Page 25 of 42 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PalawinFC View Post
    Why not use your ability last night?
    Because I have limited uses?

I can't see why rixis would lie about this. If he was scum, what's to gain from one more mis lynch. Unless Xanjori is scum with a strong power role.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Crackleslap View Post
    Because I have limited uses?
    Did y use it on night 1? What difference between. Might 1 and 2?

10+ Year Old Account
    I can't see why rixis would lie about this. If he was scum, what's to gain from one more mis lynch. Unless Xanjori is scum with a strong power role.

- - - Updated - - -

Did y use it on night 1? What difference between. Might 1 and 2?
    Yes I used it night one. Because I lived long last game and blocked a lot of kills so I thought I might be targeted. Didn't bother using it night two (couldn't anyhow because I fake claimed) because it was evident that I might be a lynch target, so I wouldn't be targetted. lo and behold I'm manipulated through night actions.

I think i need to claim fully or else people will put more weight on my result when considering crackles and rixis claim.

I have ability to analyse someone at night and determine their role. Night 1 I targeted crackle and got "no results - either your target had no abilities or you were interfered with."
    He could be a mafia goon (no abilities). I find the commuter role super plausible.

But rixis claim is super problematic. Crackle explanation is ridiculous. I believe he couldn't use his ability last night because he didn't claim. But then how could rixis see him visit dupti.

Either rixis is lying or crackle is a mafia goon who killed dupti.

- - - Updated - - -

Night 2 I analysed largehorn and was told his ability. I believe his ability is almost certainly a town one. Its possible I was bus driven but otherwise largehorn is probably town.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Crackleslap View Post
    Yes I used it night one. Because I lived long last game and blocked a lot of kills so I thought I might be targeted. Didn't bother using it night two (couldn't anyhow because I fake claimed) because it was evident that I might be a lynch target, so I wouldn't be targetted. lo and behold I'm manipulated through night actions.
    I find it very hard to believe that someone targeted you with an action that made you visit dupti.

- - - Updated - - -

I need to crash and I'm too drunk to figure out whether to vote crackle or stay on Xanjori.

Going to sleep it off and read others decision in the morning.

- - - Updated - - -

Power madness is a little complicated.

- - - Updated - - -

To be honest given the number of powers, and the likely existence of a medical examiner, I wonder whether a mass claim is best town strategy.
    Is not a fun way to play though.

- - - Updated - - -

Also I just thought - I don't like the "one other player" visiting dupti shit, rixis. It wasn't a protect role or he wouldn't have died. I think you should name the person so they can call you out if you're lying.

Hm. Scratch that, actually.

- - - Updated - - -

Alright, I have an announcement to make: I am the one who placed a spell on Crackleslap. I wasn't told what it would do - and I did the same on N1 to Razamith. I need Razamith to let me know what, if anything, happened to him on N1. Was the effect the same as what happened to Crackleslap or was it different?

I think Rixis needs to let us know who else visited Dupti on N2 since I feel like today's lynch needs to come down to either Crackleslap or that other person because between the two of them one of them likely killed Dupti. I lean more towards the latter, though, since I feel like Crackle is being set up as a scapegoat and that isn't helped by me targeting him on N2.

Urgh, 8 hours left in the day and Im going to a party in less than 2.

Graeham cooperates Crackle's story in addition to Pala's statement. This would explain why Rixis saw him. However, given the nature of this game I am not sure any of it would be indicative of their alignment.

As it is right now I'm a bit suspicious of Graeham because his role sounds like a Witch which is typically third party. However, as mentioned, given the nature of the game thats not really that strong a connection. Also it makes little sense for him to claim responsibility - unless to gain townie points by doing so since it wouldnt make sense for scum to claim like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Rixis View Post
    I watched Reti first night but nobody visited (or something prevented me seeing), so the roleplay he got was probably something akin too feeling as if he was being watched etc.
    For clarity's sake, you were told that you didn't see anyone, not "No Result"?

Night 2 I analysed largehorn and was told his ability. I believe his ability is almost certainly a town one. Its possible I was bus driven but otherwise largehorn is probably town.
    I would be very, very careful of assuming this based on his role, given everything we've seen thus far. Please make sure that you think he's town for reasons other than this.

To be honest given the number of powers, and the likely existence of a medical examiner, I wonder whether a mass claim is best town strategy.
    Is not a fun way to play though.
    I don't think it's a good idea. One intent behind alignment-neutral roles (in D&D, anyway, but I'm getting similar vibes here) was to render mass-claims completely useless. If someone's claim isn't relevant to the day-talk or mission-critical, they should probably refrain from doing so. All a mass claim would do is tell scum which players they should prioritize killing.

Also I just thought - I don't like the "one other player" visiting dupti shit, rixis. It wasn't a protect role or he wouldn't have died. I think you should name the person so they can call you out if you're lying.
    I think I'm leaning toward this, as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Graeham View Post
    I guess I can't get a break either way though. When I'm cautious it's me 'laying low' and when I'm poking around and trying to find evidence others may have overlooked - even if they turn out to be false leads - it's 'scummy'.
    You probably shouldn't be expecting a break. Someone is going to find you scummy for some reason at some point, no matter what you do. You're not the only one this happens to.

Alright, I have an announcement to make: I am the one who placed a spell on Crackleslap. I wasn't told what it would do - and I did the same on N1 to Razamith. I need Razamith to let me know what, if anything, happened to him on N1. Was the effect the same as what happened to Crackleslap or was it different?
    What do you mean you weren't told what it would do? I'm... a little concerned that you're targeting people with an ability that you apparently don't know the effects of.

Also, why did you target those two?

Quote Originally Posted by Reticence View Post
    What do you mean you weren't told what it would do? I'm... a little concerned that you're targeting people with an ability that you apparently don't know the effects of.

Also, why did you target those two?
    Razamith was the first name listed on Monkz' train so I picked him based on that. I had no idea what the ability would do, true, but he didn't end up dead - and so when N2 came around I decided to test it again on Crackleslap as he was a person of interest for quite a few people. I only learned what it did with Crackle's statement but hopefully by speaking out we can avoid lynching him in favour of somebody else.

If that ends up being me, so be it.

I don't think it's a good idea. One intent behind alignment-neutral roles (in D&D, anyway, but I'm getting similar vibes here) was to render mass-claims completely useless. If someone's claim isn't relevant to the day-talk or mission-critical, they should probably refrain from doing so. All a mass claim would do is tell scum which players they should prioritize killing.
    I think its actually Danner who usually says that games should be balanced in such a way that if everyone claims on D1 then scum should win.

Razamith was the first name listed on Monkz' train so I picked him based on that. I had no idea what the ability would do, true, but he didn't end up dead - and so when N2 came around I decided to test it again on Crackleslap as he was a person of interest for quite a few people. I only learned what it did with Crackle's statement but hopefully by speaking out we can avoid lynching him in favour of somebody else.

If that ends up being me, so be it.
    So dramatic. I'm not talking about lynching you, right now; I'm just asking about your action. I haven't ruled out farming for town-cred, but I am inclined to think that your desire to come forward comes from a good place.

While we wait for Razamith to chime in, what do you know about the ability? Like, not counting what you're deriving from Crackle's statement.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Catta View Post
    I think its actually Danner who usually says that games should be balanced in such a way that if everyone claims on D1 then scum should win.
    It's true.

Of course, we've seen games where, given the right timing and the right number of TPRs, the town can form an impenetrable, self-confirmed barrier that the scum can't get around. Having all of the roles be alignment-neutral in a game like this kind of negates that, though, and shifts the advantage back to scum.

While we wait for Razamith to chime in, what do you know about the ability? Like, not counting what you're deriving from Crackle's statement.
    Without copying stuff word for word: absolutely nothing - beyond my character being able to cast magic. She came to the village to escape ridicule because nobody believed her. To cast a spell I need to reveal any of my traits during a day phase to be able to use it that night.

I have two magic orientated traits, one of which I put forward earlier and Danner can confirm at the end of the day. But, yeah, we need Razamith and Rixis to come forward at this point. I hope they can both show up before the deadline.

I go out for one evening and all hell breaks loose. Well no complaints about a long post this time as there's a lot to address.

Summary of events (since my last post) to ensure i'm getting the claims right and the order things played out to validate:
    - xanjori replies to my danner link saying his wincon changed (i think)
    - crackle (from pressure, encouraged by pala) claims a paranoid commuter
    - pala claims visited crackle N1 with failed/no result
    - large clarifies from "survivor" to "survivor against some claimed trait" (but may just be wincon wording interpretation, see reti reply)
    - rixis claims watcher saw crackle plus "someone else" go to dupti N2
    - crackle claims to have been infected with a curse preventing his (next?) action; claims not to have used action N2
    - xanjori restates yes his wincon changed
    - crackle claims limited uses on ability
    - pala claims can analyze/see someones role (a role cop?); restates no result on crackle N1, claims got large's role on N2 and sounds town
    - graeham claims can place spell on someone doesn't know what it does; claims targeted raz N1, crackle N2

For trains/info:
    - Crackle's claims seem to have others verifying parts/whole of it. I cant rule on ability being town or scum because (as others have stated) this is a danner game where it seems any ability could be town or scum (see monkz blackmail). Theres still the rixis watch angle to consider (also in his section below). And a lot of movement around D1. I continue to have interest here but events unfolded and his replies are making me feel somewhat less on him.
    - Rixis has the conflict of N2 action/result, and not naming the "someone else" (yet, i presume) is to be considered. I have a little worry about a "tracker" which almost sounds too standard for this game (blackmailer/high-visibility vig/commuter/unknown-effect-sender/etc) but that's getting dangerous to start weighing ability sounding (cough pala on large cough). I treat this as high interest because if he's truth i dont want to lose a tracker who can net us actual info, but there are some previous concerns i have coupled with tracker/today's post (above) i can see a scum case here.
    - Xanjori has a confusing outstanding statement that i'm not seeing being clarified (wincon). Thats really the only real new info there so previous reasons/content still hold, and some voting patterns of both from him and on him. Its one where I have my suspicions but not sure how much we'd get out of it.
    - Large has the slightly changing wincon but from the reti back and forth it could be just comprehension. He's got a lot of interest around him, including a vote today, and the D1 alternate train, plus people's reads. I still consider him as interest though could easily take a back seat to settle other issues/vectors first.
    - Graeham (oh god he's talking about him again) there is more interest in with the statements today. Again can only evaluate the actual ability so far (whatever it is) but the ambiguity and usage i'm skeptical about. Plus see below. Big shocker i know but i could still support pressure/train here.
    - "someone else": the mystery person to be named by rixis is going to have some interesting vectors (being a potential killer and/or confirmation of rixis's watch and/or tied to rixis, and potentially other info today or on flip later [potentially not if NKed apparently])

I actually have increasing interest in catta since the posts today seem helpful but aren't discussing people or events as much as game mechanics and generic stuff. There was also a number of people mentioning catta as interest but very little action/followup from many. I townread catta (lightly) from his jokes/play early (and still think its less likely there's anything nefarious there but cant rule out) but surprised i haven't seen more weighing in. Its started me thinking more and possibly be casting my vote here actually if there was more time in day / not other events to consider.

unvote

Razamith was the first name listed on Monkz' train so I picked him based on that. I had no idea what the ability would do, true, but he didn't end up dead - and so when N2 came around I decided to test it again on Crackleslap as he was a person of interest for quite a few people.
    See i'm not sure i buy this explanation and have an issue with the stated reason. Either townie graeahm or scummy graeham could target me N1 since i was the only person calling you out/pressuring you vocally, so to imply my monkz train vote was the primary/only reason seems less plausible in either circumstance.
    As for answering your question: I did not have anything happen to me on N1 I am aware of. I did no action on N1 as stated D2. On first reaction I dont know how to interpret this. Does it only affect certain traits or like mind effecting? Cause my character isn't exactly the sharpest/most stable

10+ Year Old Account
    Quoting each post as I get to it, so this may come out scatty brained.

Well, seeing as the vote is between these two anyway and I've blown my load. The two people to visit dupti last night were Crackle and Xanjori, so if one is town, logically the other is probably not (unless two town vigi kills targeted him which i would doubt given kryll was a vigi too, as well as monkz, soooo many vigi !!!).

That said, if Crackle is scum, I Xan could easily be something none sinister that night visits (but couldn't prevent the kill).

That said, Crackles fake claim is troublesome (and i never even considered it, got i'm so bad), but I guess there's always the possibility that he is scum/third party so has a slight bastard role that a fake claim is shown as true and a true claim shown as fake and he can only night action on fake claims (true claims that show as fake).

I dunno

- - - Updated - - -

For clarity's sake, you were told that you didn't see anyone, not "No Result"?
    My recon got no result, either nobody visited or someone interfered.

It's not a direct quote (as i believe those are against the rules, or at least screenshotting is), but it's a very close paraphrase.

Quoting each post as I get to it, so this may come out scatty brained.

Well, seeing as the vote is between these two anyway and I've blown my load. The two people to visit dupti last night were Crackle and Xanjori, so if one is town, logically the other is probably not (unless two town vigi kills targeted him which i would doubt given kryll was a vigi too, as well as monkz, soooo many vigi !!!).

That said, if Crackle is scum, I Xan could easily be something none sinister that night visits (but couldn't prevent the kill).
    Yeah I blocked Dupti.

- - - Updated - - -

Vote: Crackle

Because if Rixis is telling the truth then Crackle was Dupti's killer.

10+ Year Old Account
    unvote

I dunno how close Crackle is getting, but I'd like to not rush the ending.

@Razamith: Yeah, I haven't exactly handled my role as well as I could. That tends to be the case when I'm anything other than a VT though...and when I've had a power role and done well with it then it's almost always because I've been scum and had a helping hand. For what it's worth, I really wasn't thinking much beyond you being the first person on Monkz's train.

If nothing happened to you on N1 then that just leaves me even more confused. I assume if somebody interfered with me on that night then I'd get some sort of flavour text to let me know. Maybe my ability has a chance of failing. Maybe it did something beneficial to you but because there wasn't a need for the effect to activate it didn't result in flavour text. I can only speculate which is frustrating but...

Blergh.

I guess, for me at least, it comes down to either Xanjori or Crackleslap for today's lynch. We've got just over 4 hours left until the day ends, as a reminder.

It's not a direct quote (as i believe those are against the rules, or at least screenshotting is), but it's a very close paraphrase.
    Interesting. No result usually indicates interference; otherwise, the result tends to be pretty straightforward: "you didn't see anyone".

And no, the flavor text did not indicate that I was being watched. I did not sleep well due to nightmares. If I take you at your word, my interpretation of this info is that your action was blocked in some fashion, and someone else visited me.

10+ Year Old Account
    His words said "either nobody visited or someone interfered" though. So nobody visiting apparently also returns a no result.

I find all that's happened since I've been gone to be rather surprising.
    @PalawinFC thanks for the answers.

And it looks like this point, we are between Crackle and Xanjori. But I think I'm willing to also throw out a third option for discussion Rixis. This is going to be a matter of who we believe.

I'm rather torn.

I would really like to see a vote count (I'd rather not try to make one myself on my phone.... lord I hate even doing this much on my phone!).

I think I'm going to make my determination based on that. Any one help a dunce capped wrong colored Cyndaquil out?

Quote Originally Posted by Razamith View Post
    I go out for one evening and all hell breaks loose. Well no complaints about a long post this time as there's a lot to address.
    Could you respond to (#439), please?

Also, can you give me your thoughts on the Crackle/Xanjori trains, given Rixis' recent revelation? I imagine many will want to frame the lynch between those two; do you agree with that tactic? Which would you throw your support behind at this stage?