Poll: What raid difficulty would you remove.

Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    I'd say keep all of them.

If they were determined to remove one though, I'd say merge Normal and Heroic into a single tier that is between the two of them in difficulty.

Off topic a bit, but while I'm at it, I'd also add in the option for a 10 Man Mythic... call backs to the WotLK days of 10 and 25 man heroics.

Quote Originally Posted by NadEFurY View Post
    All of them, set it to 1 set difficulty, remove the ridiculous endless grind reward system and build on said solid foundations proven in the past with a couple of newer Quality of Life elements with it.

Not exactly TBC, but almost like it. Certainly no more fucking LFR, normal, heroic, mythic. Just a setting, no name, it's name will be the raids name. Loot will actually have a progression path, and no BS with tiered levels on the same item, meaning you only fight 1 chance, and when you win, you progress, and not suffer eternally.

To be frank, I'm still quite wondering what was wrong with the TBC model....
    Gonna' have to go with this aswell. This was always my preferred model.

But if I have to look realistically at it, I'd say get rid of normal. With how easy normal is now, it's pretty redundant. It's basically LFR for "organized" groups.

None. Each of them has their own target audience which is good. They could use some tweaking though here and there.

10+ Year Old Account
    Normal since it makes least sense. I don't see any problems with LFR. Sometimes it's fun to just faceroll a raid.

I would remove mythic because I suck at this game and the fact that people are better than me triggers me.
    Hi Sephurik

I'd say scrap LFR, merge Normal and Heroic into a 10-30 man difficulty between the two, and possibly consider 15 man Mythic. I think the 2 difficulty system from early Wrath was sufficient and only needed refining. I'd direct the old LFR audience to World Quests and dungeons for endgame content.
    "Warlocks are the class that gives

we give all our spells and abilities to other classes"

- Bamboozer, from the Official WoW Warlock Forum

Deleted
    In my opinion with the state of normal right now, removing LFR is the best thing to do.
    It has nothing to do with getting a easy experience and see the raids.

And one might be faster doing a normal run instead of a LFR (incl. queue)

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't see the point in removing any raid difficulties. Serious impact on players without any gain for the game. It's a dumb question.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

None - but I would be completely fine if mythic was changed to 15 people and most fights balanced around 2/3/10.

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    LFR but only after a mass system revamp like I posted in the "you want LFR removed" thread:

LFR could be removed in my book IF:

- many servers getting merged

- vastly improved guild recruitment tools and guild management tools in game , forums and recruitment websites are mostly used by high progression guilds only and often not up-to date at all with the in-game sitatuation unless they are high-end or endless "bumping"

- guild alliances? (PvE oriented but can share pvp events, but no guild "wars

- improve pugging tools as well to accomodate non-guild groups

Removal of LFR would mean 3 difficulties instead of 4, could be 20 itemlevel in between.

Seriously, bring back some community spirit, and extend it across the game, guilds being realm-only is hurting.

Sure this will hurt Blizzards' precious transfers income but really I think it's better for the game.

Remove "Normal", make the current Heroic as Normal.

10+ Year Old Account
    all, removing all redundant content. keep the motivation for raiders to progress by discovering UNIQUE content.
    needs more work to make more unique content, but it's the best way to improve quality further. killing a boss would matter, instead of killing a npc with increased numbers.

discovering the end of a raid is extremely easy to do the next expansion.

Both LFR and Mythic. Normal stays the way it is, heroic is buffed up in difficulty just a bit.

If I had to only choose one it'd be Mythic, and that's saying a lot considering I despise the design of LFR.

None.

LFR I don't want to drag my Alt's through Normals or have to organize a normal because of silly ilvl requirements.
    Normal is fine
    Heroic is fine
    Mythic is the only questionable one, but it keeps some people happy.
    Quote Originally Posted by lakers01 View Post
    Those damn liberal colleges! Can you believe they brainwash people into thinking murder is wrong! And don't get me started with all that critical thinking bullshit!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rukentuts View Post
    I'm being trickled on from above. Wait that's not money.

7+ Year Old Account
    this is not really a new thread, weve seen this alot, but i will just link what i say in lots before here

this is ike the 80th thread about this?
    and a poll thread... without a poll...

no, i think LFR should be made into a "tutorial mode"

have the mechanics take longer to happen, but do much more damage, give the boss much more health, much longer enrage, increase the determination
    when a boss it about to do a mechanic, bring up a big messege o nthe screen like a warning "SCORP IS ABOUT TO CAST SHOCKWAVE, STAND BEHIND A CRYSTAL TO AVOID SPAWNING MORE ADDS" so on so forth.... i think this would make the mode much much better

keep the rewards, have them maybe be garunteed after X amount of clears, or doing the fight and getting every single mechanic perfect (doing X amount to the add, dodge X abilitiy, taking damage from it once max, burst X dps during the boss vulnerability phase) complete a fight without getting effected by this, you get this item, this mechanic that item, or just beat the fight X amount of times and get all the items (no titan/warforging, this way it stops the people in higher raiding from feeling pissed when a lfr raider gets mythic level loot)

this way people can do lfr, understand the mechanics and learn them, this way they know them for normal, and still are raiding, but on a training mode, and be rewarded for doing the mechanics correctly

its the difference of playing a fighting game against an easy AI, and an AI that just stands there and lets you beat on them....
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Deleted
    Speaking from my perspective, i'm in a kinda small guild (around 14-15 active raiders), the switch made in MoP from 10-25 Heroic to Mythic kinda killed us. Heroic is not that challenging nowadays, and we can't do mythic, so we're kinda stuck without access to the highest difficulty. Some would say recruit, but we're on a small RP server and there is like maybe 2 guilds that do actual mythic (not talking about guilds that kill the first boss in mythic 2 months after the opening of the raid).

So if i had a word in this, i would say, come back to pre-SoO raid system, it was so much better. Remove Mythic, give us back Normal-Heroic system with 10-25 difficulties, and keep LFR, some people like it !

10+ Year Old Account
    None, they all have their uses.
    <Semi Retired> - Recruiting for 9.2!

10+ Year Old Account
    I mean really I wouldn't remove any of them but if I had to pick one I guess.. Mythic? I don't hate hard content but this community gets hella salty and depressing over Mythic but I imagine it would be the same even if Heroic was the max difficulty.

Quote Originally Posted by A Chozo View Post
    I would improve LFR so that people AFK would get kicked and etc;
    I would merge Normal and Heroic, with dificulty in-between, because I think there is an overlap here;
    I would make Mythic easier, so that all the development time that goes into it isn't wasted, and even make it 15 man to be easier to group.
    Seconded. Normal and Heroic aren't both needed as Mythic is where the challenge is.

Mythic. Make Heroic much harder.
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."