Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Transgender boy wins girls wrestling match... I need someone to explain this

http://www.espn.com/espnw/sports/art...restling-title

Im not homophobic, or ANTI LGBQT or what not, just looking for some clarity. When SHOULD we stop this? Can I identify as trans-25-35-aged and sign up for a childrens baseball game and win?

I dont understand this and I would like some clarity.

Right now im just seeing a guy who couldn't make a boys team so he "identified" and joined a girls league and won. So in my perspective he played the system to his favor and got what he wanted.

Can someone please help me not see this as something negative.. What am I missing?

This thread got closed yesterday.

Blame the state of Texas, they are the ones forcing the issue. The kid wanted to wrestle males. The ironic thing about all of this, is that this is the fault of conservatives, not liberals or the LGBT community.

What you're missing is the dude was born a lady and was forced to compete against other ladies and kicked their asses instead of competing in the gender he identified with. Read the article over again.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xcureanddisease View Post
    Can I identify as trans-25-35-aged and sign up for a childrens baseball game and win?
    This is a stupid question that deserves stupid responses.

But on topic. Is the testosterone a banned substance? If not, and everyone has access to it, then it's a level playing field.
    Eat yo vegetables

Deleted
    Haha how utterly ridicilous.

Is this entertainment "wrestling" or a sport called wrestling?

If its the entertainment one I see no problem with if its a real sport its a bit unfair to let people who take drugs fight against regular fighters imho.

Deleted
    Just because you maimed your dick to become a woman, doesn't mean you can spit DNA in the face and pretend you trully are a woman.

Humans are a sexual dimorphic species. There are clear differences between male and female. One of these differences is that males can build up a larger muscle mass than females.
    Transgenders shouldn't be pitted in intense physical competitions against the natural gender. Be it one or the other, the competition is unfair.

Quote Originally Posted by Taftvalue View Post
    Haha how utterly ridicilous.
    I know, it is ridiculous. Conservatives can't stop screwing things up.

Quote Originally Posted by Mordago View Post
    Just because you maimed your dick to become a woman, doesn't mean you can spit DNA in the face and pretend you trully are a woman.

Humans are a sexual dimorphic species. There are clear differences between male and female. One of these differences is that males can build up a larger muscle mass than females.
    Transgenders shouldn't be pitted in intense physical competitions against the natural gender. Be it one or the other, the competition is unfair.
    You clearly did not read the article. The wrestler was born a female, so Texas was forcing him to wrestle girls.

http://www.espn.com/espnw/sports/art...restling-title

Im not homophobic, or ANTI LGBQT or what not, just looking for some clarity. When SHOULD we stop this? Can I identify as trans-25-35-aged and sign up for a childrens baseball game and win?

I dont understand this and I would like some clarity.

Right now im just seeing a guy who couldn't make a boys team so he "identified" and joined a girls league and won. So in my perspective he played the system to his favor and got what he wanted.

Can someone please help me not see this as something negative.. What am I missing?
    Did you read the article that YOU posted?

The family of Mack Beggs has said he would rather be wrestling boys, but state policy calls for students to wrestle against the gender listed on their birth certificates.
    Like literally answers every question you asked the state's policy is stupid, surprise, surprise it's Texas.

Deleted
    So in my perspective he played the system to his favor and got what he wanted.
    I mean. That's it. There is nothing more it. Is anyone really surprised by it? But lets say now they ban it allowing only "true" gender (TRIGGERING INTENSIFIES) to compete. I'm pretty sure some trigger happy people on some T-named sites will start flame war on how it's homophobic, ignorant and hurtfull to ban a gender based on gender or something like that. I mean, that boy is pretty smart I guess. It's a win-win situation for him. He can compete: he wins, he gets banned: he just says they're opressing him. Open and shut case.

On a side note:
    posed by doing a dab on the medal stand
    My sides are gone
    Last edited by mmoc9662afc2dc; 2017-02-27 at 01:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    This thread got closed yesterday.

Blame the state of Texas, they are the ones forcing the issue. The kid wanted to wrestle males. The ironic thing about all of this, is that this is the fault of conservatives, not liberals or the LGBT community.
    This...

There is nothing for you to 'stop'... It's not the kids fault at all.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Deith View Post
    I mean. That's it. There is nothing more it. Is anyone really surprised by it? But lets say now they ban it allowing only "true" gender (TRIGGERING INTENSIFIES) to compete. I'm pretty sure some trigger happy people on some T-named sites will start flame war on how it's homophobic, ignorant and hurtfull to ban a gender based on gender or something like that. I mean, that boy is pretty smart I guess. It's a win-win situation for him. He can compete: he wins, he gets banned: he just says they're opressing him. Open and shut case.
    The boy is born female... Read the damn thing

Quote Originally Posted by Deith View Post
    Actually, the system played him. Blame the state of Texas, they are the ones who screwed it up.

So does this mean testosterone doping will become a regular thing in women's sports now?

Read the article before posting. You're as clueless as the OP.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruargh
    I'm baffled that something this simple can be so hard for some people... I guess we can't blame blizzard for dumbing down the game any longer, because apparently it very much needed :

"Hard work pays off" is this kid for real? Trained "EVERY single day" to beat girls at an obvious complete disadvantage and doesn't feel like he cheated them? Good for you mate, should be really proud of yourself.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinzai View Post
    So does this mean testosterone doping will become a regular thing in women's sports now?
    Only if they identify as an Apache Attack Helicopter.

So what happened was totally right then. He was born a female and was forced to fight in girl's tournament since that is his "natural gender". Please read the article before outing your outrage.

Deleted
    Why are we allowing children to mutiliate themselves anyway? A 17 year old should not be allowed to make that decision, with or without the consent of the irreponsible parents.

Disgraceful.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    You clearly did not read the article. The wrestler was born a female, so Texas was forcing her to wrestle girls.
    FTFY /10chars