Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zafu View Post
    I'd estimate that most graveyard runs are on average about a minute; there might be some in game that are a little longer, and are certainly plenty that are much shorter. I can't think of many instances in the current world where the run to your corpse is way longer than two minutes, though.

Thus, reducing the 'lockout' to a minute would, in many cases, not punish the player for repeated deaths at all. Upping the timer to 3 minutes would be a nightmare and feel nasty. 2 minutes seems a fair compromise - enough time to be mildly frustrating and noticeable, but not too long to seriously slow down gameplay.
    This is wrong, more so in later expansions where the map has been oversaturated with graveyards.

I agree with the sickness duration part.
    Last edited by mmoc4282a3f415; 2017-03-07 at 02:42 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Its there so you don't just zerg-rush a world boss or PvP objective with infinite rezzes.

For instance, take instanced PvP. You die quite often, and can only rez every 30 seconds, or minute in rated. Now, if you are defending a point in AB or BFG, it'll take you 5 seconds to run from GY to your corpse, and you can then rez with 50% health. If you have 30 seconds to wait, even if you die instantly on rezzing, you can do this 6 times. This is ESPECIALLY true with Rated BGs.

And that is why you have up to 2 minute wait timers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

10+ Year Old Account
    Someone is trying to farm honor kills i see?
    Seriously, i can't find any reason to experience that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Deleted
    Why is dying still a thing? Just remove dying altogether, it's clearly a relic of the past. Nobody should be able to die in this game.

Quote Originally Posted by Potentio View Post
    Just curious. Seems one of those relics of the past that should have been adjusted/removed by now.
    I agree. It was put in to place long ago so you couldn't zerg the world bosses. It really doesn't have a place now and it's especially annoying on a PvP server.

The more important question is why the hell are you dying so much?

10+ Year Old Account
    FF14 > WoW. Not an opinion, that's facts.
    You ask why the 2 min ress time is still a thing, WHY IS DAZE STILL A THING?! Daze is the single most annoying shit in WoW and it's useless ontop of it all, I wouldn't mind it if it was just a slow effect like concussion shot, but the fact that is throws you off your mount is just beyond stupid.

I think that the 2 minute rezz timer probably still makes sense in non instanced PvE situations, because it prevents you from being able to infinitely zerg something like a world boss. I think that it can be problematic when it comes to PvP deaths, because it increases the impact of griefing. For example, if someone wants to repeatedly gank lowbies in a leveling zone, they can effectively shut them out of being able to play the game on a 2 minute timer, which really isn't fun.

Warchief
    7+ Year Old Account
    TBH, I forgot that was a thing.
    Been ages since I've died multiple times in a small window.
    I don't think it hurts anything, though, and it gives you ample time to figure out how/why you died so much and, with the rez radius, allows you to plan your rez spot better (if you are dying to mobs, anyway... players camping is a different animal altogether).

I wouldn't remove it, though, because it prevents spam rezzing and removes consequence from death.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Farron69 View Post
    You ask why the 2 min ress time is still a thing, WHY IS DAZE STILL A THING?! Daze is the single most annoying shit in WoW and it's useless ontop of it all, I wouldn't mind it if it was just a slow effect like concussion shot, but the fact that is throws you off your mount is just beyond stupid.
    This.
    I mean, sure you can use the leatherworking saddle thingie for a couple hours (or 8, if you're the LW) of consequence-free riding, but that works only in broken isles...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Potentio View Post
    Just curious. Seems one of those relics of the past that should have been adjusted/removed by now.
    Why is leveling still a thing?

Why is gearing up a character still a thing?

Why are mounts still a thing?

Why is killing bosses still a thing?

The more you and people like you try to marginalize the aspects of the game that provide depth and immersion, the closer we get to a game where you start at max level and teleport everywhere and get free gear from simply walking.

The 2 min rez timer is there for a purpose. Let's keep it that way.

Quote Originally Posted by Dryla View Post
    I do deal with it, but it makes no sense, you learn nothing with it, it prevents no abuse, and i think it is unjustified.
    its unjustified - i grant you that. However the goal they wanna achieve is also clear: make a boss not gravejard runnable.

However from my personal experience i do not even remember the last time when i was forced to wait for a rezz the last time. it happens so rarely.

Then as a company you have to device where to spend your resources. On this thing which might cause some frustration occasionally. or on this other feature which creates frustation almost regularly.

It will never give the resources to such a marginal thing as this is.

Same as for setting it from one minute to two minutes. This might actually just take 5 minutes to implement but it would not fix the frustration.
    If i wait 1 minute or 2 or 10 . it doesnt matter to me. waiting is the frustrating part. they need to get rid of that completly. but for that there is no easy solution.

To remove this 2 min waiting time but at the same time make bosses still not graveyard runnable blizzard would need to give you a debuff that prevents you from participating against that boss.
    this is new technology and another ballpark to implement.
    Comparing this to the benefits: it will never be fixed.

Quote Originally Posted by Dryla View Post
    Failure yes, being ganked by dozens of chars with higher level than you it is not a failure, it is quite infuriating being rolfstomped without it being your fault, and having to suffer a 2 min waiting as the final reward.

- - - Updated - - -

That is nice and cool, but do not apply it to ganking.
    It is for players who are so bad, like yourself, the ones that have no idea how to remove themselves from situations where they get "roflstomped" by "dozens" (prob two) of players. You get to sit there, think about how terrible you are and gives you an opportunity to google how to play your class. Also allows the gankee to get bored and go away.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jalatiphra View Post
    its unjustified - i grant you that. However the goal they wanna achieve is also clear: make a boss not gravejard runnable.

However from my personal experience i do not even remember the last time when i was forced to wait for a rezz the last time. it happens so rarely.

Then as a company you have to device where to spend your resources. On this thing which might cause some frustration occasionally. or on this other feature which creates frustation almost regularly.

It will never give the resources to such a marginal thing as this is.

Same as for setting it from one minute to two minutes. This might actually just take 5 minutes to implement but it would not fix the frustration.
    If i wait 1 minute or 2 or 10 . it doesnt matter to me. waiting is the frustrating part. they need to get rid of that completly. but for that there is no easy solution.

To remove this 2 min waiting time but at the same time make bosses still not graveyard runnable blizzard would need to give you a debuff that prevents you from participating against that boss.
    this is new technology and another ballpark to implement.
    Comparing this to the benefits: it will never be fixed.
    There are already a couple of world bosses that are GY-zergable. It is not often you die six times to one world boss though (which is required for ress timer to become 2 minutes long), however that is very common in the ganking sphere of WoW.

And even then, if you want to prevent GY-zerging, increase the default wait time before resurrection and start the time upon reaching the location of your corpse. If you die 3 times on a World Boss, no matter how hard the GY is, you can still instantly rejoin the fight.

Also this might be a nuisance to just a few people, but it can still be important. E.g the advancements in colorblind mode and blizzard coming forward. The next step will probably be offline mode for Real ID since a myriad of players have voiced their concerns on the official forums on how anxiety sometimes doesnt let them log into the game etc.

Even if it affects a tiny percentage of players it may still be important for Blizzard.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    It is for players who are so bad, like yourself, the ones that have no idea how to remove themselves from situations where they get "roflstomped" by "dozens" (prob two) of players. You get to sit there, think about how terrible you are and gives you an opportunity to google how to play your class. Also allows the gankee to get bored and go away.
    Great, took just two pages to arrive at the stop called "Namecalling". Reported.

TLR It helps in organized WPVP.

It is still a thing and it should stay a thing. I’ll use what happened to me last night as an example as to why. I flew into Valdisal on my Alliance warrior and there were around 5-7 horde killing everyone who landed. I rounded up a few guild mates and ran them out of there then proceeded to do the same thing. Kill every Horde member who would land or come into Valdisal. After around 45 minutes a larger group of horde showed up and after the battle that took place we all had a rez timer. So the rez timer prevented us from continuously rezzing allowing the Horde to take back Valdisal until we could all rez at the same time in the same place and push them back out again. The rez timer allowed the area to be combat free for a short amount of time letting people turn in the world quest or pick up other quests care free.

Deleted
    Let's see what i get if i google: "How to fight back when you are level 30 vs five level 110". I am sure it will show some idiotic post like yours.

OT: my friend, i switched to a PvE server some time ago, and i will never regret that choice, and it will solve also this problem (since it's kinda true you can't die so often on a PvE server, maybe against a WB but it's hard).

Same reason the stupidest mechanic ever, Daze, is still a thing - Blizzard likes to do stupid things. I've seriously considering quitting over Daze.

Deleted
    when i am leveling a 101 char in highmountain and i get killed by a pack of 110 chars, can you please explain how to play any class for avoiding that?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by j0ust View Post
    ^ this, failiure should have consequences. Times were in ye MMOs of olde that you had to corpserun back and pray your body hadn't already been looted by another player.

WoW has always been more than forgiving where player death is concerned. Focus your energy on trying to stay alive longer.
    Maybe he is just in that piece of **** suramar city where every area is so densely packed and you get unmasked outside of the detection spell.

To make you think for a minute.