Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    No, it cannot. I'm not sure how far you can get saying "NO!" over and over again without evidence. I provided the actual amendment, which shows you to be wrong. If you have contrary evidence, I'm happy to see it, and discuss further.

But childish denials only get you the White House.
    Try re-reading my edited post.

based on the fact she won by almost 3m votes.....

..and people in the rust belt will be a bigger mess then before trump.....

...she would prob win....again.....and maybe this time EC win too

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorgodeus View Post
    Try re-reading my edited post.
    I'm not in the habit of reviewing every post, ever, so see if someone has fixed a mistake they couldn't admit to in the first place. If you have a point to make, or an apology to present, go ahead. But my point stands correct.

- - - Updated - - -

It appears I was wrong. A majority of 15 cabinet members is needed, so 8 people. All it would take is getting them onboard with the idea, and agreeing to not fire them after the VP takes over.

Fact remains, he does not have to be impeached, in order to be removed.
    Thank you. Seriously.

Far few people in this world admit to mistakes. I'm one who can, and I salute you, sir, as another.

Great point, too, that there is more than one way to oust a Cheeto.

(I left my initial response crossed out as example of . . . shit, I don't know, admitting I was a bit of an asshat)

Quote Originally Posted by GothamCity View Post
    2020 will be the next legitimate chance the Democrats have to make up ground. If they want to be competitive in the 2020s, they need to secure some gubernatorial seats and a few more state level legislative chambers in 2018. Then they need to make up more ground in 2020 by capturing the Senate (let's be real, they're not getting it in 2018 looking at the map). At that point, districts will be redrawn and, if positioned well like the Republicans were in 2010, could flip the House blue again in 2022 or 2024.

Failure to have a fighting chance in the House, will make Democrats a weak party at best in the 2020s, like they were in the 2010s. Another decade of a red house will stop nearly any Democratic agenda, even if they secure the Senate and Presidency in 2020, 2024, and 2028.
    They will make up ground in the 2018 mid-terms. There is currently a huge upswell in Democratic support and activism atm. People that have never been involved in politics have jumped onboard. One only has to look at the recent New Hampshire special election that saw the Democratic candidate win by 16 percentage points over an opponent who only lost by 1% the last time he ran. Voter turn-out for the Dems was very high, and donations poured in from all over the country for a state-level election.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    I hope and pray she doesn't run. It would be mind boggling if the Demos would think that's a good idea. Trump won despite his many flaws in large part due to the general public's dislike of Hillary. Some reasons being just her aloof personality, concerns (which I never bought) about her health, then of course emails and Benghazi. If Hillary is the best candidate the Demos could come up with in 2020, they are worse off than we all thought. Heck, a known name like George Clooney or some other Hollywood star without any political experience would probably get more votes.

They will make up ground in the 2018 mid-terms. There is currently a huge upswell in Democratic support and activism atm. People that have never been involved in politics have jumped onboard. One only has to look at the recent New Hampshire special election that saw the Democratic candidate win by 16 percentage points over an opponent who only lost by 1% the last time he ran. Voter turn-out for the Dems was very high, and donations poured in from all over the country for a state-level election.
    I agree. But those elections are still 21 months off. Momentum needs to gather and sustain.
    “You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me.”
    – C.S. Lewis

10+ Year Old Account
    It's already going to be difficult to unseat Trump. We need a better candidate than Hillary.

She'd lose. The democrats picked the only person who could lose against Trump. The DNC has no one to blame but themselves. Now enjoy the 4 years (or 8) if you can't figure out your crap.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by WrongYouAre View Post
    She'd lose. The democrats picked the only person who could lose against Trump. The DNC has no one to blame but themselves. Now enjoy the 4 years (or 8) if you can't figure out your crap.
    No there are plenty of Democrats that would lose to Trump. Just think of the Democrats on the national stage. It's a shit show. They / we better dig deep for a candidate. I usually don't call myself a Democrat, but with Trump in charge I guess it's now official.

Knowing the Democrats, they would probably prefer either a Female, Black or Gay candidate to represent them at the 2020 election.

So Hillary could be their number 1 choice or even Michelle Obama.

Quote Originally Posted by petej0 View Post
    Seriously? Do we have to keep counting on spouses and family members of previous Presidents? This is part of the reason why Hillary lost to Obama and again to Trump. There are some good candidates on both sides who are much better. People dont want another "name", they want fresh faces and new ideas.
    That what I was hoping for, but look who we had this past election... the republic rolled out the same names and got beatout by the "fresh face" in Trumpet, while the Democrats were scared to run against Killery, so they got an independent to "show up" who almost (but not really) took it from their hand picked candidate who only had name value. I'd love a legit candidate on either side.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ati87 View Post
    the real question should be if Trump is going to run in 2020 instead.
    Only impeachment or death can stop that from happening.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CostinR View Post
    It could very well happen and there's plenty of speculation that she will indeed do it.

Also there's this:

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/pe...stom_click=rss

The New DNC chair not ruling out her running in 2020....also this:

http://www.politico.com/magazine/sto...t-again-214766

The thing that worries me isn't that Hillary herself wants to run again, it's that there's plenty of people in the Democratic party fine with this, even some that are pushing her to do it.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...y-is-was-farce
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi
    yeah, we arent starting threads based on "what if" conspiracy level stuff

closing
    The bigger question is since the Russians hacked the DNC and revealed that she did in fact rig the primaries winning her a spot over Bernie, why anyone would support her over any other valid Democratic nominee.

You put Hilary up against the wonder that is Trump, and she lost. Dems put up a pile of shit, and lost to a vat of piss put up by repubs, and you want to do it again? Why because now she can play the under dog card? Fuck me!

Quote Originally Posted by GothamCity View Post
    I agree. But those elections are still 21 months off. Momentum needs to gather and sustain.
    Trump will go down in history as the Democrats greatest President. Every time he opens his mouth, he strengthens them.

Trump will go down in history as the Democrats greatest President. Every time he opens his mouth, he strengthens them.
    Its going both ways imo. The more the media and a certain segment of the us keep wanting to criticize and impeach him based on every single thing he says or does i think its strengthening the desire of those who voted for him to make sure he gets reelected. I mean if could look at all objectively at how the media(besides Fox) covered the elections from about May on then realize that Trump still won all the key states(with many of them by margins that were by like 10+%) I think it shows people don't like it when the media tries too hard to try and get one candidate into power. If people really want Trump out I think they need to stop trying to act like the world is ending every time he does something.

Quote Originally Posted by Berndorf View Post
    Its going both ways imo. The more the media and a certain segment of the us keep wanting to criticize and impeach him based on every single thing he says or does i think its strengthening the desire of those who voted for him to make sure he gets reelected. I mean if could look at all objectively at how the media(besides Fox) covered the elections from about May on then realize that Trump still won all the key states(with many of them by margins that were by like 10+%) I think it shows people don't like it when the media tries too hard to try and get one candidate into power. If people really want Trump out I think they need to stop trying to act like the world is ending every time he does something.
    I don't personally watch a lot of news from Television, but the bits I get when I go home for the holidays left the same impression. Basically, media outlets just streamed Trump's rallies/speeches, unfiltered, and assumed that his ridiculous rhetoric would get people to not vote for him. Sparingly did anchors interrupt or give a strong opinion, usually just small quips/interjections.

When he wasn't rallying/giving speeches, they'd generally talk about his daily tweets, or whatever latest bit of outrageous rhetoric he said. Maybe it's my personal bias, but I never saw anything as critical as they did to Romney/McCain, mainly, because they assumed Trump was doing it to himself.

Again, I don't watch a lot of it, so it could just be the bits I saw.

Also, I'm not sure where you got your information from, but Trump won the three key states by less than 1% in each state, for a total of around 100k votes, or less than 0.1% of the national vote (Michigan, Wisconsin, Pennsylvania). Even in Florida, he only won by 1.2%. Other swing states, Nevada, Colorado, New Hampshire, and North Carolina where all sub 3% (where 3 went to Clinton and 1 to Trump)

He eeked out tiny tiny victories in just the right states to grant him the Presidency.
    Last edited by God Save The King; 2017-02-28 at 01:19 AM.
    “You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me.”
    – C.S. Lewis

Deleted
    Let her. Democrats will lose yet again.

Quote Originally Posted by Berndorf View Post
    Its going both ways imo. The more the media and a certain segment of the us keep wanting to criticize and impeach him based on every single thing he says or does i think its strengthening the desire of those who voted for him to make sure he gets reelected.
    Those people are a lost cause Trump could murder someone on live TV and they would say it's just the biased media making him look bad. They don't even believe things reported on Trump when it is straight out of his twitter account or on video. The people that won him the election are moderates who are now freaking out because they never thought he would actually do the extremist stuff he promised.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    You lying about "having doubts" about Trump "initially" is just so adorable. You're an obvious Trumper through and through - you probably pour the kool-aid.

His popularity is plummeting, and has been since Oval Office Day 1. If you payed any attention, at all, to the world, you'd know that. And the fake news claims, from him, are just hurting him more and more.
    Actually, Im a libertarian. Outsider, non-joiner.. you name it. I only support Trump cause he stands against the "collective". The enemy of my enemy is my friend and all that. Not to mention everything negative they say about Trump is a lie. Without the lying media, I would be more critical of him but as things are now, Im forced to defend him and take hes side as not doing so would mean supporting the lying leftist propaganda machine.

10+ Year Old Account
    I couldn't ever believe someone could be so selfish and insanely tone-deaf.