Poll: Who is your favorite Orc?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Why is Garrosh so highly voted? He was a short tempered emo whine-baby.

I voted for Saurfang because he's the grizzled old war vet that would smack the shit out of that child when he acted up.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    Broxxigar had the benefit of being free the blood curse because at the time Grom had killed Mannaroth. Grom killed the strongest pitlord in one hit with a Gorehowl, Broxxigar had a axe that cut through people like paper and was weightless. Grom was no more xenophobic than any other orc, except maybe durotan and ogrim. The blood curse amped up his aggression especially in WC3 when he gets closer to Mannaroth. If you gave Grom hellscream the axe of Cenarius, he'd be one of the most terrifying things in WoW history.
    Ok... but Grom would never use anything made by Cenarius and there are a LOT of orcs willing to work with the other races for the good of the world. Also didn't Grom's bloodlust and zeal doom his clan to be slaves by drinking the Blood of Mannoroth? Gron was the 1st and don't say he could have refused because Orgrim Doomhammer and Durotan both did. Grom only thought of power and couldn't see anything beyond that. And one more point, Grom died killing a pitlord not holding off the leader of the Burning Legion, Illidan also killed a pitlord and lived, as well as some Blood Elves (not the same pitlord).

10+ Year Old Account
    Broxigar was a character as deep as cardboard with a axe from the depths of Knaak's wetdream. If you gave Grom his axe he would have probably killed sargeras. All his achievements are because of the axe, not him.
    Gorehowl isn't exactly just an axe either... Do you not know it's lore?
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably Gul'dan and Grom for the villainy and drama accourdingly.

Though I do like Saurfang's PTSD and how much it developed his character and his experience. Kinda hard to choose, orcs have quite a few interesting fellows.
    Last edited by Shampro; 2017-03-03 at 05:49 AM.

I'm going to be one of those rare chaps that votes for Thrall. He was probably one of the best characters in Warcraft 3, and up until Cata he retained his WC3 personality, mostly.

Broxigar gets an honorable mention, but there isn't much story on him so I can't justify him being my "favorite" orc.

Quote Originally Posted by Luperca View Post
    I doubt that, he could have done it with any weapon, I've never herd of Grom standing on a hill of dead demons, blocking their way into a portal and attracting the attention of Sargeras. Also Broxigar was willing to work with Humans, Dragons, and Night Elves to save the world. Grom was a xenophob and that brings him down a peg in my book.
    the axe was the only thing. it was empowered with literally all of azeroth's natural power. azeroth herself probably poured some spirit energy into that thing.

neither grom nor broxigar would kill sargeras, not with a thousand of those axes. the moment he was done with brox, he annihilated him.

as for my favorite orc, thrall's high up there because of metzen. thrall is metzen and i love him. that woman from grizzly hills is another good one, i wish they would have taken her to higher places in the story.

I'm going to be one of those rare chaps that votes for Thrall. He was probably one of the best characters in Warcraft 3, and up until Cata he retained his WC3 personality, mostly. During and after Cata, I would have to say Saurfang. I really dislike what they did with Thrall. Overall, though, still Thrall.

Broxigar gets an honorable mention, but there isn't much story on him so I can't justify him being my "favorite" orc.

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Schattenlied View Post
    Gorehowl isn't exactly just an axe either... Do you not know it's lore?
    I do, and its no where near the power of the axe of Cenarius.
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

Quote Originally Posted by Saverem View Post
    Why is Garrosh so highly voted? He was a short tempered emo whine-baby.

I voted for Saurfang because he's the grizzled old war vet that would smack the shit out of that child when he acted up.
    Garrosh was awesome. Deal with it.

Last edited by Ulfric Trumpcloak; 2017-03-03 at 06:01 AM.

The Lightbringer Rend Blackhand's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Garrosh, Grom, Thrall, Doomhammer and Ner'Zhul make up the top 5 for me.

Honourable mention for Rend Blackhand who has been my avatar since nearly forever, he was the first big raid boss I did where I was truly Awestruck at the fight.

can't see Mankrik, voted others

Deleted
    Nazgrim, the only orc I could stomach.

Pretty hard pick, I pretty much like everyone in the poll. My favorite is either Grom from WC3 (not the AU abomination) or Saurfang, with pre-Cata Thrall and Gul'dan barely behind.

Bloodsail Admiral Smallfruitbat's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Difficult choice! It's Gul'Dan for me -loved his development outside of wow -Harbingers and the audio drama. He's probably my favourite villain in the Warcraft universe.

Broxigar was a character as deep as cardboard with a axe from the depths of Knaak's wetdream. If you gave Grom his axe he would have probably killed sargeras. All his achievements are because of the axe, not him.
    No matter how powerful a weapon is, it is still important what the wielder do with it. It wasnt the axe that gave him strength and endurance to kill so many demons. The axe just never lost it sharpness.

By that definition, lich king were never strong, only his frostmourne... Ashbringer was never strong, only his weapon.. Khadgar isnt strong, only his staff... Illidan was never strong, only his twin blades.. See where Im getting at?

Broxigar was a truelly high skilled warrior with a powerful weapon in his possession.. but denying his strength cause of his weapon is just stupid.

Bloodsail Admiral Smallfruitbat's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Restors View Post
    No matter how powerful a weapon is, it is still important what the wielder do with it. It wasnt the axe that gave him strength and endurance to kill so many demons. The axe just never lost it sharpness.

By that definition, lich king were never strong, only his frostmourne... Ashbringer was never strong, only his weapon.. Khadgar isnt strong, only his staff... Illidan was never strong, only his twin blades.. See where Im getting at?

Broxigar was a truelly high skilled warrior with a powerful weapon in his possession.. but denying his strength cause of his weapon is just stupid.
    The problem is that we don't see Broxigar well developed as a powerful warrior in lore. Look at Illidan for example, he had already racked up a number of victories against the Legion and proved his mettle before he got his hands on the twin blades, same for the others on your list all of whom had accomplished some notable deeds without their famous weapons.

I'm not arguing that he's not a powerful warrior, it's just what we know about him mainly comes from WoTA books -where Azeroth is saved by Rhonin and his raptor army. I'm sure if he was handled by a different writer Broxigar would appear as the mighty warrior he probably is.

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Restors View Post

Broxigar would have died to the first few demons if his axe was a normal axe. Having a axe that cuts through weapons, ,armor, bones and flesh in a swing is so beyond stupid writing. To top it off is that its nearly weightless. How can anyone say he is an amazing warrior when the only feats we see him do is when hes getting carried by a literal plot device of a weapon. Its like Saying Jaina is the most powerful mage in existence and then using the example of her using the focusing iris.

With the Lich king, we see him skilled with combat outside of Frostmourne, we see him struggle to Fight Uther.

Your comparisons are bad because all of those characters had build up, all of them were written from positions of both strength and weakness.

Broxxigar is literately a power-trip fan-fiction of a orc that needs to be killed by Warcraft's equivalent of a God to stop.
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Somewhere between here and the sick, twisted world inside my head
    Every single one that is dead, cuz as we all know; the only good Orc, is a dead Orc.

10+ Year Old Account
    Kargath and Blackhand both have cool designs, and Gul'dan was a pretty good villain. But...

#garroshwasright

Durotan without a shred of doubt.

All the others either willingly pledged themselves to the Burning Legion(drinking Mannoroth's blood), pledged themselves to the Old Gods or did some attrocious things on Azeroth after attempting to kill off races native to it. The only other exception is Brox, but he doesn't have a good story behind himself as Durotan does.