Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tupimus View Post
    As a Finn I'd welcome low, low EE prices to force some competition onto the market. The local monopolies outbid even Lidl out of my neighbourhood and food costs shot up 70% at a rough estimate.
    Finland has some Lidl shops. Norway managed to boycott them in favor of local more expensive stores.

http://achievaint.com/the-case-of-lidl/

Quote Originally Posted by yabadabadoh View Post
    if that is the case, whats the biggest scandal fuss about then? o wait, i know, those bootlickers at orbans office needs some diversion and extra propaganda time
    Probably. Then again Hungary was never "Eastern European".
    Remember kiddies, hope was the last evil in Pandora's box.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Donald Hellscream View Post
    The food from Lidl ain't that bad, well atleast not in Denmark
    Junk here. They cant even make a good donuts. They are super cheap too.
    Don't sweat the details!!!

"hur dur you pay less for food so ofcourse it will be worse"

actually food prices in Germany and "East" Europe are about same

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by LeRoy View Post
    People from different countries have a different taste, and it would be foolish to send the same product everywhere.

This isn't new: the same Coca Cola bottle will have a different composition in France than it does in India, and Coke Co is doing that since decades.

In some countries the consumers are REALLY obsessed with some ingredients: in Spain any OGM will have an hard time, in Italy Palm Oil is under fire now, and you won't sell any ounce of horse meat in Ireland or the UK.

Can't blame then these companies to differentiate the product, while keeping the label (and branding) they spent so much for.
    yeah because people prefer pink slime and not real meat lol

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dezerte View Post
    Lidl kind of is the low-cost grocery store, isn't it? The only thing I ever buy from Lidl is the occasional cheap clothes, wouldn't dare buy my food there.

And if there's anything the EU needs to it is to put pressure on these companies, but prices might begin to rise. Alternatively put pressure on companies and governments in Eastern Europe to pay better wages.
    Quality varies per product as usual, but it was better than the local monopolies and drove prices down (not to mention the jewry wannabes raised prices immediately after Lidl closed down).

I just don't know how Hungary not being in Eastern Europe is relevant to the "scandal".

Deleted
    Finland has some Lidl shops. Norway managed to boycott them in favor of local more expensive stores.

I wouldn't mind spending more occasionally to get to the good stuff if I wasn't paying through the nose already for the most basic of things.

It isn't helping my goals of eating more, really.

Quote Originally Posted by Triks View Post
    Probably. Then again Hungary was never "Eastern European".
    They're as far east as Poland and Slovakia are.

It's the Czech Republic that is questionable considering most of it is west of Austria's eastern border and Prague is west of Vienna.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuntantee View Post
    I just don't know how Hungary not being in Eastern Europe is relevant to the "scandal".
    people cant into geography yea but it has nothing to do with topic

Lidl isn't much cheaper than any other store, so it hardly matters those are here. It used to be when it first came around, but now half the stuff seems to be the same as any other store has, for basically same price. The rest are just different brands, and barely cheaper.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    They're as far east as Poland and Slovakia are.

It's the Czech Republic that is questionable considering most of it is west of Austria's eastern border and Prague is west of Vienna.
    Of the Vizigrads the only ones that could be considered Eastern European are the Poles and even that's a stretch. "Eastern Europe" is the Balkans (minus Slovenia and Greece), Romania and the former Soviet Republics bar the Baltics. It's more of a cultural union than a geographic location.
    Remember kiddies, hope was the last evil in Pandora's box.

We have Walmart for our cheap goods, Walmart makes a fortune when the economy goes bad, they don't do so well when the economy is good like it is now.

Then there is Target for the next higher level of quality and there are plenty of stores that cater to the well off people too.

Same with food, I can buy 20 pounds of Walmart rice for $8 which is very cheap, at normal stores rice is about a $1 a pound.

More choices are a good thing.

California is a huge agricultural state and California sends its best produce to New York, why? They get more money in New York. Things are complicated.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    California is a huge agricultural state and California sends its best produce to New York, why? They get more money in New York. Things are complicated.
    We just want to share our produce with civilized folk.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cairhiin View Post
    The problem is, in Holland people pay 2-3x the price, people pay in Hungary for the same product. It is easy to see why companies cut corners in less profitable markets.
    And that's a big fat lie.

600g Nutella in Hungary 1650Ft = 5,4€
    630g Nutella in Netherland 5,9€

Average salary in Hungary 657€ / month
    Average salary in Nehterlands 2270€ / month

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    If you want better quality products then you must be prepared to pay a higher price, like people do in the western or northern europe.
    We already do. Nothing costs less here. Link me anything and i'll link the hungarian price, which will be the same or more

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by lonely zergling View Post
    Thats because you pay far less than west europeans and companies change their products to fit the different tastes of the market they operate. If you dont like the food dont buy it or pay more for the real version.

Just because the brand is the same doesnt mean the product is 100% the same. You can read what is inside the product and decide if you want to buy it.
    Except the fact that nothing costs here less...

Eastern European Companies (pimps) sell junk products (cheap disease ridden prostitutes) to west europe. The quality of this woman is really bad. They take our womans jobs. We need to build a wall and make eastern europe pay for it.

I dont see Merkel whining about this.

Atleast our food wont give you pain while taking a piss.
    Last edited by lonely zergling; 2017-02-26 at 01:54 PM.

Deleted
    Eastern European Companies (pimps) sell junk products (cheap disease ridden prostitutes) to west europe. The quality of this woman is really bad. They take our womans jobs. We need to build a wall and make eastern europe pay for it.

I dont see Merkel whining about this.

Atleast our food wont give you pain while taking a piss.
    The ugliest and most disease ridden eastern woman looks like a beauty pageant winner compared to the average German and English women

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zumzum View Post
    And that's a big fat lie.
    600g Nutella in Hungary 1650Ft = 5,4€
    630g Nutella in Netherland 5,9€
    So you took 1 product, and decided it was a lie? Check other products, and you'll see you are wrong.

Consumer Prices in Netherlands are 69.08% higher than in Hungary

Coke/Pepsi (0.33 liter bottle) 257.16 Ft
    (0.83 €) 675.58 Ft
    (2.19 €) +162.71 %

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zumzum View Post
    The ugliest and most disease ridden eastern woman looks like a beauty pageant winner compared to the average German and English women
    I'd take three random hungarians over the mingin hacket cutting round my gaff.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cairhiin View Post
    So you took 1 product, and decided it was a lie? Check other products, and you'll see you are wrong.

Consumer Prices in Netherlands are 69.08% higher than in Hungary

Coke/Pepsi (0.33 liter bottle) 257.16 Ft
    (0.83 €) 675.58 Ft
    (2.19 €) +162.71 %
    Everybody can nitpick something that will cost more in their country but here's the problem. The NL (and most western countries) salary is ~350% more than the hungarian (and most eastern countries) one. So if your food prices only 69% worse then who pays less actually for better quality food? People here fail to see that this is why it got a huge publicity now.

This is a disgusting statement.