Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Orange Joe View Post
    It's not MMO-champs fault your government has laws that make doing giveaways for EU that much harder to do.
    Yea ok Brainiac

Quote Originally Posted by Wenoxar View Post
    While I understand your point of view, it's disappointing you ask for "EU only giveaway". What about other mainlands?
    Oh my mistake sorry, must of had another trail of thought in my mind then jumped, I was still in bed and not long awake I do it all the time

I meant, including the EU in the give away, not excluding the US.

Tbh when its a milestone event, it should be open to anyone on the forums, as long as there isn't specific law or regulations stopping it

Have to agree. The giveaways should have been for all.

Deleted
    In my home you don't actually discuss free shit. I'm EU and still grateful.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by spawny View Post
    Bit of a slap for anyone in EU that allows the add pop-ups to help support the site.
    Small slap i s'pose but pfft.
    Why would you ever allow any site to display ads on your computer? That's crazy and a bit irresponsible, because sooner or later you're going to get hit by a rogue ad. It's not really a question of if - it's a question of when. And that has nothing to do with MMOC admins being 'bad' - it's just how Internet advertising and malware business operates these days.

And regarding the topic- this contest should have been open to Russians, since that's where the best WoW players come from. The raid scene is dead in US/EU. lol.
    Last edited by mmoc0e47cbaaf5; 2017-03-02 at 09:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Swordfish Trombone View Post
    And regarding the topic- this contest should have been open to Russians, since that's where the best WoW players come from. The raid scene is dead in US/EU. lol.
    I don't think the use of hacks qualify you for being on of the best.

Deleted
    O well, guess you guys have to get your free stuff from somewhere else :P.

Quote Originally Posted by h0lyshadow View Post
    In my home you don't actually discuss free shit. I'm EU and still grateful.
    yay common sense. was missing that here

Quote Originally Posted by Jalatiphra View Post
    yay common sense. was missing that here
    yeah...this is general forums. nothing but whiney little shitstains who can never accept that something not personally tailored just for them could possibly exist
    Never believe you have seen the peak of human stupidity and ignorance, or you will constantly be surprised by the new levels the reach almost every day

It is kind of a shame that its US only for certain things. Look at this thread I created, I shows that 78% of the users here are EU. (278 voters)
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...e-you-EU-or-US

Given how those products are readily available to EU customers too, would it really hurt for the supplier to NOT donate them first and simply ship them after the competition.
    Last edited by ComputerNerd; 2017-03-02 at 10:18 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Deleted
    +1

Kinda sucks to have a celebration of 10 years, only to be vastly biased to everyone except to US

Deleted
    It's an US site. Reasons are obvious. Get over it.

Quote Originally Posted by Einst3in View Post
    It's an US site. Reasons are obvious. Get over it.
    There is another site offering computer products regularly, that given their favouring of a UK seller appears to be UK based - with some competitions being UK exclusive.
    They still manage global on most of them.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Deleted
    Well mmo-champion started in EU but it got later on bought by US companies. The fact that they have certain sponsors willing to offer hardware etc. is thanks to the ownership is guess. In this case I'm not sure if no-giveaway for the sake of "fairness" is better than some for US residents only.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orange Joe View Post
    It's not MMO-champs fault your government has laws that make doing giveaways for EU that much harder to do.
    It has nothing to do with EU or other countries' laws. MMO-Champ just can not be bothered to A) supporting anything outside of US and B) probably feels shipping costs are too high for anything outside of US. There's really not more to it than that.

You know, I was fine with the general giveaway on MMO-Champ being US only throughout these 10 years, but it was quite a slap in the face that the so called once in a lifetime 10 year anniversary for all of it's users is just a party for US residents only. The rest of the world doesn't matter apparently. Felt bad as someone not in the US who has been here quite some time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hmm, considering that new laws and rules of import/export, they are saving you a lot of grief on the physical goods.

It is only just recently become a problem that some products ordered ends up way more expensive in the run due to a follow up note of taxes and service fees.

So, sign for the digital give aways and enjoy.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Wild View Post
    It is kind of a shame that its US only for certain things. Look at this thread I created, I shows that 78% of the users here are EU. (278 voters)
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...e-you-EU-or-US
    Your poll aren't even close to having a useful number to display. 300 votes you have, out of 531.000 accounts, among them 29.000 being active.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    And here I thought entitlement from players was limited to just World of Warcraft.
    Really? Asking for fairness is entitlement now? It's not a foreign idea to do a giveaway for all your 'customers' for a 10 year anniversary, instead of only for the minority. Especially since it's just a money issue, of which I am sure they have plenty.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Your poll aren't even close to having a useful number to display. 300 votes you have, out of 531.000 accounts, among them 29.000 being active.
    Actually for a 90% reliability in a 29.000 population, you need 268 responses. For 95% it's 379 and for 99% it's 648. So yeah, you can say with at least 90% certainty that the results of that poll are representative of those 29.000 accounts.

Calculator and explanations: http://www.surveysystem.com/sscalc.htm

10+ Year Old Account
    The fact that I am still using MMO Champion 7 years later is a reward unto it's self. couldn't care less about the giveaways stuff they do. I am sure they would make their give aways world wide if they could, you guys gotta stop smoking the conspiracy pipe lol :P
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

Deleted
    It's a bit sad, but well, it's free stuff so I don't mind.