Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lartok View Post
    Hardcore players aren't the only ones that promote the game. In fact if Blizzard made it so the hardest of hardcore players had to sink less time in to the game to be 'optimal' then what are they going to promote the game with?
    In short term they will stream AP farm, in long term they'll be done with game completely instead of creating hype with every patch release. Also PvP isn't most popular activity for viewers for a long time already.

i sort of like the idea behind the AP system but it's execution is honestly laughable. i like the idea of having something to work towards that takes time (like MoP/WoD legendaries) mostly because they had a cap, so you do what you need to do for the week and can be done with it until next week. the AP system has no cap, and as seen with mythic helya where 35 traits was a must and mythic NH where 54 traits after 3/10M is a must, you will be basically required to meet that trait level if you want to be in a competitive guild, and that takes a lot of time.

People that hit 54 before NH was released know the feeling, and all the people that hit 54 a month ago or are not even 54 yet just don't understand because they're not on the same competitive level as others, which is fine. But i hate when those people come in saying "no one forced you to do it blah blah", and they just somehow cant grasp the fact that currently the game demands significantly more time invested in order to be at a similar competitive level compared to previous expansions (cata, wod mop, didnt raid prior to that) I do enjoy the early push to gear for the first raid, and then you could just sort of cruise along while remaining very competitive, but that doesn't exist anymore, because after investing a lot of time to max out my weapon (for ONE spec as well, like, im stuck with one spec competitively because i have no legendaries/ap for other specs, so dumb) only to have to repeat that grind to a higher level next patch.

after hitting 54 before nighthold, i have only done my 1 weekly mythic+ because i just dont have the time or motivation to do anymore for AP in my offspec or the off chance at gear. Not sure if I will continue next patch if i have to get back on the grind in order to meet the goals i was meeting in previous expansions with must less time invested.

Also as everyone already knows, the gearing system is another huge issue. The legendary system is obviously one of the worst things the devs have ever implemented, i think a large majority of the PvE people would agree with that, and that's coming from someone with double BiS legendaries with only 4 legendaries total on my main. however the war/titanforge system has gotten ridiculously out of hand. 5-10 levels of forge I really would not have that much of a problem with, because even though it is an upgrade it's not huge, but having things upgrade 20, 30 or 40+ item levels is laughable

Classsic is not the answer anymore
    Xenodrake (Shadowpriest) <Infallible>US 7th (T13) US 12th (T12) US 7th (T11)

Anticipation of Death is worse then Death itself.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by liquidfear View Post
    Also as everyone already knows, the gearing system is another huge issue. The legendary system is obviously one of the worst things the devs have ever implemented
    I feel that legendary system could've been fine in next expansion. Or one after. With ability to target proper slot. But not with AP system. Too many things are forcing you to play one spec of one character in a system where you are already permanently behind.