Q&A?

Your hopes for Legion after the Q&A?

Game Director Ion Hazzikostas recently had another Q&A session answering some questions about the current state of Legion.
    https://www.twitch.tv/videos/124199873 (from the front page)

After watching the Q&A, I have to say that my confidence and hopes in Blizzard and Legion has certainly diminished. It seemed more like a soapbox for them to justify their decisions rather than engaging with the real concerns the playerbase has with Legion. I don't see the status quo for any of the many core issues changing for this expansion.
    Last edited by styil; 2017-02-24 at 04:15 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by styil View Post
    After watching the Q&A, I have to say that my confidence and hopes in Blizzard and Legion has certainly diminished. It seemed more like a soapbox for them to justify their decisions rather than engaging with the real concerns the playerbase has with Legion. I don't see the status quo for any of the many core issues changing for this expansion.
    Big fucking surprise here. Explaining decisions--you know, communicating what they're thinking--is a bad thing. Unless of course they are being silent. The core issue is that you either don't like the game or don't care and won't shut up about it. You're not alone. But you aren't fooling anyone.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Deleted
    Oh boy another styil thread.

My opinion on Legion hasn't changed at all after the Q&A because I don't read super deep into what's been said and make kneejerk reactionary threads.

Questions were asked. They gave answers. If you want to call that a soapbox, by all means...

I was annoyed by a lot of what was said, but expecting a games dev that's providing a service to millions to cater to your tastes is dumb.

I enjoy Legion quite a lot, class design and pvp could be better, but everything else is quite fine, cuz I play this game they way I want it, I raid from time to time, I run M+ from time to time, I do WQs from time to time, etc... If I don't feel like doing any of that, I simply don't do anything

I also like when devs tell certain groups of players to GTFO, talking about his answers to "being FORCE to stay competitive" questions
    Last edited by ls-; 2017-02-24 at 04:55 AM.

I get about as much out of those interviews as I get out of tossing a bowl of salad. With that being said, I'm still as hopeful as I was before.

My hopes are the same. Hoping to god 7.2 will make Legion a great expansion....and I am getting more and more convinced it will. More class order hall quests, more artifact quests, Tomb of Sargeras zone and raid, legion invasions coming back, more artifact appearances, class mounts, crafted legendary's and more.

It is an INSANE amount of content, we have not had a patch this big in a long time. I think Legion is merely a "good" expansion right now, not great. The Q&A didn't give me cause to concern about anything, really.

Q&A was a massive 'fuck you' to hardcore players. We don't want much, just a point where we can cap out characters our in a reasonable amount of time so we can progress on mythic raiding. That's it. Instead, we get an even bigger and longer grind. Legionfall offers as big or bigger rewards than the paragon points did to some classes, and the impact from it will be just as large in 7.3 and beyond as paragon points are in NH.

I unsubbed last week, I don't expect to return.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowman 747 View Post
    Q&A was a massive 'fuck you' to hardcore players. We don't want much, just a point where we can cap out characters our in a reasonable amount of time so we can progress on mythic raiding. That's it. Instead, we get an even bigger and longer grind. Legionfall offers as big or bigger rewards than the paragon points did to some classes, and the impact from it will be just as large in 7.3 and beyond as paragon points are in NH.

Thats not true though 50 ranks of Legionfall is at most a 7% DPS increase. HALF of what the paragon traits are.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Siglius View Post
    Thats not true though 50 ranks of Legionfall is at most a 7% DPS increase. HALF of what the paragon traits are.
    Whereas it should have been perhaps;
    Rank1 - 1% Leech
    Rank2 - 1% Avoidance
    Rank3 - 1% Speed
    Rank4 - 1% HP
    Rank5 - 1% Leech (total 2%)

etc

Everyone I know likes Legion overall so I don't think anyone is that concerned.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowman 747 View Post

If you haven't figured it out yet, the goal is not for you to be able to finish for a long amount of time. And no, a couple of weeks of grinding is not a long time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where is option. "I don't care?" I missed it here.

If i wasn't done with Legion before then this surely did it. A sinking ship will keep sinking not resurface, this is obviously the case for this franchise. el oh el what interview?

Deleted
    I don't base my opinions of a game on some dev interviews, I base them on the actual game and so far I'm not disappointed with legion. Sure there are issues with legendaries and some class design, but overall it's one of their better expansions.

Maybe I enjoy the game more because I don't care about high end raiding performance, have self-control and know how to pace myself, unlike so many people on here.

Quote Originally Posted by DesoPL View Post
    Where is option. "I don't care?" I missed it here.
    That option is where you don't open a thread you don't care about, let alone reply to it.