Page 21 of 25 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Don't worry, we won't.
    It would rate it more likely that we turn back into a full Monarchy.
    Wow, nobody wants absolutist monarchies back. Guess fascism is unlikely for you guys then.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Triks View Post
    I don't agree with how Germany handled the refugee crisis. There were ways to do it without causing an international crisis but I won't go into detail. You were richer than Romania because of your colonies and the lack of Soviet "involvement" into your economy.
    I think it's safe to say that Germany doesn't agree with how Germany handled the situation. But keep in mind that Germany did not create the crisis. It was already there, at the border of the EU. Also, the outcome was not quite as predicted. The worst you can say is that Germany was a bit naive in assuming other countries would join in. Most of them didn't. So Germany is now shouldering most of the extra burden. We can manage, but I'm fairly certain we won't forget who joined and who resisted the call to help. Ironically, the countries that resisted to help are also the countries most likely to need help at some stage. What goes around, comes around...

As for Germany's "suicidal intentions", don't listen to the dude. There are quite a number of people on this forum that like to flame Germany and pretend we're either nazis or communists or pretty much ISIS itself, depending on where the discussion is headed. They don't actually believe it, they're just bored and want to wank off to some weird nazi stories or how Germany is betraying everyone, mostly because we're nazis or how we're turning into Muslim nazis. It's really all just lunatics talking.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Stacyrect View Post
    You say they, who is they, how many times have 'they' been kicked out for causing a disturbance?

She just eviscerated merkel there
    She's behaving like a peasant, but that's hardly uncommon talk among politicians. In over a decade as head of Germany, you grow a pretty thick skin. I found the rant quite interesting, being the first piece of Le Pen that I've actually watched. She does seem to be Farage's lapdog, doesn't she? Same old arguments, same lack of perspective of what to do afterwards. She's a joke, just like Farage is.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

I don't like this. Censorship is a dangerous path and not as amazing as they'd like to think.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    Wow, nobody wants absolutist monarchies back. Guess fascism is unlikely for you guys then.
    All hail King Willy the 4th!' Bring back the united kingdom of the Netherlands!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gPvP01IKylo

You say they, who is they, how many times have 'they' been kicked out for causing a disturbance?

She just eviscerated merkel there
    She didn't "eviscerate" Merkel, she was running her mouth. The biggest joke is her saying that the EU is a "slave to the US", meanwhile she is cosying up to both Trump and Putin.

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

I think it's safe to say that Germany doesn't agree with how Germany handled the situation. But keep in mind that Germany did not create the crisis. It was already there, at the border of the EU. Also, the outcome was not quite as predicted. The worst you can say is that Germany was a bit naive in assuming other countries would join in. Most of them didn't. So Germany is now shouldering most of the extra burden. We can manage, but I'm fairly certain we won't forget who joined and who resisted the call to help. Ironically, the countries that resisted to help are also the countries most likely to need help at some stage. What goes around, comes around...

As for Germany's "suicidal intentions", don't listen to the dude. There are quite a number of people on this forum that like to flame Germany and pretend we're either nazis or communists or pretty much ISIS itself, depending on where the discussion is headed. They don't actually believe it, they're just bored and want to wank off to some weird nazi stories or how Germany is betraying everyone, mostly because we're nazis or how we're turning into Muslim nazis. It's really all just lunatics talking.

- - - Updated - - -

She's behaving like a peasant, but that's hardly uncommon talk among politicians. In over a decade as head of Germany, you grow a pretty thick skin. I found the rant quite interesting, being the first piece of Le Pen that I've actually watched. She does seem to be Farage's lapdog, doesn't she? Same old arguments, same lack of perspective of what to do afterwards. She's a joke, just like Farage is.
    At this point I am willing to bet that most people hate Germany because you guys are successful.
    Remember kiddies, hope was the last evil in Pandora's box.

"EU Lawmakers starting down a slippery slope"

Only if you're a welfare burden leftie with idealisations rather than practical ideologies.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Moratori View Post
    I've just read the data that exists on various pages, such as WVS and pages about different cultures, where Sweden was refered to as being similar to jante something that was about conformity. Go and tell them that they're wrong if that's the case.

You bringing up what your government officials are doing isn't particularly representative of people in the country, it's representative of the politicians.
    Jante is the social norm that an individual is not extraordinary.

Being Swedish I have a fair idea of what I am talking about, you ''reading smt'', is honestly irrelevant it's as pointless as me saying all french love frogs and french women don't shave cuz "muh read it somewhere"

Quote Originally Posted by Spicymemer View Post
    "EU Lawmakers starting down a slippery slope"

Only if you're a welfare burden leftie with idealisations rather than practical ideologies.
    I'm not sure if you're using the words correctly...
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Safol View Post
    Jante is the social norm that an individual is not extraordinary.

Being Swedish I have a fair idea of what I am talking about, you ''reading smt'', is honestly irrelevant it's as pointless as me saying all french love frogs and french women don't shave cuz "muh read it somewhere"
    No, Swedes are very conformist, that's not some stereotype.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by GoblinP View Post
    No, Swedes are very conformist, that's not some stereotype.
    Still not intolerant.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    European society did not "fall apart" in the Migration Era.
    Yes it did, the societies completely changed.

There was no "European society".
    Apart from the ones that existed. Do you actually think that there were no societies in Europe previously?

The Migration era and about another thousand years of migrations and conquests is what created "European society" in the first place.
    They changed European societies, they didn't start from a blank canvas.

Look at your home country. Celts, Anglo Saxons, Romans, Vikings, Normans... England is like the town bike. The language we're speaking right now is so heavily influenced by migrating and invading ethnic groups that it's virtually unrecognisable as a Germanic language.
    So there were European societies previously? You said there weren't any You can't even argue a consistent point in one post.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post

Apart from the ones that existed. Do you actually think that there were no societies in Europe previously?

So there were European societies previously? You said there weren't any You can't even argue a consistent point in one post.
    I'm not sure what the sub-topic is about, but all of these statements are correct. Just for the record.

However, "falling apart" doesn't necessarily equal falling apart. Societies evolve naturally. The EU, just like any "nation building", is a rather directed and planned reforming of society. Whatever nation we have in Europe, they were forged under pretty violent circumstances. Be it the French revolution, the 100 years war for England, along with long family feuds and the whole shebang, Germany's war 1871/72 war with France birthing the desire to be one nation, just like France... The EU's difference, so far, is that it's a process that stopped just shy of forming a nation. And we've halted there moving inch by inch closer to the "nation" line that some, if not most, people still feel uncomfortable at this point in time.

Doesn't mean it's not violent on a social level for some fringe groups. Globalism can't drag everyone with them. Some lose. And those blame the EU for losing. I understand their problem. But they are fringe groups for a reason. The masses are largely undecided on the EU or simply do not care, since the question if rules come from Paris, Rome or London or from Brussels is largely inconsequential to them, they have to follow them anyway.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not sure what the sub-topic is about, but all of these statements are correct. Just for the record.

However, "falling apart" doesn't necessarily equal falling apart. Societies evolve naturally.
    We weren't talking about evolving naturally. It was the claim that Europe has had mass immigration previously, so that it should be okay with it again, without acknowledging that previous mass immigration was devastating for the natives.

I would not have been too keen on seeing Hunnish hordes galloping toward me.

Globalism can't drag everyone with them. Some lose. And those blame the EU for losing. I understand their problem. But they are fringe groups for a reason.
    The working classes in wealthy nations lose out, so it is unsuprising they vote for Brexit, Trump, etc., as at least those movements acknowledge their problems exist.

This is rather... a good idea to 'crack down' but sounds like it will be horribly executed.

The working classes in wealthy nations lose out, so it is unsuprising they vote for Brexit, Trump, etc., as at least those movements acknowledge their problems exist.
    Which problems, exactly? That they get shitty salary? That they lose jobs? Trump and co. have no answer to those problems. They don't want answer to those problems. Those working classes are being exploited. Yet again, I might add.

10+ Year Old Account
    Which problems, exactly? That they get shitty salary? That they lose jobs? Trump and co. have no answer to those problems. They don't want answer to those problems. Those working classes are being exploited. Yet again, I might add.
    Lowering salaries, yes. Increased competition for employment, yes. Ruining communities as well.

I agree that Trump et al have no answer, but they are acknowledging the issues exist, rather than sweeping them under the carpet and expecting turkeys to vote for Christmas.

Random working class bloke in Stoke is not going to vote for a policy that helps random working class Polish bloke at the expense of the man from Stoke, his family and friends, nor can we reasonably expect them to do so.

That it took the likes of Trump, Farage, Le Pen, etc to gain political traction, is a failing of the rest of the political classes to deal with with issues that we know have existed. I can't condemn someone for voting for Brexit, just because remaining was in my interests.

You really haven't got a clue what you're talking about. More so than usual, I mean.

Your whole premise is anachronistic as not only was there no "Europe" yet, there weren't even nations in the modern sense. Nationalism didn't come about for another thousand years.

And you're saying it "fell apart" (which you're now backpedalling to "changed") when in fact those migrations and many others afterwards is what created the countries you know today. That's the opposite of falling apart.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    You really haven't got a clue what you're talking about. More so than usual, I mean.

Your whole premise is anachronistic as not only was there no "Europe" yet, there weren't even nations in the modern sense. Nationalism didn't come about for another thousand years.
    The concept of Europe dates back to Ancient Greek times, that is where the word 'Europe' comes from.

Are you saying there were no societies in Europe pre-migration period? Yes or no? If no, then can you explain exactly how they benfited from migration, considering the migration made them a footnote in history books?

And you're saying it "fell apart" (which you're now backpedalling to "changed") when in fact those migrations and many others afterwards is what created the countries you know today. That's the opposite of falling apart.
    It fell apart for those native European societies who got overtaken, or do they somehow not count?

Your argument is basically that Europe as we know it today would not have happened without migration, but that is just a truism and does not acknowledge that it fucked over the existing Europeans. I don't really want to be fucked over, thank you very much.

[I]With the specter of populism
    Its a pretty sad reflection on western civilisation that populism is a boogey word now.

The concept of Europe dates back to Ancient Greek times, that is where the word 'Europe' comes from.

Are you saying there were no societies in Europe pre-migration period? Yes or no? If no, then can you explain exactly how they benfited from migration, considering the migration made them a footnote in history books?

It fell apart for those native European societies who got overtaken, or do they somehow not count?

Your argument is basically that Europe as we know it today would not have happened without migration, but that is just a truism and does not acknowledge that it fucked over the existing Europeans. I don't really want to be fucked over, thank you very much.
    She has a point. Europe and European civilization have been shaped because of different migrations be it from within Europe or from Asia Minor and the Russian steppes. The concept of Europe as we know today is what happens when various Germanic and Slavic tribes decide to be Romans. If we are speaking strictly about what is "European" - it's just the Greeks and the Romans.

Hell, without migration from the Asian steppes we wouldn't have Bulgaria, the Basques, Hungary, the political entity Russia, the Cossacks and the proto idea of a unified German state.
    Remember kiddies, hope was the last evil in Pandora's box.

Quote Originally Posted by Moratori View Post
    Good joke. There's nothing wrong with immigration. They'll do just fine.
    LOL

I seriously want some of the stuff you people are on. You honestly think taking millions of refugees (many of which are now unaccounted for) won't negatively effect the EU?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by koontakent View Post
    maybe if the USA stopped going to war with everything that moves in the middle east then the EU wouldn't have these problems
    Because the EU doesn't join in at all, right?