Page 17 of 65 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Artaxerxes View Post
    Time to deploy the forum weapon:

I don't get how that's remotely relevant. "Time's change" in reference to what?

America First = Everybody else second.

You guys are so left leaning you start seeing things sideways. You lost, get over it.

Quote Originally Posted by Renedric View Post
    You guys are so left leaning you start seeing things sideways. You lost, get over it.
    The guy got caught in a lie, I'm not sure how that pertains to "My guy won, so it doesn't matter!"

Quote Originally Posted by chrisnumbers View Post
    I don't even remember why we're supposed to hate Russia.
    I take it you did not grow up in Eastern Europe.

Well, if Clinton lying about a blowjob under oath was enough to get him impeached I imagine that Sessions lying about colluding with Russia under oath would be enough to get him fired.

I mean, he committed perjury by lying under oath to Congress. He should resign immediately, and potentially go to jail. Will either of those things happen? Unlikely. The Trump administration can commit any crime they want, the Republicans won't hold them accountable. When Trump said he could shoot someone on the street and still have support he wasn't wrong, he could literally go on a mass murder and as long as it wasn't Christians that got killed nobody in Congress or the senate would care.

From an outsider point on view : in the same jail as hillary.

Quote Originally Posted by Rucati View Post
    Well, if Clinton lying about a blowjob under oath was enough to get him impeached I imagine that Sessions lying about colluding with Russia under oath would be enough to get him fired.
    Clinton was impeached and it failed. Clinton served the rest of his term. Clinton said some shady things like "I did not have sexual relations with that woman." "Sexual relations" doesn't equal blow jobs. And my favorite "It depends on what your definition of 'is' is."

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    Clinton was impeached and it failed. Clinton served the rest of his term. Clinton said some shady things like "I did not have sexual relations with that woman." "Sexual relations" doesn't equal blow jobs. And my favorite "It depends on what your definition of 'is' is."
    Another case of you guys caring more about pointless and stupid shit than real issues.

He shouldn't have been in front of Congress for getting a blowjob anyway.

Hillary's emails shouldn't have been more than a blip.

But you guys backbend and obfuscate two different cabinet members lying about talking to Russian officials before the election in which EVERY US INTELLIGENCE AGENCY agrees Russia was messing with.

But blowjobs and email servers.

Literally, every single one of you that brushes this off has your integrity questioned.
    "When Facism comes to America, it will be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross." - Unknown

ANNND the first brick in the wall comes tumbling down.

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/0...-russia-235600

Attorney General Jeff Sessions told NBC News Thursday morning that he would be open to recusing himself from the Department of Justice’s investigation into ties between President Donald Trump’s campaign and the Russian government.

Sessions’ willingness to recuse himself from that investigation comes the morning after The Washington Post reported that, as a senator, he met twice with Russia’s ambassador to the U.S. during last year’s presidential campaign. The attorney general did not disclose those meetings, which came amid an effort by the Kremlin to aid Trump’s candidacy, during his confirmation hearings.

“Well, I have not met with any Russians at any time to discuss any political campaign, and those remarks are unbelievable to me and are false. And I don't have anything else to say about that so thank you,” Sessions said during a brief exchange with a reporter Thursday morning outside his home.

Sessions stated willingness to recuse himself from the investigation was apparently not captured on video, or at least not shown on-air on MSNBC’s “Morning Joe,” but was relayed by host Willie Geist.

“Well I’ve said that whenever it’s appropriate, I will recuse myself. No doubt about that,” Sessions told NBC News.
    This is a man on borrowed time. He's feeling out if he can stay on. He knows he probably can't.

Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    Russia and China have a deep and long standing rivalry. Pretty words cannot change the fact that Eurasia will not be able to sustain a strong China, a strong Russia and a strong EU simultaneously. The US has done an excellent job keeping Russia and China wary at each other for decades. That continues.

Don't believe me? Remember - Russia's breaking of the INF Treaty is mostly about gaining IRBMs to aim at China, because China aims that... at Russia!.

Russia would not get involved in a US-Chinese conflict.

Russia with it's 1500 nuclear warheads, and it's recent history of directly attacking the US, is an existential threat to the United States. It is a nearer term threat than China. I'm having deja vu going over this with you.

That's... fine? China's growth has also slowed to near zero in real numbers (never mind it's work of fiction numbers that nobody believes).

The US defense budget is going up. Besides, ours are better. This statistic you mention is barely important.

Frankly? I'll take our chances. We don't need Russia's help with China. That's idiotic. The US Military refuses on an ongoing basis to cooperate with Russian Syria, and you're seriously suggesting an alliance with them versus China? That's a joke.

Russia's our enemy. And for 2016, they need to be hurt. Badly. One day. Maybe under Pence or the next Democrat. But one day. They pay for it.
    1) The enemy of my enemy is my friend. Open a history book and tell me that is wrong.

2) Directly attacking? Never heard of a non proxy war between Russia and the US ever, excluding that Polar Bear expedition during WWI, which was more of a skirmish than a war.

3) Maybe there is some statistics inflation, but I wouldn't call doubling the economy once every 20 years zero growth. It is such a tortoise and hare attitude that led you to lose your light-years lead in the first place.

4) Ours are better? Ours what exactly? Please don't say your soldiers cause you cant even beat a bunch of religious fanatics who live in caves. Hell you are so craven you can't even find the courage to attack an enemy a tenth your size. What's the matter T-Rex is afraid of the rat? Also China's defence budget seems to be growing at somewhere between 10-15% per year (though it is suspected China understates their budget so no one knows the real figure). You also forgot to mention where Trump is going to find the money for his increase given he seems to be cutting taxes and everything else, not to mention his $1 trillion infrastructure plan. Again America is taking a tortoise and hare attitude here.

5)Russia is our enemy. China is our (potential) enemy. Refer back to point 1) please. We don't need Russia's help with China. Of course you wont, cause you have made them the enemy, and during the Korean War they helped China send that arrogant fool Macarthur all the way back to the southern tip of the Korean peninsula after he said he was going to kick China's ass. You Americans just love to run your mouth don't you?

To end, explain why the hare always loses to the tortoise despite its innate natural advantage?

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Sessions was a sitting member of the armed services committee. Him having any meetings with the Russians dealing with his role as a Senator, it would not be the same as meeting with them to discuss the campaign. The questions in the hearing were point blank about the campaign, not about his role as a Senator.

Bush and Marco Rubio were fine choices.
    You weren't in a coma or in cryogenic preservation between the years 2000-2008 were you?

The last Bush can be said to be America's Commodus (after the unbalanced Roman emperor). Another one is a fine choice? At least say put a bullet in Karl Rove's head first. Another in Cheney's just for good measure.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    Sessions was a sitting member of the armed services committee. Him having any meetings with the Russians dealing with his role as a Senator, it would not be the same as meeting with them to discuss the campaign. The questions in the hearing were point blank about the campaign, not about his role as a Senator.
    But Sessions made a blank statement. If he had stated that he met Russians as part of his current job, then he would be fine. He did not say it.

- - - Updated - - -

You weren't in a coma or in cryogenic preservation between the years 2000-2008 were you?

The last Bush can be said to be America's Commodus (after the unbalanced Roman emperor). Another one is a fine choice? At least say put a bullet in Karl Rove's head first. Another in Cheney's just for good measure.
    Jeb Bush was better in almost every way than his brother. GW was a shitty President, but Jeb would have been a bit less shitty.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    Stop.

He lied about it. To Congress. Under oath.

I'm not going to let you guys make this a different story than it is.

- - - Updated - - -

1) The enemy of my enemy is my friend. Open a history book and tell me that is wrong.

2) Directly attacking? Never heard of a non proxy war between Russia and the US ever, excluding that Polar Bear expedition during WWI, which was more of a skirmish than a war.

3) Maybe there is some statistics inflation, but I wouldn't call doubling the economy once every 20 years zero growth. It is such a tortoise and hare attitude that led you to lose your light-years lead in the first place.

4) Ours are better? Ours what exactly? Please don't say your soldiers cause you cant even beat a bunch of religious fanatics who live in caves. Hell you are so craven you can't even find the courage to attack an enemy a tenth your size. What's the matter T-Rex is afraid of the rat? Also China's defence budget seems to be growing at somewhere between 10-15% per year (though it is suspected China understates their budget so no one knows the real figure). You also forgot to mention where Trump is going to find the money for his increase given he seems to be cutting taxes and everything else, not to mention his $1 trillion infrastructure plan. Again America is taking a tortoise and hare attitude here.

5)Russia is our enemy. China is our (potential) enemy. Refer back to point 1) please. We don't need Russia's help with China. Of course you wont, cause you have made them the enemy, and during the Korean War they helped China send that arrogant fool Macarthur all the way back to the southern tip of the Korean peninsula after he said he was going to kick China's ass. You Americans just love to run your mouth don't you?

To end, explain why the hare always loses to the tortoise despite its innate natural advantage?
    Yeah, Russia interfered with our election to get Trump elected, just so we'd be more open to them helping us. All Russia wants to do is help us. That Putin is such a giver.
    "When Facism comes to America, it will be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross." - Unknown

Republican House Majority Leader Kevin McCarthy says Sessions would do best by recusing himself from the Trump/Russia investigation.

*dramatic music*

The knives are out folks.

I would like to know what the Trumpinistas were talking to Russia about.

Turns out Sessions met with many ambassadors from many countries the months before he became Attorney General.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

https://twitter.com/clairecmc/status/837272862432104448

Claire McCaskill‏ @Clairecmc

I've been on the Armed Services Com for 10 years.No call or meeting w/Russian ambassador. Ever. Ambassadors call members of Foreign Rel Com.

SO MUCH FOR THAT EXCUSE!!!!

- - - Updated - - -

https://twitter.com/jasoninthehouse/...90054385033218

Jason CHaffetz, Republican Chairman, Oversight & Government Reform.
    AG Sessions should clarify his testimony and recuse himself

I won't make a prediction as to his resignation. Don't get me wrong. He SHOULD. It would be consistent with Flynn. And if we have any respect for the law, he should be prosecuted for perjury as well.
    For consistency with Flynn, Kellyanne should claim he has the President's full confidence right up until the day he's fired, then Spicey says he walked the plank because the President had no confidence in him, and then the White House tries to smooth it all over and act like there's nothing to see here folks, which Trump suddenly goes and shits all over by claiming he did nothing wrong, and if he hadn't talked to Russia he would've ordered him to.

P.S. How the fuck did the media let that one slide? I know they've been bombarded with a bullshit shotgun so much they can barely keep up, but Jesus.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Jason CHaffetz, Republican Chairman, Oversight & Government Reform.
    AG Sessions should clarify his testimony and recuse himself
    Wow. Didn't expect that shitweasel to do the decent thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowmelded View Post
    Wow. Didn't expect that shitweasel to do the decent thing.
    It's less decent than it looks. He's trying to throw Sessions a life line.

What Sessions did is extremely serious. Regardless of Russia, it is perjury, period. The act matters independent of the content. And in this case both matter.

Chaffetz isn't new. He knows this is quickly blowing up and if there isn't a pound of flesh thrown down soon, Sessions will be out before long. It probably won't work.

We'll see if it is enough. Flynn was so close in Russia's orbit, that perhaps only Bannon and Miller are closer. Sessions is in there, but further out than those three. He may be replaceable.