Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by JesusPlz View Post
    Honest question: if you knew the person who said "GG EZ" in real life, would you contact their employer, the faculty of their school, family and friends? Would you get their Facebook and start a smear campaign? WHAT consequences are you referring to?

I've been called a kid (I'd love to be 12 again lol, what a compliment!), and told to kill myself, or that I should have been swallowed. This is the basis of most stand-up comedy.
    I would ban them all. You for intentionally antagonizing people, and them for "go kill yourself". Perma ban. Maybe 7, 30, perma. Maybe. Just until people started getting the message.

I know it's a pipe dream. Might not be economically feasible. But in some instances I think it would be. WoW could probably pull it off, some people would even re-sub. COD could pull it off. They already paid for the game. Some might even buy it again. Otherwise if they get banned from COD 14, they can wait until COD 15 and see if they matured any.

Facebook could pull it off. Free-to-play games can pull it off. Eventually people would get tired of having to make a new account and find all their friends again. "Hey Joe Public, can you please message John Private for me and tell him to friend me, because I was a loudmouth asshole again".

I'd perma ban everyone until people learned how to speak again. Of course I don't have economic invenstment in it, so it's easy for me to say that I don't think it would be a huge economic loss.

Also it's not funny. It's not the basis of most comedy, it's barely the basis of some comedy. Comedy is funny. It's an art. It's a skill. Sure it pokes fun of people at times. Artfully and skillfully with great comedic timing. This bullshit is just distracting. It's almost exactly like when a kid gets up and tells his teacher to "fuckoff and die"... and the class laughs. It wasn't funny, it wasn't clever, it wasn't anything. If was one person being an asshole and everyone else laughing nervously.

Unfortunately a couple people actually do think it was funny. Then they do it. People need to learn. That you could even compare it to George Carlin shows that people need to learn. Perma bans for everyone.
    Last edited by Aurimas; 2017-03-03 at 08:12 PM.

"GL HF!!!"
    "You talkin shit?"
    "I wish you good fortune in the wars to come."

Quote Originally Posted by Draenox View Post
    I am referring to people being completely different when they arent protected by a screen in their own safe environment. I will bet money on 95% of the people acting like they do, wouldn't even dare acting that way if they were at a public event, a big lan or tournament where you could meet the other players for real - because it is common courtesy to show good sportsmanship, you have to deal with people reacting to your words instead of just shrugging it off and moving on to the next game. In the worst case scenario they might even find that they could get their asses kicked by the people they are trolling because entirely different powers are at work IRL, being a smartass in a game equates to exactly nothing when presented with real scenarios.
    I'm going to explain why a video game is different than sporting events and other irl competitions, including official e-sport events that are broadcast live. While playing a video game, events that are not supposed to be distractions at these other events will happen when playing a multiplayer game at home. Tell me you haven't heard these ones said often:

-"Baby's crying"
    -"SRY, gtg for dinner" (because parents don't understand concept of "five minutes, plz!!!")
    -"BRB phone"

These are examples of emergencies that happen during a video game event that - if they were allowed to occupy a player's time during a match - the session/match would be put on hold until business is concluded. In a video game, you will still be murdered because developers haven't implemented a "BRB" button that puts you into passive mode - GTA Online being the only exception. Players will not just pass-you-by just because you're afk, they will take advantage, which can also be interpreted as bad sportsmanship. Perhaps we should be talking about this as well, how players don't respect these little emergencies. Maybe we should also say parents shouldn't be able to play video games until their child can feed themselves and wipe their own ass?

But I predict that you care less about this dishonorable tactic of killing an afk player, because saying "GG EZ" is the worst language to be invented by the internet. This is from the evil and corrupt ESRB: ""Online Interactions Not Rated by the ESRB" - Warns those who intend to play the game online about possible exposure to chat (text, audio, video) or other types of user-generated content (e.g., maps, skins) that have not been considered in the ESRB rating assignment."

Basically, the ESRB doesn't give a shit what you say online, that's up to the moderators enforcing Code of Conduct. I don't see "GG EZ" falling anywhere within that scope.

A good game, or a gg, is when all partipants are evenly matched and it made for an interesting game where there was no clear winner until the end. I think that applies to anything competive, be it a football match, or a game of HotS. When one team or player rolls over the other, it's not really a good game - it wouldn't be fun to watch something so one-sided, and it isn't as fun to participate in. In HotS or WoW BGs I don't remember those games where we win in five minutes and no-one even dies, they're forgettable, as much as I appreciate the easy rewards. But I do remember some of the good last-minute heroic moments that turned the tides of battle and elicited cheers over Teamspeak, or winning fights against those self-assigned rivals you have in occasional games. THOSE are good games, the ones that make you feel challenged to win and that you earned the reward.

Anyway, when someone says GG EZ, if it's after one of those even genuine good games, it comes off as being pretentious as if you had it in the bag all along. If I won on a team-based game and someone said this, I wouldn't really appreciate it, since it just looks like they're trying to take personal credit for winning. I don't want to hear "gg ez" from the guys on the other team who barely won, be it by fluke, luck or skill on their part, or a mistake on ours - all the same, you barely won. On the other hand, if it wasn't one of those games and you do absolutely roflstomp the other team, you could say easy, but saying good game is hardly appropriate, because it wasn't a good game. So all in all I don't think there's any reason to say it regardless of the situation. GG, or EZ, but never both. It's contradictory and hypocritical.

It's hardly like I'll lose sleep over it though, there are more important things to think about, like ... literally anything else besides what goes through some stranger's heads on the internet.

10+ Year Old Account
    "GG" is both good sportsmanship, but mostly is an insult.
    It's not an insult at all. GG EZ is just plain being a dick for the fun of adding insult to injury, but anonymity brings out the best in people. Though it's definitely not a "You suck, kill yourself" and more along the lines of "lol you're shit".

I actually face-palm irl when I read about these complaints. I have actually slapped my forehead for real because it makes my head hurt less, or I go have a smoke to relieve the stress.
    and if people complaining about a shitty/toxic phrase makes you cause self-harm I'd suggest you check yourself into a local mental hospital also.... :P
    Battletag(US): Bradski#11752
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    What do you call a tsundere Wookie? Chew-b-b-baka

Quote Originally Posted by Bushtuckrman View Post
    The new generation are the most softest. Surprised that people don't get virtual participation trophy's when the game ends.
    They're not soft for disliking you when you're a cunt.
    If only I could be so grossly incandescent.

How old are you OP?

Because from your posts you seem like you're barely in your teens, and that explains a lot of your thought processes.

I'll just answer you shortly why someone might be insulted by 'GGEZ' with a scenario for you:

You work a normal day-to-day job like 95% of the population, you might have a long commute, and work 8-10 hours a day doing whatever job it is you do. You come home, tired, and relax and have a meal. You recuperate a little bit, still weary from the day, and play a game for the rest of the evening before you sleep. You're in your favorite online game, you're having fun, and then some pre-teen shit who hasn't worked a goddamn day in his life and is younger/plays the game more than you/has more free time has the idiotic twitch tendency to spout 'GGEZ' to you, a guy who's had a shit day already.

So that, OP, may explain why *some* people tend to get angry at 'internet wordz', because they work for a living and have to put up with teens, man-children and asocial types who happen to share the same hobby.

Quote Originally Posted by Reymoose View Post
    How old are you OP?

Because from your posts you seem like you're barely in your teens, and that explains a lot of your thought processes.

I'll just answer you shortly why someone might be insulted by 'GGEZ' with a scenario for you:

You work a normal day-to-day job like 95% of the population, you might have a long commute, and work 8-10 hours a day doing whatever job it is you do. You come home, tired, and relax and have a meal. You recuperate a little bit, still weary from the day, and play a game for the rest of the evening before you sleep. You're in your favorite online game, you're having fun, and then some pre-teen shit who hasn't worked a goddamn day in his life and is younger/plays the game more than you/has more free time has the idiotic twitch tendency to spout 'GGEZ' to you, a guy who's had a shit day already.

So that, OP, may explain why *some* people tend to get angry at 'internet wordz', because they work for a living and have to put up with teens, man-children and asocial types who happen to share the same hobby.
    So basically, this individual either needs anger-management classes, or should be locked-up in a psychiatric treatment facility if "GG EZ" is what will set him off after a really bad day. Alright, my age? I'm 31-years young!

But let's be constructive, here. Alright, "GG EZ" is a no-no. Are there any other "toxic" phrases that we might interpret as humorous, that should be banned? Do you not realize that a lot of shit that's said in-game - without even being profane - is way more insulting than saying "GG EZ"? Calling someone a 12-year old is also "insulting", although I consider it a compliment - I had a great childhood and would love to experience it again! What about calling someone who says it a "retard"? If you think about it, ANY negative comments said in a game-match should therefore be banned.

just lol @ a 31 year old melting down about not being able to be a dick to people in videogames

lol why is telling people

"LOL U GOT FUCKING REKT SON" toxic?

yeh this goes on the list of questions no-one needed to fucking ask, good job.

Quote Originally Posted by Gib Lover View Post
    just lol @ a 31 year old melting down about not being able to be a dick to people in videogames
    I have massive balls, that's why I not only have more honesty than any of you cowards, but I've been raised to have a thicker skin. I bet your parents have intervened in any confrontation you've ever had in your life. Helicopter parenting ftw!

Please post productively. Infracted. -Edge
    Last edited by Edge-; 2017-03-04 at 02:55 AM.

I have massive balls, that's why I not only have more honesty than any of you cowards, but I've been raised to have a thicker skin. I bet your parents have intervened in any confrontation you've ever had in your life. Helicopter parenting ftw!
    Excuse me sir, you seem to have a BenQ logo on the side of you

10+ Year Old Account
    Fixed that for ya.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

Quote Originally Posted by Gib Lover View Post
    Excuse me sir, you seem to have a BenQ logo on the side of you
    That's offensive speech, just because I said so. Seriously, what BenQ logo? I'm not that up-to-speed with inside internet jokes, so please educate a n00b like myself. Yeah, I called myself a n00b...you should tell me that I shouldn't have such low self-esteem and that I'm a winner at everything I do.

That's offensive speech, just because I said so. Seriously, what BenQ logo? I'm not that up-to-speed with inside internet jokes, so please educate a n00b like myself. Yeah, I called myself a n00b...you should tell me that I shouldn't have such low self-esteem and that I'm a winner at everything I do.
    Settle down.

Deleted
    It's considered toxic because you're being a dick.
    The concept of competition is that you face opponenents on your level. This, unfortunately, isn't always possible.
    However, the rules of the competition usually dictate that the person who is hopelessly outmatched has to face you anyway.
    When that happens, and your opponent shows up, willingly, to get his ass handed to him in a pretty pink ribbon, you should at least show the decency not to gloat at his embarresment.

So stop being a dick. If you faced a weaker opponent who tried, try to give them pointers and connect them to people who will improve them. Hell do it yourself if you can. Growing a player base helps grow competition. Unless you're barely holding on, developing competition helps you keep your skills sharp.

TLR The best fighters don't sit on an unchallenged throne.

15+ Year Old Account
    When someone says it to me, I slam my face in the toilet and tell myself to hold my breath...

Its a polite way to say "You suck" You could always just say...YOU SUCK, but that would make me slap my forehead too.

You're asking what makes it toxic, and then following it up with "I might say it just to be toxic."

Hmm.

Deleted
    It's far from Toxic. I hate that word with a passion at this point. but it sure as hell makes you a poor sport, especially the trogs who overuse it and utilize it in obvious conditions where the match was not at all easy. Fair enough if you steam rolled the opponent but it got to the point in overwatch where every jackass was using it in every match and, to be honest? I'm glad it's autofiltered out. If you're going to be a total shitstain post-win, then you are going to at least have to type out 'Good game, You guys were totally easy though haha.'

It's like if I celebrate winning monopoly vs my friends in real life and go "Haha great game everybody you were all so easy to beat though." Whats going to happen? Oh yeah they're all going to throw their drink at me and call me a frickin asshole. So lesson is, expect the same consequences you would meet in real life, online.

Saying "EZ" is the toxic part, especially if it was a close game and the winner(s) just squeaked by. No, it wasn't "EZ", you're just being a poor winner.
    Originally Posted by Zarhym (Blue Tracker)
    this thread is a waste of internet