Page 26 of 26 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Straight White Whale View Post
    Neither are you, so should it be legal to kill you? Is it only illegal to kill children? A fetus is still alive. Otherwise you wouldn't be able to kill it. And it is human. Why should it be ok to kill a fetus?

That is nonsense.
    What is the definition of "human" here? I don't see a fetus as a human, no more than I see a sperm or egg as a human.

15+ Year Old Account
    Who Cares? I like Eduard Khil though.. TROLOLO FOR PRESIDENT!
    Quote Originally Posted by Fojos View Post
    Nope. As a tax-payer you are funding this. If on the other hand, it was paid from their own insurance or pocket.

You're right. So pay for your own choices.

All this talk of choices but no one talks about responsibilities, no one even seem to consider that other people are funding your actions.
    Yep, I do pay for my own choices. I pay for my insurance and thus get birth control for free.
    So no, no one else is funding my actions, only I.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Atrea View Post
    I feel this is the weakest argument of all in support of choice.

While I completely support the ability to make such a choice, the source of laws and legislation - to wit, what is between the legs of the legislator - should have nothing to do with their integrity. Meaning, it shouldn't matter if a man or a woman tells you what you can't do with your body - it doesn't matter, because anyone telling you what you can't do with your body is, quite simply, in the wrong. It doesn't become "more wrong" if a man tells you these things.

We live in a world where men and women are in various levels of elected public office. Men tell women what to do in this world, and women tell men what to do in this world. That's just how it is.

Please stop parroting this tired line of dialogue. It does the "pro choice" side no favours, because it is an easy position to attack, and quite frankly, is not at the meat of why a woman's right to choose to (or choose not to) have an abortion should be protected.
    It is only a weak argument that you feel I am parroting, because you do not agree with me, and millions of others that use this BASIC ARGUMENT, that should not have to be debated further. We don't make laws that limit YOUR right to choose what you do with your inherently male body, now do we?
    Infractions this, infractions that.
    There's my sig.

I am pro choice because, although I do not believe in abortion, I believe it should be your choice.

If you make it illegal, it will just go back to the old days of hangers and back alley shops. Also, you could just go to another country to get one. So, there is really no point in making it illegal.

I also believe in minimalist government, I don't need to government in my body or bedroom- especially with their track record.

I am pro-choise because Durex isn't as reliable as they advertise it to be...
    "The opposite of love is not hate, it's indifference. The opposite of art is not ugliness, it's indifference. The opposite of faith is not heresy, it's indifference. And the opposite of life is not death, it's indifference."

Elie Wiesel (1928 – 2016)

7+ Year Old Account
    The hyperbole of the OP aside...

Quote Originally Posted by Dezerte View Post
    Bodily autonomy.
    This pretty much covers it. Also, abortions are cheaper and kids are just miniature assholes.

The same reason I don't want refugees being allowed in. I don't want to pay for them.

Most people who are pro-life or pro-refugee are hypocrites that would never adopt an aborted kid that was allowed to live or allow a refugee into their home.
    Last edited by matt4pack; 2017-02-25 at 10:06 PM.