Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    A.) change legion to WoW and you're correct
    B.) You do it by choice, and are not paid for it.

Idk about ya'll but I'm in a 6 hours a week raiding guild with 7/7M 2/3M pre-NH and 3/10M atm working on Krosus. We have no requirements on artifact traits or M+, and if we can do that with our limited time I'm pretty sure you don't have to play WoW as a full time job unless you're competing for world firsts

Also regarding the research debate, I started research 13 hours after EU launch and logged in 2h after it was "actually" completed.
    Last edited by Arainie; 2017-03-07 at 10:14 AM.

Deleted
    farmed constant for 4-5 days at max knowledge. got max AP before NH, I just log on to do some occasionally when I feel like it, except the mandatory +15 for the 900ilvl loot. Then I log on for raid. So I basically just raid and do a mythic plus, with 4 world quests a day, doesn't feel like a job.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by WOWandchill View Post
    Massive waste of time. Log on every day to grind mythic dungeons for 5 hours...wtf is the point lol.
    Unless you're in a top 10 guild and/or making a living streaming, you/your guild are doing it wrong.

Massive waste of time. Log on every day to grind mythic dungeons for 5 hours...wtf is the point lol.
    Lolwhat?

My weekly routine: ~9/10H (~4-5 hours), a M15 dungeon (an hour or less, usually less), Weekly Event (greatly varies based on which event it is), never miss an emissary cache (~2 hours tops each week).

Right now, it's like why do more?
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

10+ Year Old Account
    Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeell, YOU are the one whom turns it in to a full time job. I don't really see it as so.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

10+ Year Old Account
    I raid 3 (right now, 2, due to family obligations) nights a week for a few hours. It's not a job and it's not a grind. You don't have to do anything and you certainly don't have to grind 5 hours of mythics a day. That's your choice and it is on you.

And please do not bring up "I have to be competitive!" If we're being honest, unless you're in the top of the top guilds, no one gives a damn.

Can't say I saw raiding in Legion as a full time job whatsoever. Did Normal and Heroic 3 times a week and never felt forced into doing anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Ealyssa View Post
    It actually is. It's a video game. Nobody force you to play, nobody force you to join guild X or guild Y, nobody pays for your sub (or maybe mom). It's your fucking choice ! Now assume your choices, instead of whinnning about how this video game force you to do things you don't want to do...

Maybe that's the core issue then ? Maybe instead of grinding mindlessly (and I dunno what, since everyone is 54 nowadays) what about improving your gameplay ? Why not trying to improve your rotation, movement, raid awarness instead of hoping the next 0,5% wellfare buff will make you kill things you don't have the skill to kill ?

Guild killed it, with less attempt and less ilvl than you. It's not a problem of grind, it's a problem of you not being good enough and expecting to be carried by gear. Fact.
    I think you're missing the point. If you don't farm to 54 then you won't be killing mythic NH. It is confirmed to be tuned around 54 because that's what the high end players got to. If you're in a guild progressing on mythic then you're expected to reach the threshold to which something is tuned to be killable.

It's definitely a lot of work and really unfriendly to alts. I'd love to be able to step in as off tank in the event one of ours can't make raid. I have 54 traits in my main dps spec but only 38 in my tank spec. I clear EN H/N/LFR TOV H/N/LFR NH H/N/LFR and 3/10M weekly so I've been playing quite a lot.

If you aren't up for it, don't raid competitively. Outside of competitive raiding there is no reason to do as OP suggests.

Nothing is going on that's not by your own choice. This was always the case, and there were always whiners whining about grinds they chose to partake in.

Outside of raiding for rankings in a world first race, raiding is not a "full time job" this expansion. Some people lacking self-control =/= there actually being a requirement to play that way.

The complaint I see as valid, would be having raid ready alts.

Deleted
    Then don't do it. I quit in November and its gotten even more boring since then.

Exactly, what's the point in grinding mythic dungeons for 5 hours? If you did that for three months you would have maxed out your primary and secondary artifact weapon by now.

7+ Year Old Account
    Funny, I hardly do any Mythic+ usually only 3-4 per week. (Actually didn't even do any last week... whoops) and I'm keeping up just fine and were progressing through mythic Nighthold (I tend to be 4th-7th for DPS in the logs)

Mythic progression raiding doesn't eat up much time if you don't let it. Hell, buddy of mine plays the way that you are describing and he now has full ranks in all three of his mains artifacts... poor bastard has to vend his AP now.

As for my routine week.

Mythic+ (2 hours... maybe)
    NH Normal Farm on an Alt (or main if I'm this weeks designated carry guy) (2-3 Hours)
    NH Heroic (10/10) on my main (Maybe 3 hours)
    Other stuff (WQs/Gold Farming/AH/etc) (Maybe 5 Hours)

Mythic Progression Raiding (6 hours)
    Last edited by Ghrog; 2017-03-07 at 04:34 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Dracula View Post
    lolwut, a fair few of my Friends are Heroic/Mythic raiders and they don't even log in every day and when they do most of the time it's just for raid nights....
    That's only true if you are already 54 and have a decent amount of TF gear to carry your weight. Which i already do, so i play alts instead :P, so i can empathize with someone who joined late to the party.

Anyways, it's not that hard to get a weapon to 54 once you have ak25. And if you don't have it after 2 months, yeah, you had been massively slacking.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Arainie View Post
    Idk about ya'll but I'm in a 6 hours a week raiding guild with 7/7M 2/3M pre-NH and 3/10M atm working on Krosus. We have no requirements on artifact traits or M+, and if we can do that with our limited time I'm pretty sure you don't have to play WoW as a full time job unless you're competing for world firsts

Also regarding the research debate, I started research 13 hours after EU launch and logged in 2h after it was "actually" completed.
    You don't look to bring your best DPS to beat down Krosus ?

Requirements can be indirect, even if you don't ask for people to be 54, you won't invite the person who is doing 10% less DPS than the average of your krosus raid. I mean, we don't ask raiders to be 54 either, we downed Krosus M already ,but obviously the people who were in the tries, like me were the ones with the highest dps output for their respective classes. Coincidently, we were the 54s, while people with lower artifact lvls were in rotation.

lol, if have just doing emissaries and 2-3 dungeons per week for the weekly cache since launch you should have a 54 trait weapon and 4 legendaries at least some weeks ago

Deleted
    I though you unsubbed 3 months ago?

Anyone who was running M+ 5 hrs a day is long done.

I am AP 52 and done about 20 M+
    Last edited by mmoc3dde1cb131; 2017-03-07 at 04:48 PM.

People asking Blizzard to curb their addiction...

lol.