Page 1 of 5
... LastLast
    Deleted

The Worst Experience of Legion [Legendary]

This is sort of a 'is anyone else out there feeling as bad as me?' post.

I feel so demotivated right now. I am currently in 7/10 Mythic guild, and I believe I have some of the worst legendaries possible.

(Quick stats because people always love this to validate moaning, 500 M+, 110M AP Earnt, 614 Boss Kills on LFR/N/HC/M)

7.0/7.1:
    Loramus Thalipedes' Sacrifice
    Sephuz's Secret
    Achor, the Eternal Hunger
    Raddon's Cascading Eyes

7.1.5:
    Kil'jaeden's Burning Wish
    Mo'arg Bionic Stabilizers (Good in .0, useless when I obtained)

I at this point feel truly demotivated with the game. The other DH in my guild has Belt/Ring and I am completely handicapped.

There are seven guilds at 7/10M+ on my realm, I am one of two DH without the Ring (out of 15 of us), the majority having Ring+Belt/Ring+Shoulders.

I'm currently running Sephuz+KJBW, but just feel so utterly cucked when I put myself into sims and see myself 7-10% beneath any of those other Demon Hunters.
    Last edited by mmoc89ec62a408; 2017-02-24 at 09:55 AM.

As someone with 3 110's and none of them with any BiS legendaries and considering myself just as much of a no-lifer as you: Yeah i feel bad for you (us).

Thankfully there is a blue post just recently where we lore said we can buy them with invasion tokens. So in 7.2 it will be a grind with at least an end in sight (i think)

I got raddons sephuz loramus and blur chest.. YAY well raddons is good for m+

and with blur chest I can stay all the time on ticho or guldan but thats two fights:/

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by notawizard View Post
    As someone with 3 110's and none of them with any BiS legendaries and considering myself just as much of a no-lifer as you: Yeah i feel bad for you (us).

Thankfully there is a blue post just recently where we lore said we can buy them with invasion tokens. So in 7.2 it will be a grind with at least an end in sight (i think)
    But the tokens are luck (whether they give you a legendary) and considering my legion luck thus far, gonna be a lot of tokens!

It's also disheartening that I've spent so much time thus far trying to 'fix' my character while others have got lucky, and now I have to put in MORE time that they don't.

I've always wondered what a different experience / feeling Legion would have had with different legendaries.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lostprophet View Post
    I got raddons sephuz loramus and blur chest.. YAY well raddons is good for m+
    It's good some weeks, others not so much, and it also hugely depends on your tank pulling to accommodate your legendary.

Deleted
    you re unlucky bro :/

i have 6leg like you

1st : achor
    2nd : cindaria
    3rd: ring of giants
    4: sephuz
    5: the shoulders
    6: prydaz

i hope take the trinket

it's only farming , again and again and again....

Deleted
    8/10 mythic raider here, even though I'm in a slightly better situation than you, we are not so different. Right now I have 5 legendaries which are (in obtaining order) :

1- Mo'arg
    2- Cinidaria
    3- Raddon's
    4- Sephuz
    5- Kil'jaeden's

We have 2 other DHs in our guild, one with the exact same legendaries with me and the other one with bis ring + trinket. While it is mathematically impossible to beat a DH with ring (given that your gear levels are almost equal obviously), sometimes I can do so, with the help of rng. That is, if I can get like 60% crit on chaos strike and annihilation he gets really shitty rng then there is a possibility that I will out dps him. But even then, it's mostly not possible. And yes, it really sucks to know that somebody with either equal or less skill level is simply outdpsing you just because he was lucky enough to get that bis ring.

For most people it doesn't matter, because they have much more important problems than having bad legendaries. But for me, who is a raider that is playing in top 100, it does matter. Yes, it's not like I'm benched for not having the bis legendary because I was there for all the first kills but it just simply sucks knowing that no matter how good and flawless you play you will not get that top 10 ranking or outdps that other DH in your guild because he was simply luckier than you.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    I do.

1. Sephuz
    2. Cinidaria
    3. Achor
    4. Bracers ; 1 Week before Bloodlet became useless so couldn't even enjoy this awesome item
    5. Shoulders
    6. Loramus

At least I have Belt and Shoulders otherwise I would have been so, so demoralized. On the plus side, since I do not do Mythics this expansion (lots of free time but can't raid on schedule), it is less demoralizing than in your case.

Worst part for me is that I've been planning to switch to Vengeance the moment I got Anger for such a long time but this is not an option right now. This is with 378 M+ dungeons done in total and 880M AP.

After getting Loramus, I've pretty much stopped doing anything but my weekly raids and a weekly 15; there is just no point anymore.
    Last edited by Littlepwny; 2017-02-24 at 01:34 PM.

Same, everybody here seems to have the ring, except me.
    A scrub friend made an alt DH and got the ring after a few mythic+. I farm those every day and stiill no ring or shoulders

loving the system so far, :kappa:

Deleted
    I'd just like Ring+Belt or Ring+Shoulders, sigh.

Well it beats sitting in your garrison with nothing to do

And here i am with my two legendary rings,and that's it :P

Wish i could tell you I feel your pain, but i'd be lying.
    I got the ring as my 4th some months ago and the belt was my first one a week or so into 7.1.5 i think.
    I also got 3 legos in 3 consecutive days that i posted in another thread.

My legendary list:
    Vengeance:
    Archimonde tank trinket
    Tanking boots Shoulders

Havoc:
    Anger of the half giants
    Cinidaria belt
    Kiljaeden trinket
    Fel rush boots
    Raddons meme beam helm
    Achor blur heal chest

Ideally I'd want the havoc shoulders and I'll have all the good dps legendaries. The fel rush boots should've been a tanking one. But I got distracted and opened emissary before changing loot spec. But also didn't really cross my mind cuz i got a legendary the night before.
    As for the 9th one. I changed spec to vengeance at the end of a higher M+ and yelled out to my brother Legendary in here for me I'm calling it. queue nerd scream
    We are both chasing leggo number 10. Race is on.

I dont know where to pull up to date M+ runs and boss kills from. I don't raid mythic at all. Just pug whatever raids i can get into.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by squirtlesquad View Post
    Wish i could tell you I feel your pain, but i'd be lying.
    I got the ring as my 4th some months ago and the belt was my first one a week or so into 7.1.5 i think.
    I also got 3 legos in 3 consecutive days that i posted in another thread.

My legendary list:
    Vengeance:
    Archimonde tank trinket
    Tanking boots Shoulders

Havoc:
    Anger of the half giants
    Cinidaria belt
    Kiljaeden trinket
    Fel rush boots
    Raddons meme beam helm
    Achor blur heal chest

Ideally I'd want the havoc shoulders and I'll have all the good dps legendaries. The fel rush boots should've been a tanking one. But I got distracted and opened emissary before changing loot spec. But also didn't really cross my mind cuz i got a legendary the night before.
    As for the 9th one. I changed spec to vengeance at the end of a higher M+ and yelled out to my brother Legendary in here for me I'm calling it. queue nerd scream
    We are both chasing leggo number 10. Race is on.

I dont know where to pull up to date M+ runs and boss kills from. I don't raid mythic at all. Just pug whatever raids i can get into.
    To be honest with you, when you said that you got 3 legendaries in 3 consecutive days, and those being the 7th 8th and 9th legendaries I thought you were just trolling. But man... I have seen lucky people before, but you are probably the luckiest person I have yet to see about this legendary rng. Seriously, what are the odds of getting 7th 8th and 9th legendaries in 3 consecutive days? I'm speechless, but still gratz. Your guildies and friends must've been shocked.

What have you been doing in the last 3 days mostly? Spamming m+?

Quote Originally Posted by Zyalo View Post
    This is sort of a 'is anyone else out there feeling as bad as me?' post.

I feel so demotivated right now. I am currently in 7/10 Mythic guild, and I believe I have some of the worst legendaries possible.

(Quick stats because people always love this to validate moaning, 500 M+, 110M AP Earnt, 614 Boss Kills on LFR/N/HC/M)

7.0/7.1:
    Loramus Thalipedes' Sacrifice
    Sephuz's Secret
    Achor, the Eternal Hunger
    Raddon's Cascading Eyes

7.1.5:
    Kil'jaeden's Burning Wish
    Mo'arg Bionic Stabilizers (Good in .0, useless when I obtained)

I at this point feel truly demotivated with the game. The other DH in my guild has Belt/Ring and I am completely handicapped.

There are seven guilds at 7/10M+ on my realm, I am one of two DH without the Ring (out of 15 of us), the majority having Ring+Belt/Ring+Shoulders.

I'm currently running Sephuz+KJBW, but just feel so utterly cucked when I put myself into sims and see myself 7-10% beneath any of those other Demon Hunters.
    I have a total of 9 Legendaries, stretched over 4 characters. None of them are class specific. Stop whining.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skulltaker View Post
    I have a total of 9 Legendaries, stretched over 4 characters. None of them are class specific. Stop whining.
    Maybe start playing your "main" instead of having a few legendaries per character whom actually have a super high drop rate for legendary 1-2 which means you barely play? Zyalo has actually invested a significant amount of time on the character he raids with.

Also, Prydaz better than half the DH legendaries any day.

Quote Originally Posted by Mannevond View Post
    To be honest with you, when you said that you got 3 legendaries in 3 consecutive days, and those being the 7th 8th and 9th legendaries I thought you were just trolling. But man... I have seen lucky people before, but you are probably the luckiest person I have yet to see about this legendary rng. Seriously, what are the odds of getting 7th 8th and 9th legendaries in 3 consecutive days? I'm speechless, but still gratz. Your guildies and friends must've been shocked.

What have you been doing in the last 3 days mostly? Spamming m+?
    I hadnt gotten to the M+ spam yet when i got my legendaries. Just standard post reset raiding in pugs.

Guild is just a bunch of rl mates. We just use it as a platform to talk.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Skulltaker View Post
    I realise this is a whiney post, I accept that, but it's intent was more of a 'DH Support Group' hence the opening statement of "is there anyone else out there?"

While the ring has been significantly less impactful after the DBlades hotfix from 1-20, to 1-14 and then 1-8, it still lame to not have it (and to never have experienced it's ridiculous OPness).

But ultimately, it's down to class feel. If you say right now the ring is 5% damage, it would feel better to have the ring baked into baseline, and the Ring effect just be "you do 5% more", because more fury FEELS better, even if you did the same damage, not being able to press buttons sucks.

Deleted
    I realise this is a whiney post, I accept that, but it's intent was more of a 'DH Support Group' hence the opening statement of "is there anyone else out there?"

While the ring has been significantly less impactful after the DBlades hotfix from 1-20, to 1-14 and then 1-8, it still lame to not have it (and to never have experienced it's ridiculous OPness).

But ultimately, it's down to class feel. If you say right now the ring is 5% damage, it would feel better to have the ring baked into baseline, and the Ring effect just be "you do 5% more", because more fury FEELS better, even if you did the same damage, not being able to press buttons sucks.
    I feel you bro. That sad moment when you have BL + all the procs on pull, yet you have no fury to spam annihilations and your fury bar refuses to move :'( . Of course I'm pretty sure even the ring users are experiencing moments like this, but it's just far less frequent compared to someone without the ring. Everytime I watch a DH PoV with ring or just test the ring on PTR on my own character, I just realize how much i'm missing out. I just feels so much better to fill those GCDs with a lot more chaos strikes. The gameplay feels much more smooth and fluid with the ring.

Deleted

Not to mention that since we're a 1 button spec now and that 1 button is empowered by both 2pc (through fury gen) and 4pc, the ring snowballs on both bonuses even harder. More crit on chaos strike with 4pc means more chaos strikes = even more chaos strikes. I hated the ring when I didn't have it, and I still hate it now that I have it, it's terrible design and shouldn't exist in its current form.
    Last edited by mmocb5ed661022; 2017-02-25 at 01:38 PM.

As somebody who has the ring (got it post 7.1.5, so I also know the huge frustration of not having it), I think it's pretty retarded. That fury generation should be baseline and that legendary shouldn't exist. It is extremely noticeable, and on average I generate between 15% and 30% more fury than my co DH who doesn't have it. (That is not a flat 15%-30% damage increase because I'm not getting 15-30% more fury during BL/meta/pull where so much of our damage comes from. It is however a very noticeable difference in play, smoothness of rotation, and general fun.

If blizzard told me they were taking my ring legendary away (by far my best one) and making its proc baseline I'd be overjoyed.

The legendary system in legion is so insanely frustrating to me, and I have every DPS legendary now save the belt. I want to be compared to other DH on a legit playing field. I got another 99% parse? Great! was that because I played well that fight, or was that because I have better leggos than most other players? Guess we'll never know! Conversely, for all of EN/ToV "Great, I got another 90% parse! Would that have been a 99% parse if I hadn't gotten shit on by legendaries?"

It's really disappointing, because legion legendaries came so close to being so amazing, and because blizzard fucked it up so hard and everybody hates it they'll probably never try again and fix it. I think the idea of RNG based legendaries is fine, but having no backup system blows. It would have been easy to implement some item drop that happens off every boss and gives you 1 per chest in mythic plus where you collect 1,000 of them and use with another legendary and you can DE it and recraft it into the one you want. Worst case scenario, you have a leggo that isn't useful or the one you wanted for a few weeks until you've killed enough bosses and done enough emmisaries to melt it down and recraft it into one you want. It allows for class altering leggos without making somebody feel like they have no pathway forward if they dont get the ones they need.

I could probably spend another hour talking about how frustrating and stupid and offspec and alt unfriendly legion is.
    Last edited by Killface1; 2017-02-25 at 02:15 PM.