Page 7 of 22 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    If the error term is low for that particular regression, is this really flawed?
    In the case of the GWG it is. As @Spectral has said there are a lot of things that are hard to quantify, I'll make up one right now relevant to the topic. Say that woman do not choose to study STEM, etc due to male dominance in these fields and they prefer to be around women, being a catch 22 situation. Or the culture in which we still have the pink aisle stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Oh, get off it. You're acting more ridiculous than those you're taking offense at, in exactly the ways you found offensive in the first place.
    If I said the 6 piece McNugget set costs 60 cents to the dollar of the 10 piece Mcnuggets would you say that that is discrimination? Or, would you say that it isn't fair to compare the two that way?

Quote Originally Posted by mariovsgoku View Post
    If I said the 6 piece McNugget set costs 60 cents to the dollar of the 10 piece Mcnuggets would you say that that is discrimination? Or, would you say that it isn't fair to compare the two that way?
    I wouldn't question any of that and I'd buy the maximum amount of nuggets at 60 cents to the dollar I could.

Don't underestimate McNuggets.

Quote Originally Posted by MysticSnow View Post
    Once again stupid argument since you can add controls for that and doesn't really rebute the discrimination argument.
    It's not an argument at all, it's a direct counter. Wage gap in the form of discrimination doesn't exist.
    Originally Posted by Zarhym (Blue Tracker)
    this thread is a waste of internet

Quote Originally Posted by Torto View Post
    The gender pay gap is a myth perpetuated by feminists.
    It's a misconstruction, not a myth.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

Quote Originally Posted by Ryme View Post
    It's both. There are parts that are just a faulty interpretation of facts and then there are outright agenda driven lies that surround the issue.

The way it's held up as a symbol of the oppression of Women and a "right" women don't have yet, I would consider it to be a myth. You're technically correct, insofar as the terminology used is incorrect, but the general idea is that "myth" is being used colloquially to describe a situation that isn't a correct representation of reality.

Quote Originally Posted by TITAN308 View Post
    I would argue this works against both genders, not help them. Removing the ability for either to negotiate.
    His whole argument screams communism. His problem is that he hates capitalism and mistakes it for sexism and such.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    liberalism is a right wing idealogy.

Deleted
    There isn't a pay gap, but there sure is a productivity chasm.

You say tomato I say tomato.

Either way it is a deliberate deception by feminists to skew the debate into some sort of discriminatory sob story. It's total bullshit, the facts haven't backed that claim since the 70s yet they trot this line out in every debate and the progressives (for whatever reason) keep echoing it instead of calling the feminists out.

10+ Year Old Account
    It does exist, but it isn't as critical or for the reason that the apologists argue, in other words, active discrimination towards women resulting in lower pay is probably one of the least contributing factors to a pay gap.

10+ Year Old Account
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    There is a small gap even when comparing like to like. However, these are explained by factors that aren't discriminatory. Two examples follow. Woman are more likely to have unpaid leave (as not all employers offer paid parental leave). Women are less likely to do overtime.

Some factors can be fixed others can't.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

Quote Originally Posted by Moon-Man View Post
    There is NO such thing as Gender Pay Gap. It is a WEAK argument made by Feminists. What I meant by weak, i meant has no point in their argument whatsoever. All they say is delusion. They are so deluded they emit delusion, literally.

House cleaner versus a CEO of a Mcdonalds (or <insert high ranking job>). Which do you think it pays more, regardless of gender?

And What gender gets more Maternity leaves? Females.

Now, Drop this Gender Pay Gap topic, it does not exists. It is a Deluded idea.
    US federal studies actually showed it exists. They also showed it is around 5% after adjusting for matching jobs, experience, seniority etc. But it is still there. It may be due to negotiation, as some have posited in this thread, but it. is. there.

Quote Originally Posted by Kanegasi View Post
    It's not an argument at all, it's a direct counter. Wage gap in the form of discrimination doesn't exist.
    When talking about the GWG you can add a control to that and compare similar men to women.

Deleted
    I really dont get why these people can't spend 5 minutes on google and realise that they are sprouting absolute nonsense.

Deleted
    Or maybe pay both employees the same amount? Not sure why that's a difficult concept.
    Because you do not hire people for the sake of hiring them. If we assume that a decent salary for X is 50k but i really want Z because of their qualifications i'll put the starting offer at 50k. If they take it fine. If they start negotiating i'll allow the pay to increase while trying to keep it as close to the 50k base as possible.

Having a fixed salary for any field where specific qualifications may be worth more than a base salary is stupid. When someone who fits all your criteria and then some comes along and asks for more than the base salary you try to keep that as low as possible but you sure as hell don't tell them "Sorry, we have a fixed salary of 50k" as you'd be fucking yourself.
    Last edited by mmoc46a51814a6; 2017-03-07 at 01:33 PM. Reason: me write good inglish, nevar maek mistak

Quote Originally Posted by urasim View Post
    His whole argument screams communism. His problem is that he hates capitalism and mistakes it for sexism and such.
    Calling that a "mistake" is charitable.

Deleted
    This Video explains why this is just false , highly recommend to watch it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QcDrE5YvqTs

Here is the transcript with all the sources and data: https://www.prageru.com/courses/poli...ender-wage-gap

Her reasoning and facts are solid, and that myth can just be considered debunked, for like the 100th time.

And in my profession (nurse), there are tariffs anyway.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you're using standards of negotiation that result in women being disadvantaged at such, that's pretty much the definition of sexism.
    You're essentially saying that the company should change its negotiation proceedings for the sake of accommodating the needs of someone else, in this case, the female sex in general.
    Im assuming the reasoning here is that since women are, in general, less aggressive and worse at negotiating than their male counterparts, then the onus of change falls on the company to solve this imbalance.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimbold21 View Post
    You're essentially saying that the company should change its negotiation proceedings for the sake of accommodating the needs of someone else, in this case, the female sex in general.
    Im assuming the reasoning here is that since women are, in general, less aggressive and worse at negotiating than their male counterparts, then the onus of change falls on the company to solve this imbalance.
    Yes, women should automatically get offered 15-25% more than men and let them negotiate down from there.