Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    Do you think everyone who is called a "cuck" is being cheated on by their wife/girlfriend? Or everyone who is called a "retard" has mental deficiencies? Or when you tell someone to "go fuck yourself," do you literally mean that they should go masturbate? How long is it going to take people to realize that "Nazi" is a popular insult these days?
    Calling people Nazis that aren't Nazis but are just racists is like literally Hitler.

- - - Updated - - -

Do you think everyone who is called a "cuck" is being cheated on by their wife/girlfriend? Or everyone who is called a "retard" has mental deficiencies? Or when you tell someone to "go fuck yourself," do you literally mean that they should go masturbate? How long is it going to take people to realize that "Nazi" is a popular insult these days?
    Calling people Nazis that aren't Nazis is like literally Hitler.

Btw.. Where does this 28 years come from?

Quote Originally Posted by atsawin26 View Post
    28 years? While people committing acts of violence don't always get that much?

I mean, they're hateful fools and all, but almost 3 decades? Meanwhile there are child molesters getting 10 years or less.
    Dis anyone read the article or just jump on the click bait headline band wagon. Hell the 28 years doesn't even make sense from reading the article.

Superior Court Judge William McClain delivered Torres a sentence to 20 years, with 13 served in prison, and Norton was given 15 years with six to serve in prison.

Upon their release, the two have been barred from Douglas County. After interrupting the party they also terrorized a nearby Wal-Mart and convenience store.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    Can anyone tell me why this intellectually dishonest buzzfeed crap of calling people like this Nazis is so common these days? There not Nazis, what they are, are American confederates, if you look up the history books, the confederates weren't associated with Nazism, they were just racists and haven't adapted to modern society, living in a bubble.

I know y'all think it's cool to call anyone with racist tendencies Nazis now, but they really aren't, it's like calling any wild animal that eats meat a dinosaur cause dem dinos ate meat too, huk'yuk!
    Oh are they friends of yours that you know all about who they are and who they aren´t?

Anyway, don´t go all up in arms, change nazi cunt to racist asshole if it makes you happy.
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

Quote Originally Posted by mariovsgoku View Post
    Btw.. Where does this 28 years come from?
    Daily Mail clickbait bullshit. Or is that redundant?

Daily Mail clickbait bullshit. Or is that redundant?
    Well whoever the retard that wrote this is can't do maths. He should of gone with 35 years.

People have killed people intentionally and gotten less time.

Still, one more person I don't feel bad for.

It seems the threats were mostly how these two got convicted. Even under the most liberal free speech laws, you aren't allowed to threaten to kill people.

Using a total of sentences is rather disingenuous because there's barely any reason for doing so other than inflating the number for more clickbait. That being said, even their respective sentences are long as hell. Also, I'm not sure how the writer of the article arrived at 28 years total in the first place. The only numbers that add up to that is adding the total for the girl with the amount to serve in prison for the guy. Consistency™. Also, I wonder why does the woman get such a low sentence compared to the guy. And even when looking at them proportionally, she still has to serve less time in prison. Did the guy get a higher sentence because he was the one driving (which I don't know if was even the case, just speculating)? Did they get a certain amount of time for each slur yelled and the guy yelled more? Or is it court sexism in practice?

Quote Originally Posted by Post View Post
    This is a perfect example of why not to punch nazi's, these guys didn't need to get punched. Look at them, they're fucked, without violence, because they started to break the law with their views.
    Nonviolent solutions? Using the legal system against people that are prone to antisocial behavior that most likely gets them in conflict with the law at some point? What's this heresy you're espousing here?

Quote Originally Posted by Garnier Fructis View Post
    Even though I think that what they did was deplorable and they deserve punishment, this seems like an inordinately long sentence.

Like, is this supposed to be a message to other would be scumbags?
    "Best" part is that such actions rarely work in general. And when addressed at as antisocial an element of society as white supremacists, I'd wager the effectiveness is going to be even lower.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

Seems like nobody actually read the article.

The 28 years is clickbaity. It's what you get if you add both of their totals together.

Superior Court Judge William McClain delivered Torres a sentence to 20 years, with 13 served in prison, and Norton was given 15 years with six to serve in prison.
    She'll be out in 6 years, he'll be out in 13...if they can both keep their noses clean.

Also, it wasn't just yelling mean words

The Washington post has more details:

Norton was sentenced on one count of violating Georgia’s street gang act and one count of making terroristic threats. Torres was sentenced on three counts of aggravated assault with a deadly weapon, one count of terroristic threats and one count of violating the street gang act.
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

Quote Originally Posted by Sicari View Post
    Seems like nobody actually read the article.

The 28 years is clickbaity. It's what you get if you add both of their totals together.
    That'd be 35.
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    Using a total of sentences is rather disingenuous because there's barely any reason for doing so other than inflating the number for more clickbait. That being said, even their respective sentences are long as hell. Also, I'm not sure how the writer of the article arrived at 28 years total in the first place. The only numbers that add up to that is adding the total for the girl with the amount to serve in prison for the guy. Consistency™. Also, I wonder why does the woman get such a low sentence compared to the guy. And even when looking at them proportionally, she still has to serve less time in prison. Did the guy get a higher sentence because he was the one driving (which I don't know if was even the case, just speculating)? Did they get a certain amount of time for each slur yelled and the guy yelled more? Or is it court sexism in practice?
    Yes, that must be it. Evil legal system oppressing poor males. Most certainly nothing to do with who was pointing a gun at kids while yelling death threats. Sexism it is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

That'd be 35.
    True enough...I didn't really check the math. Neither did whoever wrote that article.

Point is...neither of them will serve 28 years.
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

I thought they were given the sentence just for being Neo-Confederates from the title.

So, it looks like a large group of them (of which these two were members) held up a young childs birthday party... with shotguns... while threatening to kill everyone? I
    m still not sure why they didn't lead with this in the story rather than "confederates shouted racial slurs". From looking at the individual sentences they seem perfectly reasonable to me.
    BASIC CAMPFIRE for WARCHIEF UK Prime Minister!

Quote Originally Posted by Linadra View Post
    Yes, that must be it. Evil legal system oppressing poor males. Most certainly nothing to do with who was pointing a gun at kids while yelling death threats. Sexism it is.
    Oh fuck off. The article in the OP mentioned both of them in all crimes and didn't say anything about the guy doing more than her. And you do realize that women consistently get lower sentences for the exact same crimes? Of course you don't. I also like how it's OK for you to cry about sexism against women all the time, but pointing out something that affects men negatively is a no-no in your fucked up double standard world view. Also, I recall making multiple suggestions and I still see them in what you quoted. So damn, it's almost as if I said the opposite of "that must be it". So either go back to school and learn to fucking read or fuck off some more with your intellectual dishonesty.

Quote Originally Posted by Sicari View Post
    True enough...I didn't really check the math. Neither did whoever wrote that article.
    Well, they do add up to 28 if you only use the time served in prison for the girl. I still can't decipher the reason behind that selection though. Other than obvious incompetence that is.
    Last edited by Mehrunes; 2017-02-28 at 10:12 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    In all the time I've lived down here I've never heard of a "Neo-Confederate" before. Always just called them racists.

Oh well, play stupid games win stupid prizes. Riding around threatening people with weapons and saying "kill all _____" deserves severe punished.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jun View Post
    Reading is hard.

They were pointing a shotgun at people; you don't point a gun at someone or something unless you plan on shooting it.

The sentence is well-deserved.
    Is there any video of that? Open carry doesn't mean pointing or have to talk nice.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hiricine View Post
    People have killed people intentionally and gotten less time.

Still, one more person I don't feel bad for.

It seems the threats were mostly how these two got convicted. Even under the most liberal free speech laws, you aren't allowed to threaten to kill people.
    Unless you are BLM to cops.

Oh fuck off. The article in the OP mentioned both of them in all crimes and didn't say anything about the guy doing more than her. And you do realize that women consistently get lower sentences for the exact same crimes? Of course you don't. I also like how it's OK for you to cry about sexism against women all the time, but pointing out something that affects men negatively is a no-no in your fucked up double standard world view. Also, I recall making multiple suggestions and I still see them in what you quoted. So damn, it's almost as if I said the opposite of "that must be it". So either go back to school and learn to fucking read or fuck off some more with your intellectual dishonesty.
    Somehow you've avoided the ignore, but now I'm done with that constant manchild whining. If that's really the only narrative you ever have, then I don't care to hear it. Especially in cases like this that has NOTHING to do with "evil government oppressing poor innocent men" Go back to MGTOW or some other version of male radical feminists.

i glanced the article, only thing i saw they did illegal was aggravated battery (making threats in a proximity which could be acted upon). i didnt think that carried such a heafty sentence.

i dont think there should be a such thing as a "hate crime", the motivation is unimportant in most situations; and one day that type of law could become so overreaching that YOU will find yourself on the wrong side of it for saying something politically incorrect.

Quote Originally Posted by Warhoof View Post
    28 years for yelling threats? Excessive in the extreme, that's almost 3 decades.
    It sends a pretty clear message to would be copycats. Don't fucking do it.

I am sure that with good behavior, they can get out early, maybe even before they turn 40. This might be a good opportunity for them to take some college courses in preparation for the 2nd career. Might as well do something good with their lives, they already threw away the first one.

Quote Originally Posted by chewie49 View Post
    i glanced the article, only thing i saw they did illegal was aggravated battery (making threats in a proximity which could be acted upon). i didnt think that carried such a heafty sentence.

i dont think there should be a such thing as a "hate crime", the motivation is unimportant in most situations; and one day that type of law could become so overreaching that YOU will find yourself on the wrong side of it for saying something politically incorrect.
    How would you feel to be sent to jail for murder, if someone jumps at your car to commit suicide? Now you see why motivation and intent are important.

Quote Originally Posted by Linadra View Post
    Somehow you've avoided the ignore, but now I'm done with that constant manchild whining. If that's really the only narrative you ever have, then I don't care to hear it. Especially in cases like this that has NOTHING to do with "evil government oppressing poor innocent men" Go back to MGTOW or some other version of male radical feminists.
    Way to actually avoid the points he made. Instead of addressing his argument, you called him a whiny manbaby. Good job, want a cookie?