Page 19 of 36 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Conflux View Post
    I explicitly stated "in this matter yes" those were my exact word.

I don't like Trump and think he is grasping at straws a lot of time, but I would rather tend to believe in Trump (for this single matter at hand), because we have actual proof that Obama used to spy on people a few years ago. (with obama meaning the US goverment)

What I believe still doesn't mean it is true or false, it's just who I would rather believe.
    - - - Updated - - -

That word has no place when facts are being examined.

Let's all ride the Gish gallop.

Quote Originally Posted by ohiostate124 View Post
    No it doesn't. Maybe misled is too strong a word for you. The intent is what is important in this case.
    He lied to the VP(and FBI), That is doing something wrong.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

While it is hilarious watching him try to blame everything on the Obama boogeyman, I'd be surprised if Trump wasn't under surveillance given his giant Russian fart cloud was evident even to the public during the election. What the fuck else is PRISM for? I mean, apart from just generally being evil.

Quote Originally Posted by CostinR View Post
    With respect: Obama did get caught with his pants down when it came to mass surveilance and lying to the America public about it. Obama also tapped the phones of many foreign leaders including his top ally Merkel.
    PRISM, Five Eyes, ECHELON, these things have been running in one form or another since the end of WWII. It's been public knowledge since at least the 80s. Every administration in every Western country in living memory has been complicit in their operation, so don't give me this cheap partisan shitcuntery. Trump has publicly called Snowden a traitor for revealing it and called for his fucking death.

If you don't like government surveillance of its own people my question is - what are you going to do about it?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by belfpala View Post
    - - - Updated - - -

That word has no place when facts are being examined.
    That is true, but I am not the person who is responsible for this matter, because I also lack the resources and relevancy to examine this case.

I am still allowed to have an opinion. It is not going to do anything. I am no law enforcing person, police, judge, CIA, FBI or whatever. I don't need to do anything with it. I am in absolutely no position to engange with Obama on this matter.

I can have an opinion and I bloody well have one and nobody is going to stop me from having an opinion (as long as I don't hurt anyone with it)

Deleted
    does he suffer in schizophrenia?

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    While it is hilarious watching him try to blame everything on the Obama boogeyman, I'd be surprised if Trump wasn't under surveillance given his giant Russian fart cloud was evident even to the public during the election. What the fuck else is PRISM for? I mean, apart from just generally being evil.

PRISM, Five Eyes, ECHELON, these things have been running in one form or another since the end of WWII. It's been public knowledge since at least the 80s. Every administration in every Western country in living memory has been complicit in their operation, so don't give me this cheap partisan shitcuntery. Trump has publicly called Snowden a traitor for revealing it and called for his fucking death.

If you don't like government surveillance of its own people my question is - what are you going to do about it?
    I personally love the fact that the NSA existed for something like 30 years, and only was spoken about in whispers, before it went public. But it was there, the entire time.

Imagine if an entire agency of government with a budget over half the size of NASA's existed today, and is only known to the President, the National Security Council and a handful of congressmen and senators?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    I personally love the fact that the NSA existed for something like 30 years, and only was spoken about in whispers, before it went public. But it was there, the entire time.

Imagine if an entire agency of government with a budget over half the size of NASA's existed today, and is only known to the President, the National Security Council and a handful of congressmen and senators?
    it probably exists today

Quote Originally Posted by Dadaloki View Post
    it probably exists today
    For limited activities? Certainly. For something as broad as the NSA which is basically "the US signals intelligence spy agency"? Unlikely. That's an immense responsibility, especially now. I'm not sure what could be comparable.

I could dream the US has had a secret Space Force (USSF!) the entire time or has a Stargate Program, but I doubt it

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kujako View Post
    ...... no?
    Their hero, Snowden, revealing Obama corruption and all that. Where did that enthusiasm for government transparency go now that Trump is in charge?
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Quote Originally Posted by ohiostate124 View Post
    FBI found no wrongdoing

http://thehill.com/policy/national-s...s-with-russian
    http://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-w...nal-wrongdoing
    http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/n...123-story.html

I could post more

People throw around the "Russian ties" like that means something. Having a conversation with a Russian or being in the same room as a Russian isn't proof of any wrongdoing.
    lol then why did he get fired/bail....cough...scratch the surface....ran before the investigations

trump is a great comedian

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    I explicitly stated "in this matter yes" those were my exact word.

I don't like Trump and think he is grasping at straws a lot of time, but I would rather tend to believe in Trump (for this single matter at hand), because we have actual proof that Obama used to spy on people a few years ago. (with obama meaning the US goverment)

What I believe still doesn't mean it is true or false, it's just who I would rather believe.

- - - Updated - - -

This is not how it works in reality.

Obama is not the whole government, and Trump has no evidence for his.

- - - Updated - - -

That is true, but I am not the person who is responsible for this matter, because I also lack the resources and relevancy to examine this case.

I am still allowed to have an opinion. It is not going to do anything. I am no law enforcing person, police, judge, CIA, FBI or whatever. I don't need to do anything with it. I am in absolutely no position to engange with Obama on this matter.

I can have an opinion and I bloody well have one and nobody is going to stop me from having an opinion (as long as I don't hurt anyone with it)

Opinions and facts are not the same thing.

To be fair the (any) president can order a wiretap Obamas advisor who said no president cannot order a wire tap is a moron
    Obamas statement says there was no federal wire tapping of trump tower okay fine, it only says Obama and the white house didn't order it.
    http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-0...ay-have-last-l

Quote Originally Posted by jon234 View Post
    To be fair the (any) president can order a wiretap Obamas advisor who said no president cannot order a wire tap is a moron
    Obamas statement says there was no federal wire tapping of trump tower okay fine, it only says Obama and the white house didn't order it.
    Which means the President didn't order it. Way to undermine your own post, then again the zerohedge link did that already.

Quote Originally Posted by jon234 View Post
    http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-0...ay-have-last-l
    President's can't order wiretaps.

The FBI can request a FISA court to do it, if they provide evidence that it is needed. But Obama or Trump can't "order" one.

President's can't order wiretaps.

The FBI can request a FISA court to do it, if they provide evidence that it is needed. But Obama or Trump can't "order" one.
    I'm not saying Trump is correct in his accusations, but to think that our government up to and including the president is not doing some backdoor under the table shit is naive.

Quote Originally Posted by TITAN308 View Post
    I'm not saying Trump is correct in his accusations, but to think that our government up to and including the president is not doing some backdoor under the table shit is naive.
    There are so many levels of bureaucracy in the government, most of them people in civil service positions, that it is impossible what you're suggesting is the case. "Obama people doing shifty things" doesn't get much further than outside the physical White House. It would need non-Obama people to implement shifty things. And when presidents, Democrat and Republican, try and do that, it typically gets leaked.

This is why Trump's War on the Intelligence community is BS and anyone buying into it needs a healthy dose of an anti-psychotic.

Quote Originally Posted by Pipebomb View Post
    Source? What do you mean "in some capacity"?

Investigating Donald Trump, F.B.I. Sees No Clear Link to Russia

https://www.nytimes.com/2016/11/01/u...ald-trump.html

Did I miss something, has anything changed since this report?
    That was fucking OCTOBER, More has come out on the issue.

7+ Year Old Account
    So hows things going with Cheeto jesus?
    Well Skroe, a couple nights ago on the CBS Evening News, Scott Pelley cited a poll that stated that 87% of Republicans approve of Trump's performance so far.

At what point do you say to yourself (to borrow a turn of phrase from Reagan) "I didn't leave the GOP, the GOP left me"? ( Reagan said that about the Democrats years before he ran for POTUS)

I mean, seriously, if 87% of the party approves so far, at what point do you say " f it, I guess I'm a blue dog Democrat now"?

You know, since the blue dogs ( according to their wikipedia entry and their own website) identify as center left to center right, which you cite over and over as the ideal moderate consensus.
    Last edited by Berengil; 2017-03-05 at 02:45 AM.
    " The guilt of an unnecessary war is terrible." --- President John Adams
    " America goes not abroad, in search of monsters to destroy." --- President John Quincy Adams
    " Our Federal Union! It must be preserved!" --- President Andrew Jackson

Quote Originally Posted by Berengil View Post
    Well Skroe, a couple nights ago on the CBS Evening News, Scott Pelley cited a poll that stated that 87% of Republicans approve of Trump's performance so far.

At what point do you say to yourself (to borrow a turn of phrase from Reagan) "I didn't leave the GOP, the GOP left me"? ( Reagan said that about the Democrats years before he ran for POTUS)

I mean, seriously, if 87% of the party approves so far, at what point do you say " f it, I guess I'm a blue dog Democrat now"?

You know, since the blue dogs ( according to their wikipedia entry and their own website) identify as center left to center right, which you cite over and over as the ideal moderate consensus.
    Of course Republicans agree with him, they also say there is nothing to the Russian thing. But they are wrong, AS USUAL.