Thread: LFR Guldan

Page 1 of 8
... LastLast

LFR Guldan

So, MMO-Champ people, how many stacks of determination did you guys got before deciding that losing ilvl to get 4/4 was better than wasting more time on guldan? I made it to 4 before giving up

10+ Year Old Account
    4 wipes? And you quit? #rollsyes.

I expect this to be trying for the first 1-2 week. Endbosses usually are. One reason I was annoyed that they didnt drop this last week

10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    I can't wait to go innnnnn. I've got normal G'D on easy farm, and got heroic G'D last week (I know I know, I'm a scrub) - But LFR.. going to be insaaaaaane Day1!

1 Wipe...all because dumbasses couldn't know mechs, and stood in shit...

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    god 4 whole wipes..... your pathetic

Quote Originally Posted by piethepiegod View Post
    god 4 whole wipes..... your pathetic

You're .... filler

When you guys loved to complain about lfr so much? No one likes to get wiped but it's always like that when a raid just release. Did you just one shot every boss on higher difficulties with your guild mates? I guess not. A couple of weeks later ppl will be fine with it. It's always been like that. Skipping it will be better than whining deal with it ^_^

It's not even released on EU yet so we'll see.

0 wipes. I guess a lot of people who already knew the fight were in there? Dunno, I was happily surprised.

10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    Blizz does a pretty good job of giving out that deter stacks heavy to push over the mechanics, I forsee like no more than 1-2 on average.

MOST people have killed normal gul'd at this point anyway or know the fights, at least that's what I think..

None thanks to a good tank and with so many Youtube vids covering the fight other people probably knowing what to do.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Leyre View Post
    So, MMO-Champ people, how many stacks of determination did you guys got before deciding that losing ilvl to get 4/4 was better than wasting more time on guldan? I made it to 4 before giving up
    My group was great, went in at about a hour after reset allowed me too...no wipes...one shot him....got my 300th mount from that kill.

4 wipes. Some people died because they broke bonds on their own, and melees (especially that one DH) really liked to dance past the tanks and give Gul'dan stacks.
    The biggest killer, though, are the eyes. I personally think the eye/boss HP are just not balanced around 0 stacks. Doable, but expect some wipes since some numbers aren't low.

Definitely queue with your raid team if you can. At most 10 minutes from intro to kill with a chance for titanforged Gul'dan loots.
    See here for my own Mage solo (and sometimes other classes too.)
    And also see this document for my efforts at listing solo kills of every class. Please do not hesitate to message me if there is some kill I have failed to record.

Did it in two attempts ... first attempt we wiped at 33% when some effect came up, second time we got through with >15/25 alive at the end.

I'd never seen the boss before (still at 6/10 Normal).... and was 4th on DPS - so I don't imagine the group was special or high end in any way.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

There shouldn't be hardly any wipes, its been out on normal long enough, most people will know the tactics to some degree, not all granted, but there should be enough to carry through

Four wipes because people can't read the dungeon journal.

10+ Year Old Account
    4 wipes? Damn remeber when Paragon had like 500+ wipes on blackhand mythic?

No wipes. No deaths. I was lowest DPS with 359k

those poor LFR people .. whole 4 wipes.

/s
    BETA CLUB

Deleted
    So its tuned a lot easier than other end bosses on LFR. I especially remember archimonde to be a nightmare. Lei shen was a bitch too.

After doing my Improving on History achievement, I honestly can't even set foot in LFR anymore. It is far too disorganized, wipes often happen for the dumbest of reasons and the loot is too low ilevel to warrant the headaches. (Even if it has a chance to Titanforge).
    Normal mode is my new jam now. Plus I've even tried out Heroic on occasion.
    Last edited by Darkguyver2020; 2017-03-08 at 09:57 AM.