Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    mario kart which even if you owned a wiiu it will most likely get a new round of dlc

arms

splatoon

and its pretty likely pokemon gets announced in april
    Still living that pokemon dream eh.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    mario kart which even if you owned a wiiu it will most likely get a new round of dlc

arms

splatoon

and its pretty likely pokemon gets announced in april
    Doubt it

Lol

A game nobody will really care about because it has no lasting appeal and isn't much different than the first one

Sun and moon were pretty bad

10+ Year Old Account
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MKq-s_iBzwA

Stream by spawnwave doing Switch stuff. So far, the kickstand doesn't break easy like people claimed.
    Also the Cart doesn't taste bad like people claimed.
    He didnt cut himself using the joycon wriststraps like one website reported.

Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    Stream by spawnwave doing Switch stuff. So far, the kickstand doesn't break easy like people claimed.
    Also the Cart doesn't taste bad like people claimed.
    He didnt cut himself using the joycon wriststraps like one website reported.
    I touched the tip of my tongue to the cart.

I can still taste it. It's awful. They must have some burnt out taste buds.

Note to anyone with a larger 4K TV (55"+) the switch looks like shit on it. Tested it on 3 TV's so far all 4K and it looks pretty bad, tested it on a 1080p TV and monitor looks fine. I know the console isn't 4K but even my PS4/Xbone look fine up scaled on it. Guess I'll play on one of my monitors for now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    I touched the tip of my tongue to the cart.

I can still taste it. It's awful. They must have some burnt out taste buds.
    He held it in his mount for like 60 seconds and kept on going. Said it tasted like plastic.

Quote Originally Posted by Iamanerd View Post
    Note to anyone with a larger 4K TV (55"+) the switch looks like shit on it. Tested it on 3 TV's so far all 4K and it looks pretty bad, tested it on a 1080p TV and monitor looks fine. I know the console isn't 4K but even my PS4/Xbone look fine up scaled on it. Guess I'll play on one of my monitors for now.
    I wish this was a problem I had :P

He held it in his mount for like 60 seconds and kept on going. Said it tasted like plastic.
    Like I said, probably has some strange taste buds. Also I would imagine at some point the bittering agent would lose its effect if it's in a mouth for that long.

15+ Year Old Account
    Jesus christ. This system gets worse the more I hear about it.

I wish this was a problem I had :P

Like I said, probably has some strange taste buds. Also I would imagine at some point the bittering agent would lose its effect if it's in a mouth for that long.
    lol I was thinking that in my head, talk about a first world problem!

10+ Year Old Account
    It's an issue when you scale up from 1280x720 and scale it up waaaaaaay too much. 1280x720 is not a multiple of 3840x2160 which means that it can't just literally quadruple the pixels per pixel... if that makes sense. In other words, just don't, lol.

lol I was thinking that in my head, talk about a first world problem!
    yeah, get out of here, I'm still in 2nd world gaming!

Quote Originally Posted by Remilia View Post
    It's an issue when you scale up from 1280x720 and scale it up waaaaaaay too much. 1280x720 is not a multiple of 3840x2160 which means that it can't just literally quadruple the pixels per pixel... if that makes sense. In other words, just don't, lol.
    Similar to like trying to print out a 250x300 image on a full sheet of paper I imagine?

10+ Year Old Account
    Spawnwave having NO issues with the left joycon. He went far away and tried covering it with hands/behind back and it worked fine still.

So the system runs native 720p? I thought that was only in portable mode, I didn't realize it just upscales from there... Like you said it explains why it doesn't look great.

Yea, the thing with the PS4 and XB1 is even when those games are only running at 1080p or below they still have high quality textures. Switch games don't and it will be even more glaring and apparent on a 4k display.

Also the console UI is 720p no matter if you set the console to 1080p or not.

Spawnwave having NO issues with the left joycon. He went far away and tried covering it with hands/behind back and it worked fine still.
    Just tried, but from like, a foot away, in a small area.

No issues so far. I'll go try again and get back to you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Similar to like trying to print out a 250x300 image on a full sheet of paper I imagine?
    Sort of.
    When you resize an image from 1280x720 to 1920x1080, it means you're resizing up by 1.5x. Issue is that pixels don't come up in halves. So they need to extrapolate and make 'new' information from preexisting ones via algorithms. It causes fuzziness and all when it happens. Now, when resizing from 1280x720 to 3840x2160, is a huge load of information that is not present.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Yea, the thing with the PS4 and XB1 is even when those games are only running at 1080p or below they still have high quality textures. Switch games don't and it will be even more glaring and apparent on a 4k display.

They will probably update that at some point. I feel like the Switch is just a late beta atm. Should have launched this Summer.

- - - Updated - - -

Just tried, but from like, a foot away, in a small area.

No issues so far. I'll go try again and get back to you.
    So jealous. I couldn't get a preorder =/

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post

That explains a lot, I didn't realize this was running a native 720p sadly. Man I wanted this hooked up to my AVR/surround sound on the big screen :/

Sort of.
    When you resize an image from 1280x720 to 1920x1080, it means you're resizing up by 1.5x. Issue is that pixels don't come up in halves. So they need to extrapolate and make 'new' information from preexisting ones via algorithms. It causes fuzziness and all when it happens. Now, when resizing from 1280x720 to 3840x2160, is a huge load of information that is not present.
    Ahh, I get what you mean.

Makes more sense now.

They will probably update that at some point. I feel like the Switch is just a late beta atm. Should have launched this Summer.

- - - Updated - - -

So jealous. I couldn't get a preorder =/
    Tried from several feet away. Still no problems. Curious.

And I do agree that the Switch feels like it was rushed out.

10+ Year Old Account
    So the system runs native 720p? I thought that was only in portable mode, I didn't realize it just upscales from there... Like you said it explains why it doesn't look great.
    Yeah, that's what the spec really notes. Some games run higher (1600x900) while docked but still, it needs to upscale.