Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Could be a few reasons:

1) People are wanting a carry as it drops higher loot than other dungeons.
    2) People still somehow see it as a "hard dungeon".
    3) Just want a fast run without mistakes.

Quote Originally Posted by Emerald Archer View Post
    There's really nothing wrong with it, 860 players group with 860 players, 900 with 900. Not sure why you're implying that 860ilvl players need to be babied by the 900ilvl players and carried through content? Why don't you think they can do it themselves without the carry?
    I don't know if you're replying to a different poster.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

Because I don't want a crappy bunch of 860s who sit there wiping to Maiden because they can't stand in the crap properly and do less DPS than 880+ players. My group my rules.

Same reason why people in pugs want you to link Curve the first week of the raid's release.

Quote Originally Posted by JustRob View Post
    I see groups like NIGHTBANE RUN 900+ FAST FAST FAST, lowest I've seen is 870+. Like what the fuck lol. I'm doing mythic dungeons and LFR and I'm like 860.
    Why the f*ck are there always those players who feel like others are OBLIGATED to invest their time, money and nerves to fulfill some lowbies "achievements".

- no, we're not
    - we don't want to progress same content 20th time just because YOU want to get your sh*t done
    - there are multiple DPSes to pick from within a minute, why would I pick someone to boost when I could pick someone at my own level?
    - nightbane himself is pretty damn hard and complex fight for a group of 860s; needs skilled group of 860s to take him down even if you actually beat summon timer; bringing 900+ in will instead will grant you a huge gap for correcting personal failures

You can always open your own group. I really wonder if YOU will pick that 850ilvl tank over 890one. I BET you would NOT. That said, don't blame others of picking some 900+ over yourself please.
    Last edited by Maslenka; 2017-02-27 at 09:29 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by JustRob View Post
    I see groups like NIGHTBANE RUN 900+ FAST FAST FAST, lowest I've seen is 870+. Like what the fuck lol. I'm doing mythic dungeons and LFR and I'm like 860.
    Because you are low. By low i mean you are not high enough for anything but EN HC at best. You are behind. How can you even stay at 860 is beyond me.

I would not touch ANYTHING that is below 880 at min. And that is for whatever content.

If only there was some way to remedy this. Maybe if Blizzard implemented a Premade Group Finder where people could make their own groups? :O

Oh wait.

You're welcome.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Strifeload View Post
    Because you are low. By low i mean you are not high enough for anything but EN HC at best. You are behind. How can you even stay at 860 is beyond me.

I would not touch ANYTHING that is below 880 at min. And that is for whatever content.
    I'm 879.9. Can I group with you?

This thread again?

Create your group with 860. Plenty of JustRob will join.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Because people are elitists and want to put down anyone who isn't on 'their level'. Nothing new.

Karazahn is a complete waste of an instance anyway, most people who join just want a single item from one boss and when the boss is down they quit, so you have to replace them via the stupid premade group tool. Chances are you won't find a replacement if you're over half way through the instance.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    If only there was some way to remedy this. Maybe if Blizzard implemented a Premade Group Finder where people could make their own groups? :O

Oh wait.

You're welcome.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm 879.9. Can I group with you?
    No. I rather take one of the avg. players who is like at least 880. It's like minus 880 and plus 910 is the is minority.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by cface View Post
    And achievements lost all it's meaning. Try to pug a EN hc (easiest raid since ever) now with 870/880 group with curve, and you are in a for a wipefest, and it will disband quick.
    ?? Usually 875 EN HC groups are fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Strifeload View Post
    No. I rather take one of the avg. players who is like at least 880. It's like minus 880 and plus 910 is the is minority.
    Damn . Honestly I just take the highest who applies. If they perform like shit I just kick em and move on. Same with when I apply to NH Normal. I'm actually 885. If they don't accept me then all I can do is look for another group or make my own. No skin off my nose. Either way I usually get my weekly Normal done and weekly Kara run done with ease.

Quote Originally Posted by AeneasBK View Post
    I don't know if you're replying to a different poster.
    Nah still referring to you, moreso about the first post I replied to, as the second you said seemed a bit sarcastic.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Conflux View Post
    1) There is a reason why some people are ilvl 870~
    2) Its hard to know based on ilvl how good they are, but in reality, and we have to admit the truth by it, that the higher your item level the more likely it is that said person is a good player. This is not always the case.
    3) Time is a limited resource. Why should I pick a 870 damage dealer who deals 300K dps if I can take a 900 who does 800K.
    4) You pick what is best for you. I simply feel like wasting my time, strength and resources if I carry low people. Even if by definition they are "geared enough" for the content at hand.
    5) It is damn easy to get gear. Like it takes 3 days to get from hitting lvl 110 to getting 870. A mate of mine twinked a druid hit lvl 110 2 days ago, got a legendary and is 873 now. There is really no reason to be low ilvl.
    6) When you are low ilvl you have a higher chance of WF and TF. A monk friend of mine got a 920 ilvl ring from a quest, Titanforged all the way up from 840. And this is not an isolated case. If you are low ilvl and been for months then the issue is you.

That is simply not true. Do you realize how hard it is to get 920? Even with 6 legos in the bag you dont get that. And nobody is 890 and has 920 in his bag. Nobody.
    Sure there will always be a difference between what is shown and what people really have equipped, but that is factores in by people making groups already. If I see someone in the queue who is 905 they most often are between 895 and 900.

I have 8 legendaries, 6 of them in the bag and I have ilvl 904 equipped and 912 is shown.
    I mean, how blind can someone be? Just because your friend is able to run m+ all day long with your 900+ friends does not mean that everyone is capable of doing so. There are people who got work to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    Because people are elitists and want to put down anyone who isn't on 'their level'. Nothing new.

Karazahn is a complete waste of an instance anyway, most people who join just want a single item from one boss and when the boss is down they quit, so you have to replace them via the stupid premade group tool. Chances are you won't find a replacement if you're over half way through the instance.
    It's elitism to make your own group requirements when the option to also make your own group if you don't agree with them is right there? End of the day it's the leaders choice what they want. Try doing Nightbane with 860s. That shit requires co-ordination.

Quote Originally Posted by Emerald Archer View Post
    Nah still referring to you, moreso about the first post I replied to, as the second you said seemed a bit sarcastic.
    Well the continuity seems to have let me down. If what you wrote about overgeared runs is true then its a massive turn around from PuG content previously. So Kudos to Legion for achieving that.

You then go on to say I want 900iLvL people to carry 860. Which is where I ask if you're talking to someone else because I've said nothing of the sort
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mokks View Post
    I mean, how blind can someone be? Just because your friend is able to run m+ all day long with your 900+ friends does not mean that everyone is capable of doing so. There are people who got work to do.
    Work to do?

The game has been out for 6months. If you can't beat the 880 mark, you should consider just stop playing(or atleast admit, that you must play with people, who are equally dedicated as you, because of "work").

You cant expect to get picked, if you have invested 1/4 of the person who is going to invite you.
    Last edited by mmocd6fe3ee806; 2017-02-27 at 09:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by AeneasBK View Post
    Well the continuity seems to have let me down. If what you wrote about overgeared runs is true then its a massive turn around from PuG content previously. So Kudos to Legion for achieving that.

You then go on to say I want 900iLvL people to carry 860. Which is where I ask if you're talking to someone else because I've said nothing of the sort
    If you weren't being sarcastic, then yeah. It's been really good as overgeared groups, MoS for example, undergeared groups do the trash packs 1 at a time, overgeared groups, when you first get in, will pull from the first pack all the way to the boss, so you're fighting the boss + 30 mobs. Then after that boss, all the trash up to the next boss, once that dies, 2nd boss, and then the entire top boat section, like 20 mobs, half of which heal/fear and have to all be interrupted if you can't kill them fast enough.

It's good fun, and is just pushing yourself. People want it done fast, not easy :P Fast and Hectic>Slow and Chill.

Quote Originally Posted by Stanelis View Post
    Yes there is a direct link between ilvl and performance. Timed karazhan requires both a high single target and aoe DPS.

That being said, 900 is way higher than the ilvl needed to complete the timer, but 860 is way lower. 875 ilvl ~880 is what you need to reliably do the timer in pug.
    No, there is no direct link between ilvl and performance.
    There is a direct link between ilvl and the highest possible performance with said ilvl, but the highest possible performance is almost impossible to reach. And it's your actual performance which is killing the boss, not your highest possible which you will never reach.
    Some people are nearer at their highest possible one than others.

10+ Year Old Account
    There is propably some sort of psychological thing in this.
    I've seen a lot of 830 people making groups of "900+ only", and the weird part is that they actually get those 900+ guys there.
    But I think I solved the puzzle. It's about making someone feel like they're priviledged to that (Even tho that's totally NOT the case)
    If I add two doors somewhere and write "Good guys" on the other, and maybe leave the other blank, people will go through the "good guy" door instead of the blank one.
    Why? Because there's a weird psychological thing in it which I can't explain why it happens, all I know it happens.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pie Eater View Post
    Have you read the planned frost mage "nerfs" ?!? It's like nerfing a hangman's rope by coloring it blue.
    Mr. Smith about the cost of Triple-spec
    3k gold right off the bat, about 5 silver a week later.