Poll: Best female character?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    someone with perfect hips, thighs and breasts is the best.

give me some art guys.

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    Quote Originally Posted by DemonHunter18 View Post
    someone with perfect hips, thighs and breasts is the best.

give me some art guys.
    there's whole websites of stuff like that, I'm sure you can find what you are looking for.
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

Where's Moira, queen regent of the dark iron?
    uhn, but I grow really fond of Xal'atath :P

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Voted Sylvanas, Liadrin isnt on the list and I play BE pala.

Lady Liadrin, close second Sylvanas.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    thalyssra's really good.
    It's funny, I was going to say that. I'm a real fan of Thalyssra, and I've enjoyed the Suramar storytelling that's largely been from her point of view. Her personality and interactions with Oculeth and Valtrois (also both good characters) really work, and there's some depth to the character.

I'll be sad if Legion is the last we see of Thalyssra.

[Special mention for Magatha Grimtotem, too. Another character I always liked.]

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably Sylvanas in lieu of Liadrin or Moira.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbotef View Post
    Yeah, she gets my vote for her unintentionally funny (Wow, that's a big one!) and exaggerated (her description of Skorpyon) shit that pops out of her mouth.
    it's a very cute voice too, i think. the cuteness of it is only increased by the quest to feed them mana. it feels similar to feeding cute little critters at a petting zoo.

10+ Year Old Account
    1) Thalyssra
    2) Yrel
    3) Liadrin/Sylvanas tied
    4) Going to come out of left field here and say Elisande
    Walking with a friend in the dark is better than walking alone in the light.
    So I chose the path of the Ebon Blade, and not a day passes where i've regretted it.
    I am eternal, I am unyielding, I am UNDYING.
    I am Zethras, and my blood will be the end of you.

W..T..F wheres the woman we all wanted to see on that list dammit!

Quote Originally Posted by Ramz View Post
    None of them imo. Majority of them are Mary Sues, and some of them are simply badly written. The one that seems the most interesting from this list is Azshara as devs didn't had a possibility to ruin her yet.

I guess Stormcaller Mylra is solid choice, as it's awesome level-headed, not ridiculously OP character, that shows attitude and managed to acomplish some stuff.

But I have yet to find female hero that I could totally cheer for, as WoW is terrible when it comes to delivery of major lore characters.
    Do you know what a Mary Sue is?
    By all variants of the term and all other semantics of the expression too they aren't.
    Last edited by Evangeliste; 2017-02-26 at 04:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Evangeliste View Post
    Do you know what a Mary Sue is?
    By all variants of the term and all other semantics of the expression too they aren't.
    There are plenty of variants of Mary Sue, it's not like there is one specific blueprint for them. But Mary Sue is usually a very "speciul" character that usually has super thick armor that makes them get away from trouble or makes them alive no matter how impossible it would for them to get away from, and they always get some kind of special treatment.

Mary Sue is also super idealised or "wish fullfillment" kind of character, gets the best stud for herself, is top of the class/competition/rank whatever. So basicly some exaggerated perfection, if you'll check on the internet there are many kinds of "Sues". (here are some : http://www.springhole.net/writing/ma....htm#canon-sue )

I'm not gonna review each character because I don't really have time for that, and that with few like Alleria and Aegwynn I'm not so much familiar about.

But I'm sure you'll agree that many characters are badly written/ inconsistent when it comes to development like Tyrande - in books she is very cautios, and level headed in games she is rushing things and few times was acting in controvesial way (let's say).

Maiev is interesting character, but she constantly gets slack for her attitude toward Malfurion and Tyrande even if her reasons against them are imo valid, however she is in books portrayed as "coocoo" so I guess her fate is sealed by now.

Maybe I exaggerated about majority of them being Mary Sue, but neither of them is truly spectaculary written to the point I'd say that one of them is the best female character.
    But on the other side, I think that majority of male characters aren't that good either, the only people I cared about are either dead by now, or their role is so minimal now to the point they could not exist anymore.
    Last edited by Ramz; 2017-02-26 at 05:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    there's whole websites of stuff like that, I'm sure you can find what you are looking for.
    oh you are no fun

I voted Maiev, or the creative spelling portrayed here, due to lack of really interesting female alternatives. Stormcaller Mylra, as someone suggested, would be a better alternative than the lot.

Dark Lady gets my vote

Thx to Isilrien for the awesome sig

Mother Shahraz.

Quote Originally Posted by Ramz View Post
    There are plenty of variants of Mary Sue, it's not like there is one specific blueprint for them. But Mary Sue is usually a very "speciul" character that usually has super thick armor that makes them get away from trouble or makes them alive no matter how impossible it would for them to get away from, and they always get some kind of special treatment.

Mary Sue is also super idealised or "wish fullfillment" kind of character, gets the best stud for herself, is top of the class/competition/rank whatever. So basicly some exaggerated perfection, if you'll check on the internet there are many kinds of "Sues". (here are some : http://www.springhole.net/writing/ma....htm#canon-sue )

I'm not gonna review each character because I don't really have time for that, and that with few like Alleria and Aegwynn I'm not so much familiar about.

But I'm sure you'll agree that many characters are badly written/ inconsistent when it comes to development like Tyrande - in books she is very cautios, and level headed in games she is rushing things and few times was acting in controvesial way (let's say).

Maiev is interesting character, but she constantly gets slack for her attitude toward Malfurion and Tyrande even if her reasons against them are imo valid, however she is in books portrayed as "coocoo" so I guess her fate is sealed by now.

Maybe I exaggerated about majority of them being Mary Sue, but neither of them is truly spectaculary written to the point I'd say that one of them is the best female character.
    But on the other side, I think that majority of male characters aren't that good either, the only people I cared about are either dead by now, or their role is so minimal now to the point they could not exist anymore.
    Well that's fair enough. My concern was more 'majority' because yeah characters like Aegwynn had virtually nothing to them to I feel qualify that label really haha, poor woman was just canon fodder in terms to others.
    Only couple that probably is worth talking about is perhaps Jaina and Sylvanas since well they've flip flopped and done anything and got the t-shirt it feels. It's sad to see Metzen go and all but perhaps that's what was holding it all back? I know that is a super assumption and rightly we'll never know ultimately, just when Chronicles is released the lore in general will feel a lot more stuck together with potentially characters being "reformed" or we can only live in hope.
    Another majot problem is gameplay and basically us as the player really screw with things as a hole, far easier to write as the reader/viewer looking in with a third person perspective than the curveball of that on top of the reader actually being in it!

Princess Theradras.

Deleted
    Best at what? Best at being good? At making a pancake? From an orc?
    It will all be subjective so...
    If we take only those, I'll take either Jaina Proudmoore or Alleria Windrunner.

If we take outside the list, I'll take Shandris Feathermoon.
    Last edited by mmoc994dcc48c2; 2017-02-26 at 09:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Snowraven View Post
    Best at what?
    Best at looking good obviously.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunderaan View Post
    All it takes is an incel at the wrong place wrong time and we won't even know what hit us.