Page 8 of 41 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    Trump's victory has been beneficial to the UK's position over Brexit, mainly because he leads the most wealthy nation in the world and hates the EU.
    Oh no please, continue.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Oh no please, continue.
    The statement is stand alone, it doesn't require expansion.

15+ Year Old Account
    Oh no please, continue.
    The US are going to make up for all the lost exports to the EU or something like that.. i guess.
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

We in the US will always welcome our brothers from the UK. Useful, productive, and loyal allies are difficult to find. We won't ask them to devastate their sovereignty to play ball either.

Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
    What is the number behind very few?
    No idea, less than 10% i would imagine

And for staying competitive you´ll have to pay a price, a price you right now don´t have to pay.
    The point is everyone will pay a price to some degree.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by tollshot View Post
    May wants a hard brexit, in line with the wishes of the brexit muppets, so Hollande is simply stating the obvious.
    I wouldn't read too much into what is being said at the moment, much like what Sturgeon is saying regarding indeyref2. Just when is she going to call another referendum?

The statement is stand alone, it doesn't require expansion.
    No really, in what ways will it be beneficial? Specifically. Since you're so convinced, I'm sure it won't be difficult for you to expand on that vapid comment.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockyreg View Post
    No idea, less than 10% i would imagine
    Estimates are that 8% directly export to the EU, but 15% are in the supply chains of those 8% adding up to 23% or in numbers 1.2 mio companies affected.

The point is everyone will pay a price to some degree.
    How is this a good thing?
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

Trump's victory has been beneficial to the UK's position over Brexit, mainly because he leads the most wealthy nation in the world and hates the EU.

Shortbread sales will plummet.
    The EU is the biggest economy in the world and how much does the actions of Trump really mean towards the EU when 5 mins later his VP has to clean up the crap trump is making.

Their are 2 sides of the Trump administration, the idiot side that likes to break stuf because his overlord told him so (Bannon) and the ''oh god we have to clean this shit up again and where is his Android Phone'' side (the VP, his son-in-law/daugther) side.

And it's so god dam funny that the Brexit camp thinks trump is good for them. I mean come on dude why are you ignoring ''America first'' slogan......in what part of this do you think that a strong UK is any good for the US?

Quote Originally Posted by Tommo View Post
    You guys already kind of do.
    "Kind of" pretty much is like say "you haven't but since it doesn't support my case". Typically EU dumbo jumbo. You got nothing but words. If I were you I would worry more about the flood of Islam coming in than someone you hold in such low esteem leaving.

The US are going to make up for all the lost exports to the EU or something like that.. i guess.
    Right? Because the US is super friendly to foreign imports right now. Trump is a big advocate of... oh.

If only the original article had mentioned... oh wait, it did.

10+ Year Old Account
    If irony could kill, the planet would be in dust.

Fuck I sometimes love this Brexit stuff, heres hoping we arent too small, too poor or too stupid to succeed with negotiations.
    Scotland would have been the poor, small party in any independence negotiation, yet you voted for that.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    It is much harder to follow the regulations outside the single market though. The UK companies will be at a constant negotiating disadvantage. The important thing is; the UK contingent to the EU parliament supported the majority rulings for the significant majority of those rulings; i.e. there was a great level of alignment between your elected officials to the EU and the parliament in general. Honestly this largely indicates that the ones you should be mad at are not the EU parliament but rather the people you elected to go there. But as with most EU states the UK electorate probably barely paid attention on who they elected for the EU parliament.

And again the big loser of Brexit is most likely to be the City. I would expect that most people who voted for Leave probably do not hold the City in high esteem but it will not go well for the rest of the country if the City suffers.
    UK businesses have to adhere to all regulations when selling products outside of the EU too. I don't ever hear that this is a massive problem.

- - - Updated - - -

Estimates are that 8% directly export to the EU, but 15% are in the supply chains of those 8% adding up to 23% or in numbers 1.2 mio companies affected.

So not a huge amount then.

How is this a good thing?
    Its not, its a terrible thing which is why most people wouldn't want it to happen. All the more reason to not stray to far away from how things currently are, the trouble is politics may get in the way.

10+ Year Old Account
    No really, in what ways will it be beneficial? Specifically. Since you're so convinced, I'm sure it won't be difficult for you to expand on that vapid comment.
    Britain will be negotiating trade deals, Trump being obviously pro-UK is therefore beneficial to the UK and he won't be strong armed into holding off in order to strengthen the EU's position, which is again beneficial for the UK.

Is it really that difficult for you to understand?

From the article...

So they are effectively calling for a fine on leaving the EU, good luck with that.

And they want assurances for EU citizens? That has been offered by Theresa May, on the condition that British citizen's rights are upheld, so the ball is in their court.
    Well, fair or not, the EU has much to loose atm, so their most rational course of action right now is to punish and destroy britain as much as humanly possible.

If the UK comes clamoring back after having been turned into a 3rd world country, that will strenghten the EU and allow for more integration.

Thats what Brussels wants.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yggdrasil View Post
    "Kind of" pretty much is like say "you haven't but since it doesn't support my case". Typically EU dumbo jumbo. You got nothing but words. If I were you I would worry more about the flood of Islam coming in than someone you hold in such low esteem leaving.
    Very few Muslims go to Scotland, very few immigrants go to Scotland of any creed. They still claim to be more tolerant than the English, though reality states otherwise.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Magicpot View Post
    Well, fair or not, the EU has much to loose atm, so their most rational course of action right now is to punish and destroy britain as much as humanly possible.
    That is not rational. The UK is heavily intertwined with EU economies, so damaging Britain will damage the EU. Ireland would be well and truly fucked if the EU tried that.

Do you realise how much investment the UK has in continental Europe?

If the UK comes clamoring back after having been turned into a 3rd world country, that will strenghten the EU and allow for more integration.
    If alien Nazis from Alpha Centauri invade, then we are all doomed, but that isn't going to happen either.

Very few Muslims go to Scotland, very few immigrants go to Scotland of any creed. They still claim to be more tolerant than the English, though reality states otherwise.
    Still taken in a third of the Syrian refugees although I'm not sure how you got to Scotland from the post you're quoting. Finally given up on one-nation toryism I guess.

15+ Year Old Account

So not a huge amount then.

Its not, its a terrible thing which is why most people wouldn't want it to happen. All the more reason to not stray to far away from how things currently are, the trouble is politics may get in the way.
    1.2 mio companies affected by upcoming negotiations isn´t a huge amount, debatable but ok. I do hope the UK aren´t left behind.

Quote Originally Posted by Ulmita View Post
    No one is punishing anyone. They are just saying UK will be treated just like a non EU country. If they don't do that, EU will coming trembling down.
    Imagine of you can keep Brussels off your behinds and keep accessing the single market?
    https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/257263...-on-migration/

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017...ht-hands-says/

http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/775...-Tory-progress

Yes, there is the intent to punish to discourage others from doing the same.

That is not rational. The UK is heavily intertwined with EU economies, so damaging Britain will damage the EU. Ireland would be well and truly fucked if the EU tried that.

Do you realise how much investment the UK has in continental Europe?
    That has not stopped them yet.
    They want to make further exits very painful.
    They want to make an example.
    Last edited by ComputerNerd; 2017-03-06 at 01:43 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

1.2 mio companies affected by upcoming negotiations isn´t a huge amount, debatable but ok. I do hope the UK aren´t left behind.
    I thought we were talking about regulations. These companies will be as affected by the regulations as they are now, so I doubt this will worry them.

- - - Updated - - -

Whatever fits your narrative.

I'd be surprised if anyone here actually respects your ridiculously partisan opinion, its complete poision for anyone that actually wants a United Kingdom. The damage you do with every post is utterly fucking astounding.

It truly is, I havent even had a chance to finish this post and you've already attacked the integrity of Scottish people.
    He's 100% correct though, its a shame that you cannot see it

15+ Year Old Account
    I thought we were talking about regulations. These companies will be as affected by the regulations as they are now, so I doubt this will worry them.
    Well yes but not solely about regulations. These companies will be affected by having to reduce prices to stay competetive if the UK leaves the single market while at the same time having to pay more for imports.