Page 7 of 25 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by StayTuned View Post
    Good to hear that the article doesn't mention about 90% of these charges?

I'm having a hard time reading the article anyway. Is the author a child?
    A moron, to be certain; Google it for better information.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/02/27/us/geo...flags-threats/

No less click-baity in the title, but better written and with actual details.
    Last edited by King Shark; 2017-02-28 at 02:04 PM.
    9 out of 10 people agree that in a room full of 10 people one person will always disagree with the other 9.

Quote Originally Posted by Jotaux View Post
    Wow, someone got destroyed and is just throwing a tantrum over it.
    Maybe you should look at his first tantrum of a reply. Or perhaps that magically wasn't one, but mine somehow was in reply to that? Pretty hilarious bias I have to say, if that's the case.
    Last edited by Azadina; 2017-02-28 at 02:06 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

Quote Originally Posted by vexew View Post
    Meanwhile, a muslim who spits on a toddler and calls for the extermination of the white race gets 8 months.

How is this comparable to people actively threatening people with guns?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    How is this comparable to people actively threatening people with guns?
    Why don't you go to SA or some other muslim country and try to do it on one of their toddlers and call for the extermination of Islam and see what sentence you get?

10+ Year Old Account
    From what I heard, it is 13 years for the man, and6 for the woman. Not 28 years each.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

7+ Year Old Account
    Why don't you go to SA or some other muslim country and try to do it on one of their toddlers and call for the extermination of Islam and see what sentence you get?

So you're saying they got off easy.

Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    A moron, to be certain; Google it for better information.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/02/27/us/geo...flags-threats/

No less click-baity in the title, but better written and with actual details.
    It's the daily mail....I think it's the equivalent in some ways to Breitbart in terms of stupid stories they make up during a bio break.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencete...ming-data.html

Quote Originally Posted by Linadra View Post
    Maybe you should look at his first tantrum of a reply. Or perhaps that magically wasn't one, but mine somehow was in reply to that? Pretty hilarious bias I have to say, if that's the case.
    He put together a coherent argument citing facts, you threw a tantrum where all you did was call him names. The worst he did was tell you to fuck off.

Ah, a fine example of reverse discrimination. Just a 5 mins ago I was replying to another thread, raising same issues.
    I simply cannot believe this. 28 years for racistic insult? You know this is going to have an opposite effect, like raising race tensions ever more.

Honestly, If I'd been a little less lazy and didn't have a good job, I'd go out protesting this horrible decision. Reading this article reminded me of good ol' Soviet Union, it's a well known fact you could go to jail for many relatively(!!) innocent things there, like stealing a loaf of bread to feed starving children.

For apologists here - do you see a lot of blacks imprisoned for yelling "White trash"?????? It saddens me when I see how far this country has fallen in order to appease minorities.

Quote Originally Posted by Jotaux View Post
    He put together a coherent argument citing facts, you threw a tantrum where all you did was call him names. The worst he did was tell you to fuck off.
    A coherent tantrum with about 20 fuck words? That's not a tantrum now? So that's all I need to add to my posts towards him?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TwoNineMarine View Post
    I don't feel bad for em but at the same time that's an insanely long amount of time for shouting some words.

Until the day child abusers and people who beat others to within an inch of their lives ALWAYS get longer I'll have to disagree with the severity of this punishment.
    They pointed a gun at children, while yelling obscenities.
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    There is a problem, but I know just banning guns will fix the problem.

10+ Year Old Account
    28 years is a long time for shouting. But this does set a precedent. I wonder if we can get 28 years for some of the paid professional Black Lives Matter protesters...

So you want laws in America to be like Sharia laws in Saudi Arabia? What the fuck even is your argument?

Quote Originally Posted by The Emperor View Post
    Ah, a fine example of reverse discrimination. Just a 5 mins ago I was replying to another thread, raising same issues.
    I simply cannot believe this. 28 years for racistic insult? You know this is going to have an opposite effect, like raising race tensions ever more.

Honestly, If I'd been a little less lazy and didn't have a good job, I'd go out protesting this horrible decision. Reading this article reminded me of good ol' Soviet Union, it's a well known fact you could go to jail for many relatively(!!) innocent things there, like stealing a loaf of bread to feed starving children.

For apologists here - do you see a lot of blacks imprisoned for yelling "White trash"?????? It saddens me when I see how far this country has fallen in order to appease minorities.
    What saddens me, is motherfuckers who don't do even a modicum of their own research before regurgitating the same bullshit that was debunked two or three pages ago. FUN FACT: It wasn't 28 years; that was bad sensationalist math by an idiot "journalist" trolling for views. It was 6-15 for the woman, 13-20 for the male.

And they weren't imprisoned for "racistic (the fuck does that even mean; not even a word) insults," or flag waving, or any other free speech bullshit, they were ultimately convicted on assault and weapons charges, and terrorist and gang threats, on top of the hate crime charges.

And I'm not even getting into the last part, as that is just more bullshit you're spewing, in order to justify the rest of the crap you typed. Advice for the future: read first, reply second.
    Last edited by King Shark; 2017-02-28 at 02:55 PM.
    9 out of 10 people agree that in a room full of 10 people one person will always disagree with the other 9.

Godwin's law in the first post.

There is more to this story than the OP is telling. These people were just exercising there freedom of speech. People have done far worse at the funerals of soilders and gotten away with it. These people did something else to get 28 years.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's strange that I see people who do ACTUAL murder or violence do less time...

I think an appropriate action would be to sentence them for 28 years, but let them out after ~6 months. Let them dwell on it, and think for a good long while (6 months is a long time to sit and think). Make them thing they literally just wasted their lives, then tell them they can have another shot, if they do it right.

EDIT: It's not 28 years. At all. One person is serving 13, the other 5. Still a long damn time either way.

EDIT2: I'm not even sure where the '28' number comes from in the article, other than the article saying it. None of those numbers add up. Makes me question credibility.
    Last edited by chazus; 2017-02-28 at 02:57 PM.
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

only 28 years.. should be much worse.
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

Oh I see, it wasn't the party they interrupted that got them in trouble. It was terrorizing the stores.

28 years is cruel and unusual. They should appeal. Hopefully no time is served.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mrgummage View Post
    Chances they win appeal on First Amendment grounds[We can say we "gonna kill y'all niggers" so long as we don't do it]?
    Contrary to the opinions presented here, threatening people with a shotgun is not permitted under the 1st amendment.

Quote Originally Posted by Dangg View Post
    That's more reasonable I guess, except it would be interesting to know what justifies the massive male and female sentence gap.
    The man was the one with the shotgun.

Quote Originally Posted by StayTuned View Post
    Did these people get sentenced to almost three decades of jail time over something nonviolent?
    Threatening people, including minors, with a shotgun isn't "nonviolent".

Quote Originally Posted by The Emperor View Post
    Ah, a fine example of reverse discrimination.
    WHAAAAH! I'm being discriminated against! IT'S MAH RIGHT to threaten children with guns!!!!

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters