Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkeon View Post
    If you need convincing, especially from random forum folks, then it's probably unwise to get back to the game, since it would appear it would be only to regret it a while after.
    To be honest ones opinion is always helpful. But that's all it is at the end of the day. An opinion. What matters most is if you want to come back and if you are enjoying it if/when you do.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by IceMan1763 View Post
    I quit in early october when I had 2 months of game time left. The exodus of players has been MASSIVE since launch. Good try though.
    Source on that exodus? I am curious to see for myself.

No and inb4lock
    They always told me I would miss my family... but I never miss from close range.

I quit in early october when I had 2 months of game time left. The exodus of players has been MASSIVE since launch. Good try though.
    I know Warlords of Draenor had that very early on. I haven't seen any released visual information that suggests that for Legion though. Have you got a source that shows it? Would be interesting to see.

Quote Originally Posted by Evangeliste View Post
    I know Warlords of Draenor had that very early on. I haven't seen any released visual information that suggests that for Legion though. Have you got a source that shows it? Would be interesting to see.
    WoD had a major drop and I cannot blame people. Lore was trash, Raiding was meh apart from BRF, Ashran was terrible and all in all WoD was a mess. Leveling experience and some of the music was pretty good though. I loved Spires, Nagrand and Frostfire.

10+ Year Old Account
    wait until the next expansion

10+ Year Old Account
    No, for it isn't our job to convince you, or take your choice.

Do you wish to play the game?

[Yes] [No]
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Elemental Lord Lady Dragonheart's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Amongst the Wilds, or in my Garrison... >.>
    Legion is actually pretty fun and enjoyable. The story ties up a lot of the forgotten loose ends that have been left over the many years that the game has been relevant, which is quite enjoyable to witness as every class has their own unique campaign.

However, I would recommend playing the game casually, not in any sort of hardcore manner, as that is not how the game is designed (and really never has been). Playing to experience the game, make friends, and enjoy the escapism that the game offers is where the majority of the fun resides in the game.

The hardcore route will make you question your resolve as to why you play, as it will feel like you're beating your head against a wall with the incredible about of dog-eat-dog competition that hardcore end-game has in store. Essentially, if you're not one to find a sponsor, successful patreon, or a successful stream that you can make money from to live IRL or you won't be able to compete with the near autonomous level of play required for being hardcore.
    Last edited by Lady Dragonheart; 2017-02-26 at 03:15 PM.
    I am both the Lady of Dusk, Vheliana Nightwing & Dark Priestess of Lust, Loreleî Legace!
    ~~ ~~
    <3 ~ I am also the ever-enticing leader of <The Coven of Dusk Desires> on Moon Guard!

Mythic raiding seems to be pretty solid these days so I believe it would be worth it for you to at least try it out. Gearing up won't be much of an issue. AP would be your main obstacle, but shouldn't take longer than a couple of months to bring yourself up to speed if you play actively. So yeah, you have all the chances to "catch" the current raid tier if you're willing to put a little bit of effort into your character.
    As for your other question, even though I do have some gripes about Legion, on the whole the expansion has been really enjoyable to me so far. The story, all the class specific content, end-game content in the form of world quests, mythic dungeons and raiding are just too good to pass up.

Quote Originally Posted by Evangeliste View Post
    Warcraft Census. Player activity levels are already at end of WOD levels. There are people who have looked at armory information and compared wowprogress data that have come to similar conclusions.

Now, there are people who will say that data is BS, but have NOTHING to counter it with. Obviously the data isn't perfect, but it does provide a reliable snapshot over time, in my opinion. The only possible counter is the two very brief lines from the quarterly earnings report, which I find incredibly unconvincing and also revealing. I believe the first is that play was barely up (10% I believe) from a year ago. That I see as bad, not good, considering this is a brand new xpac we're talking about. The second was that NON LAUNCH QUARTER total played hours was the highest it's been in years. This isn't surprising at all and to me shows the biggest complaint about the xpac... it's INCREDIBLY grindy. So, non launch quarter total played hours are up because 1/3 of the people are playing 3X as much. That, in my opinion, does not make for a healthy game or game community.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    To be honest ones opinion is always helpful. But that's all it is at the end of the day. An opinion. What matters most is if you want to come back and if you are enjoying it if/when you do.
    To be fair, my main issue is the having to rely on random forum goers for this advise. Having little to no active friends in-game significantly lowers one's chances of sticking around.

That and the "convince" me part, which usually says that the will to return isn't fully there yet, screams "Buyers-regret" to me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Don't come back. This expansion is terrible.

If you're looking to just kill a couple hours a week doing world content or dungeons, then maybe. If you're more interested in raiding heroic/mythic even casually then I would stay FAR away because it will make you furious.

7+ Year Old Account
    "Not enough content, this game is boring, I quit"

"Too much content, it is overwhelming, I quit"

Everyone goes on about how classic was the best and how much fun it was. It was a total grindfest. Now everyone complains because Legion is too grindy. And you people want legacy servers?!

If you don't like grinding, don't play mmos. Simple as that, go play other genres rather than complain about it and giving this game a bad name when every other mmorpg does the exact same thing.

It's amazing how people say that legion is grindy. That's how every MMO is. You repeat stuff. It's simply impossible to not repeat stuff on an MMO, otherwise we would have a WoD all over again.

On topic, Legion is fine if you don't care what others do and you at your own pace. I rerolled before nighthold, and I now am at 52 traits and 893 ilvl.

Warcraft Census. Player activity levels are already at end of WOD levels. There are people who have looked at armory information and compared wowprogress data that have come to similar conclusions.

Now, there are people who will say that data is BS, but have NOTHING to counter it with. Obviously the data isn't perfect, but it does provide a reliable snapshot over time, in my opinion. The only possible counter is the two very brief lines from the quarterly earnings report, which I find incredibly unconvincing and also revealing. I believe the first is that play was barely up (10% I believe) from a year ago. That I see as bad, not good, considering this is a brand new xpac we're talking about. The second was that NON LAUNCH QUARTER total played hours was the highest it's been in years. This isn't surprising at all and to me shows the biggest complaint about the xpac... it's INCREDIBLY grindy. So, non launch quarter total played hours are up because 1/3 of the people are playing 3X as much. That, in my opinion, does not make for a healthy game or game community.
    Did you not look at quarter earnings? MAU's have increased by 10% in the Q4 of 2016 and it was higher than Q3 which had Legion launch in it, and hey have had the biggest non-launch quarter for the past 4 years. So you real have no idea what is going on. You are literally being negative to be negative at this point, by taking positivity and making it negative. Warcraft census isn't a reliable spot to get information on player activity either.

Raids are good. There are lots of things to do. You can choose to do them or not to. Farming Artifact power, leveling alts, farming gold, fishing, pet battles, mount runs, random dungeons etc.
    If you have time and you want to play, do it.
    "Ahhh ahhhhh, ahhh, yeah, ahhhh, YEAH, YEAH, RIGHT THERE, AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAhhhhhh" Jenna Jameson

Quote Originally Posted by Macewindfury View Post
    "Not enough content, this game is boring, I quit"

"Too much content, it is overwhelming, I quit"

Everyone goes on about how classic was the best and how much fun it was. It was a total grindfest. Now everyone complains because Legion is too grindy. And you people want legacy servers?!

If you don't like grinding, don't play mmos. Simple as that, go play other genres rather than complain about it and giving this game a bad name when every other mmorpg does the exact same thing.
    People aren't quitting over 'too much content'. They're getting pissed and quitting because the design philosophy is "endless grind, no foreseeable endpoint". No matter how much you grind your dick off there's still more AP, better legendaries, and titanforged. It's fine for a casual who doesnt give a shit, but it is HORRENDOUS for raiders. Classic had grinds with achievable endpoints. Legion has grinds that lead to more grinds to keep up with the joneses.

Hahaha lmao this thread. Like every thread it has 80% negative posts.

Not altfriendly???
    Grindy expansion??
    Stupid devs??
    Mythic raiders having to make a tiny commitment?

Welcome to World of Warcraft anno 2004-2017 minus WoD. And WoD is the negative part. No content.

Its the same as ever, just with alot more content now in Legion. This is a good thing. And Azeroth has never been this beautiful! Broken Isles is awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by Shaqthefat View Post
    Did you not look at quarter earnings? MAU's have increased by 10% in the Q4 of 2016 and it was higher than Q3 which had Legion launch in it, and hey have had the biggest non-launch quarter for the past 4 years. So you real have no idea what is going on. You are literally being negative to be negative at this point, by taking positivity and making it negative. Warcraft census isn't a reliable spot to get information on player activity either.
    Apparently it's you who can't read:

"World of Warcraft® MAUs grew 10% in 2016 and over 20% year-over-year in the
    fourth quarter on the back of the successful third-quarter launch of the expansion, Legion™."

20% year over year compared to end of WOD... not impressive.
    10% increase in 2016 would include end of WOD also... not impressive.
    Increasing play time in the grindiest xpac ever... not impressive and what is leading to the massive burnout now.

Want to bet whether they'll be talking about those numbers a year after launch?

Quote Originally Posted by Re1ax View Post
    If you're looking to just kill a couple hours a week doing world content or dungeons, then maybe. If you're more interested in raiding heroic/mythic even casually then I would stay FAR away because it will make you furious.
    The only thing that makes me furious about raiding these days is the ridiculous price of consumables. Other than that I'm not sure what you're talking about, it's quite enjoyable.

Quote Originally Posted by Re1ax View Post
    People aren't quitting over 'too much content'. They're getting pissed and quitting because the design philosophy is "endless grind, no foreseeable endpoint". No matter how much you grind your dick off there's still more AP, better legendaries, and titanforged. It's fine for a casual who doesnt give a shit, but it is HORRENDOUS for raiders. Classic had grinds with achievable endpoints. Legion has grinds that lead to more grinds to keep up with the joneses.
    Well, you could try to be an adult, set achievable goals for yourself and reach them in a desired pace. It's not "horrendous" even for raiders since you don't have to achieve everything there is to achieve in order to be competitive even in the mythic raid environment.