15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Neichus View Post
    IBO 46 Solid episode. Down to our last few to resolve it all, and obviously not looking good with the defection of the Mars branch.

What I am waiting on is the explanation for the phrase they used a few episodes ago: "And so it all led to that fateful day." I presume that didn't mean the battle they just finished up, but instead what is to come. I have to wonder if Mikazuki will end up being a curse as well as a blessing, since it seems that he is setting himself up to go all out to try and save it all. If in his zealousness he creates a massacre that causes Tekkadan to go down in ignominy rather than honor.

I don't watch the previews so if some of what I said is already revealed I don't know.
    Yeah, I'm really wondering how all of this is going to conclude. They're in a really tight situation right now. It seems to me either Kudelia is going to intervene and save them somehow (felt like it was foreshadowed a few episodes ago), or Tekkadan is going to betray McGillis. Either way, I do not see this ending well for either Orga or Mikazuki.

I think the 'fateful day' could also be because of McGillis. More than anything, he has the most riding on this, and he is certainly willing to do whatever it takes to succeed. I wonder if he has a backup plan that is going to cause a lot of collateral damage (maybe involving the Mobile Armours?)

10+ Year Old Account

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't sweat the details!!!

I'm all caught up on the subbed episodes of IBO S2 on Crunchyroll (I primarily watch dubs because I want to watch the action-packed Gundam series, but by the time the dubbed version came out I was already used to the Japanese VAs and we only have six episodes left anyways, so I mind as well stick with it. Lot's of rewinding and pausing though), and here are my thoughts:

SPOILERS UP TO EPISODE 20
    My favorite pilot Galieo got an upgrade in the handsomeness and character development departments! Looking awesome with the cropped hair, smaller eyes and conveniently beautiful scar. Kimaris now looks gloriously badass, gonna have to buy the S2 version of it. It was heartwarming to see him apologize to more bland-than-Inhao-protagonist Mika, and carry the consciousness of Ein with him in Kimaris. I sincerely hope he survives this, but considering this is Gundam, all bets are off.

Almaria is in a tough spot, and while idealistically she'd escape from the insane McGillis and reunite with her brother, that too is too optimistic for this series. She's one of the few people who realized how bat-shit crazy McGillis is now. In the unlikely situation in which McGillis wins the war, I see her pulling a Princess Ovelia and killing McGillis or herself for real, leaving McGillis lonely at the top. Not that he he'd care, since he didn't give a damn about Carta and discarded his life-long friend the moment he needed a scapegoat rather than inviting Gaelio into his rebellion (Gaelio surely would have joined considering McGillis' supposed goal of cleansing the corruption and restoring honor to the organization, though we all know at this point that is bullcrap). Interesting to see how McGillis's past made him yearn for power so that he would never be hurt again. His promise to keep Almaria alive obviously isn't genuinely (did you see that glare he gave Isurugi?); it just feeds into his ego to help justify his blatant hunger for power.

As much as I hate to admit, but it's quite apparent at this point that Tekkaden is going to be destroyed by the end of the series. Orga hedged a bet on the worst possible person to side with, who will dispose of them once they have outlived their usefulness and McGillis needs another scapegoat in the aftermath. McGillis also knows darn well that in a post-reformed Gjallhorn, Tekkaden would be a serious threat to him, and he'd take any chance to solidify his power base and get rid of Tekkaden before they had a chance to react. It's quite sad to see that nobody has the guts to stand up to Orga and tell him that this is a mistake. Biscuit would have done so in a heartbeat. Doesn't help either that Tekkaden believes in the sunk-cost-fallacy and believes that they must continue on this destructive path to make the deaths of their comrades mean something.

Rustal is quickly becoming one of my most favorite characters in the show; unlikely most antagonistic commanders in fiction, Rustal actually has the brains and strategic talent to backup his proud demeanor. He's clearly not the villain here; his job is to put down the insurrection and he's going to be pragmatic about it. He's not going to hold punches, but he's not going to kill people for the evulz. His tactics are brilliant, and at this rate he'll win the war, though this being Gundam I doubt that's going to last for much longer. Will probably be dead by the end of the season.

Lok has been getting serious character development, and is also becoming another favorite. He truly cares about his men, and he took full responsibility for his actions to prevent them from being prosecuted for his actions. He firmly believes in the ideal of what Gjallhorn SHOULD be, and certainly tries to live up to that ideal, even if he believes that the ends justifies the means. Rustal set him straight on that note, and he's quickly on the road to becoming a great leader of Gjallhorn after the war in the event all of the other house heads die.

I will be sad when this series ends, because I love both Tekkaden and Gjallhorn, but the fact that one side is going to lose by the end of this means I'll be sad for the losing team. I can only hope that Tekkaden pulls out of the rebellion and joins Rustal (Lok and Gaelio would grant them amnesty and would surely give them the freedoms that they were seeking for Mars, and Rustal is too pragmatic to turn that offer down during a crisis such as this), and unite against McGillis, but again, too optimistic.

RIP Shino, who died in vain. Juiletta MVP! Also loved how Lok stood in front of Rustal trying to protect his master, even though a direct hit wouldn't have mattered. Can't wait for space Guts - I mean Gaelio - to get his revenge upon space Griffith - I mean McGillis - and save space Casca - I mean Almaria!

10+ Year Old Account
    Berserk - what a good ending to an anime that doesn't have a sequel to continue it, reboot, or manga that it's adapted from! /s
    [CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post

Let's give this individual the benefit of the doubt and say this is sarcasm at best.

15+ Year Old Account

Spoiler: 

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Valyrian the Moofia Boss View Post
    gundam ibo Lok has been getting serious character development, and is also becoming another favorite. He truly cares about his men, and he took full responsibility for his actions to prevent them from being prosecuted for his actions. He firmly believes in the ideal of what Gjallhorn SHOULD be, and certainly tries to live up to that ideal, even if he believes that the ends justifies the means. Rustal set him straight on that note, and he's quickly on the road to becoming a great leader of Gjallhorn after the war in the event all of the other house heads die.
    sorry but this literally made me laugh out loud

Quote Originally Posted by Sesto View Post
    sorry but this literally made me laugh out loud
    Why can't people have faith in Lok?

Quote Originally Posted by Valyrian the Moofia Boss View Post
    I'm all caught up on the subbed episodes of IBO S2 on Crunchyroll...]
    We have a very different view of how this series is unfolding. It's kind of fun. Unfortunately can't say much because explaining it would involve spoiling through 26 on you, so I need to wait for now. I do agree with Sesto, though, that Iok is...a doofus. (It's LoK for you? I swear the translation I'm watching is Iok)

Quote Originally Posted by Neichus View Post
    We have a very different view of how this series is unfolding. It's kind of fun. Unfortunately can't say much because explaining it would involve spoiling through 26 on you, so I need to wait for now. I do agree with Sesto, though, that Iok is...a doofus. (It's LoK for you? I swear the translation I'm watching is Iok)
    I never realized that was an "I" instead of an "L"!

1st Macross 35th Anniversary Project announced. Sheryl Nome new song & film (MV) by Sankyo to premiere in 6 days in Shinjuku & Akiba

https://twitter.com/giantrobo/status/838617454540533760

https://twitter.com/magazine_pash/st...84944704143360

@UnifiedDivide List of CN's coming to Qidian international. There are a few good ones in there, though not that many, and I'm really skeptical about some of the translators and their past translation quality, hope they'll at least get good editors.

10+ Year Old Account

http://shrani.si/f/X/o5/1gtkLnnu/wat...itch-acade.jpg (big)

Is it just me or is this a team foretress reference?
    http://knowyourmeme.com/memes/gibus

The story also had a ghoust.
    Don't sweat the details!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    So I'm forcing my wife to watch SAO with me this Thursday, and I want to dig in deep on this one - has there been any word about release dates for Your Name or Silent Voice in theaters in the US? From previous news, I think I saw Your Name for beginning of April but nothing on Silent Voice so far. Any information I may be missing that can help doom my wife to a life of weeb?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pejo View Post
    So I'm forcing my wife to watch SAO with me this Thursday, and I want to dig in deep on this one - has there been any word about release dates for Your Name or Silent Voice in theaters in the US? From previous news, I think I saw Your Name for beginning of April but nothing on Silent Voice so far. Any information I may be missing that can help doom my wife to a life of weeb?
    Your Name is just a wait for theater lists.

Silent Voice is listed for ~22 countries, but America has not been announced as one yet, and the BD's are coming out in June, which gives us ~3-4 months for an announcement, listing, and then show date before it becomes pointless to go to the theaters to watch. I still have hope though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lets hope they remember to edit the stuff before it goes live

They do apparently have editors, at least.
    This is "Commanding Wind and Cloud:
    Author: Skyscraper
    Translator: Udong
    Editor: IceTea

Guess it depends on if the editor is any good or not.
    Like Epuration and I found out, not all of their editors are good. Read all 10 chapters of Sacred Ruins myself, mainly because it's one of Chen Dong's works, and let's just say that the editing isn't always on point.

Check the Chaina channel in discord if you wanna see some examples.

15+ Year Old Account
    Gabriel Dropout 09 - Vigne singing was 2cute4me