Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by BananaHandsB View Post
    Yay I can vendor these relics I was banking.
    I doubt they would have retroactively added a trait onto an existing relic anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by Laurcus View Post
    Basically, I'm pissed off. Once again, whiners ruined a great thing.
    same feeling here but

i would direct it more specifically - once again ocd retards who cant conrol themselves f... it for eveyrbody else.

how many idiots would farm relics liek that ? 20 ? 30 ? becaause even world first guilds wouldnt do that , i say f... them this is geting ridiculous when ocd idiots are whining about anything that is non bis for them

When you have traits that are +3/4 ilevels and some that are -1 ilevels, looking having two traits on the relic gives you the possibility of a 9 "real ilevel" difference between relics of the same printed ilevel. Eg. holy priests would be farming for the "say your prayers/holy hands" duo for +8 over printed ilevel.... Any relic that rolled "trust in the light" gets a -1 because that trait isn't worth a darn in pve (trust in the light because this relic sure won't help you... lol).

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    same feeling here but

i would direct it more specifically - once again ocd retards who cant conrol themselves f... it for eveyrbody else.

how many idiots would farm relics liek that ? 20 ? 30 ? becaause even world first guilds wouldnt do that , i say f... them this is geting ridiculous when ocd idiots are whining about anything that is non bis for them
    Well, I'm mad because this change would have massively increased my chances of getting BiS relics and made the whole thing less grindy for me.

"Are you fucking shitting me"
    My literal reaction.

10+ Year Old Account
    Glorified stat sticks. Don't pretend they were of any use other than to boost the ilvl of your artifact.

The AP grind is so much more of an end game content to WAY more people than min/maxers. I'm more than ok with this change.

Quote Originally Posted by Pakmanisgod View Post
    Glorified stat sticks. Don't pretend they were of any use other than to boost the ilvl of your artifact.
    Frost DKs (and surely other speccs) will disagree.

The AP grind is so much more of an end game content to WAY more people than min/maxers. I'm more than ok with this change.
    Due to the diminishing returns in AP scaling with AK double rewards will be nearly useless and hardly have an impact at all till you're max AK. To add insult to injury it only affects AP from world quests. No dungeons, no raids. Blizzard's desperate attempt to keep world quests relevant despite them saying "It's okay if people outgrow certain types of content" one or two weeks ago.
    And what do you do once your artifact is maxed out? Sell the AP items, yay. A relic can nearly always drop better unless you have max TF ilvl and bis traits.
    Last edited by Galathir; 2017-03-07 at 10:39 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Galathir View Post
    Frost DKs (and surely other speccs) will disagree.

Due to the much higher diminishing returns in AP scaling double rewards will be nearly useless and hardly have an impact at all.
    And what do you do once your artifact is maxed out? Sell the AP items, yay. A relic can nearly always drop better unless you have max TF ilvl and bis traits.
    I stand by AP being an infinity more valuable resource to more of the player base than relic traits (not the Ilvl) .

Quote Originally Posted by Rendark View Post
    I think the less RNG in Legion the better.
    Im with you here, im gald that they remove it. Theres way to mutch RNG in the game we dont need more of it...

I stand by AP being an infinity more valuable resource to more of the player base than relic traits (not the Ilvl) .
    Fine. Then I'll stand by this change being a slap in the face for raiders.

Can't have RNG on top of rng? lolololololololo

boohoo

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    Another case of the community bitching about something, the developers caving, and those of us who liked the idea getting shafted again. Its like all the legendary nerfs.... people bitched and blizzard did what blizzard does and nerfed the good ones instead of buffing the bad ones.

Thanks again community!
    Yeah what an AMAZING System the Legendary pre-nerf were. a Demon Hunter with the Ring alone was just a tiny bit of 100k ahead of someone without it

fuck the Community for Destroying this super crazy awesome System.

this addon already has enough rng for vegas and some shitty asia grindfest combined.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Galathir View Post
    Fine. Then I'll stand by this change being a slap in the face for raiders.
    Haven't raiders been complaining about about 54 being required and the grind associated with it? Seems like this helps alleviate a bit of that grind.

/hyperbole; I'm sure that the grind will now be balanced around having your class hall upgrade though /Endhyperbole

Haven't raiders been complaining about about 54 being required and the grind associated with it? Seems like this helps alleviate a bit of that grind.
    No. It doesn't benefit raiders at all unless they also do world quests. The old trait would have benefitted everyone to a certain extent.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    While it fixes some RNG aspects, it removes an out some classes had in regards to actually farming for "BiS" relics.

To elaborate, if your BiS relic doesn't drop from the new raid and is only contained in Mythic+ or an old raid, then you were kinda shit out of luck. The chances of getting a decent iLvL relic from an old raid is really small, as it is in Mythic+, but at least you could run the Mythic+ one as long as you have keys for it, in hopes that it would drop.

With the dual secondary trait system you could theoretically look for not only your BiS trait, but I suppose (again depends on class and how close traits are) your second and third one, in hopes that it actually rolls your BiS trait. What this does is make it less likely that your "BiS" relic would only be obtained in one small confined area (like one M+, an old raid, or just off a boss in a new raid) as there are more avenues to obtain it from.

I can see merits to both ways of thinking. I don't play an elemental shaman but I know ours complains that his BiS relics don't come from Nighthold at all, so he has to hope that he gets them from the old raids or M+. Basically all the Nighthold relics are completely garbage for him, so in a system where you could get dual traits, it would make the relics that drop in Nighthold potentially more appealing for him.

The other way of looking at it is it becomes much harder to get BiS relics, and the disparity between those with good relics and those with bad relics widens. Keep in mind however that the difference in iLvL and BiS relics varies based on class. For some classes this system would have been perfectly fine as they for the most part would only take a very small dip in iLvL for a better trait, some always take iLvL, and then there are those who take a pretty big hit in iLvL for good traits. I think the reasoning behind the change is that they don't want the disparity to be that large in those who already take a big hit in iLvL for good traits, as the difference between somebody in such scenario who ends up with their good traits and a good iLvL would be massive compared to somebody who only has one of those three things. Another solution would be to balance relics a bit better so people didn't drop a lot of iLvL for traits, but I think some people like that their is some decision making in traits, and Blizzard probably, at some level likes the added 'depth' within reason. They have already nerfed a few traits that were causing people to drop excessive iLvL as is.

It never hit live so I don't really care. The nicest thing about the dual trait thing is that more options would have arose to what you get to run to find your "BiS" relics. For those that get them in the new raid, count yourself lucky, but with limited room for relics in a single raid somebody gets fucked each tier. Honestly people can shit on M+ all they want, but I'd be thankful that avenue even exists for obtaining most relics in the game, as opposed to praying for that weekly lockout TF of a previous raid tier.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    I think this sums it up.
    It isn't some "simple" solution to problems.

We get complaints about "too much RNG" when it comes to upgrades, but how quickly people forget that when it suits them.

There are already simply better relics, now imagine the random element of a second trait.

There is a good roll, one which gives you the perfect result.
    And there is everything else, which has been repeatedly stated to be "bad RNG" and will be considered "useless".

The lesson is that the community is full of hypocrites who change the rules every time it suits them.

If anyone who was complaining about "too much RNG" previously actually meant what they said, then they can't be in favour of that.
    Agreed. If you bitched about the RNG of legendaries, you can't turn around and be in favor of this, another way that some people who are lucky will get a boost to power while others won't.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    same feeling here but

Same argument pertains to legendaries. How'd you feel about that system?

A little RNG (like warforged) is fine.
    This was too much, so I welcome this change whole heartedly!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheze View Post
    it was a fun thing to think about, but would've made finding the right relics more irritating than it already is

also it might have done really silly things for the classes that have ultra-important traits (ret with a couple double crusade relics, etc.)
    The random trait would not be able to roll the same trait...

Is anyone actually going to spend their OR on something like this? Would be nice as another catch-up for alts if given the choice between this and something else, but I don't think I want to spend my resources on something that I already am guaranteed to get for doing the content I feel like doing.

I am just disappoint