Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Protection - Mythic Krosus is breaking my soul (with logs!)

Hey guys, Mythic Krosus is giving me a ridiculously hard time and I am getting alot of flak for dying and taking loads of damage. I have messed with a few different talent selections, using Dev, BV and Anger Management this last raid night, please help! I have posted around for him quite alot but can't seem to get good.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...mmary&fight=46

1. Devastator: you don't make proper use out of this talent. You should get way more SS resets, for example : you have the same amount of SS casts as TC. Pay attention to your swingtimer!

2. Talent Choice: You only pick BV / AM for content you can farm, for survivability (of magic dmg like Krosus, Star Augur) you should pick Vengenace / AM. This should help with SS resets and more IP for mitigation and AM will give you a Demoshout for every Slam.

3. You have really low haste, use optimal setpieces if possible in this Order: Head, Cloak, Legs, Hands, Chest (4p is not necessary for raiding if you have other pieces with hig high haste that push you towards 30%)

4. Take another Trinket to go along with the pot, a statstick would help here.

Quote Originally Posted by Menox View Post
    Hey guys, Mythic Krosus is giving me a ridiculously hard time and I am getting alot of flak for dying and taking loads of damage. I have messed with a few different talent selections, using Dev, BV and Anger Management this last raid night, please help! I have posted around for him quite alot but can't seem to get good.

Quote Originally Posted by Menox View Post

Greetings Menox,
    I went over your logs briefly I have more then ample experience dealing with the terror that is Krosus as a Warrior, so i'll try to address with you the issues I see that stand out the most.
    We will be using Wipe 17 4:41 ( your best pull )

First lets take a look at your CD's
    Spell reflect: ___________________ 4 ( SR has a CD of 25s, and an up-time of 5s this should be used alot more in conjunction with brand )
    Shield Wall:_____________________2 ( we will dive into this later)
    Demo shout: ___________________ 4 ( 1.5m CD, reduced by AM )
    Last stand:______________________3
    Potion / Healthstone (Defensive):___0 (why?)
    Potion (Offensive):_______________1 (why?)
    Food buff:______________________ 0 (why?)

Now Lets look at Talents/Gear:
    Avatar swap this for Renewed Fury
    Booming Voice Swap this for Vengeance
    Chrono Shard Drop this for any "on demand" defensive trinket

I see that you have taken Anger management, your rage gained over the course of the fight was 3990 for 4:41 that translates to 390.9s reduction assuming you never over-capped rage. This is on the low side, a few contributing factors include low SS amounts, bad 4 set RNG (or incorrect SB up-time I did not look at it ) things like that you will need to address.

Now lets dive into the real "meat" of your logs and take a look at what happened we will divide your incoming damage into the 2 parts of this fight that matter Searing Brand and Slam

Searing Brand Peak times//////Damage///////////////Slam Peak times
    00:26 ___________________________High ________________ 00:28
    1:17____________________________Med _________________01:00
    1:45____________________________ Low_________________02:00
    2:31____________________________Very High_____________02:30
    3:14___________________________ High _________________03:30
    3:45___________________________Low___________________04:00
    4:16

Here is where you used your CD's in comparison;
    Shield Wall usage times: 00:59, 2:38
    Demo: 00:33, 1:42, 2:21, 3:32
    Spell reflect: 00:38, 2:28, 03:05, 3:49 ( Assuming you use the first SR at 00:26, you would have been able to use this 8 times after accounting for buff duration )
    LS: 00:59, 2:32, 4:02
    I think this is the major problem is not understanding where the majority of the damage is lining up and saving your CD's, alot of these are used at a bad time or wasted. Also Cutetea used lay-hands on you at 1:00 this is when you had both SW and LS up, this is completely wasted. You should be asking for BoP's if anything during slam to save CD's.

In conclusion I would make the following changes, coordinate your major CD's for times listed above when damage taken is high from both effects, make use of externals during med/low damage times Iron bark, Sac ect. Make better use of your potions/food/SR/Talents/gear choices and Krosus will be dead in no time!
    Last edited by Jazko; 2017-03-03 at 05:52 PM.

Have people with immunities soak some slams for you. Will help a ton. Other than that the thread is full of good feedback already. Good luck!

Deleted
    A good rule of thumb that has worked well for me is using a cd when the following happens:
    1. If you have 4 stacks of the dot.
    2. You are soaking slam.
    3. If you have 2-3 stacks of the dot and the slam is breaking the bridge.

In other words, if there is a slam soak while you have 4 stacks of the dot, you should have 2 cds up. If you get to 5 stacks at any point, you should be able to make it with only one cd, especially if it is a strong one (like blessing of sac over iron bark for instance). If you have 6 stacks or higher (should not happen), you will probably need 2 cds just to deal with the dot. Last Stand counts as a cd against the slam, but not against the dot.

Since you need a lot of cds, you will most likely need to call externals to cover them all. Use Anger Management to get many more cds in (especially demo shout). Spell reflect is useful to fill in gaps where you have no dot cd, however, I mostly use it to soak the burning pitches (the damage from soaking is reflected - so you take 0).

Here is one of my logs where you can see that I follow the above rule of thumb for every instance of 4 stacks and slam:

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...false%24225140

Build a plan for when you use what cd (including externals), and play the same every fight so you and your external cd casters get used to it. You will have to do a few pulls and build upon the plan as you do attempts until you get a feel for when AM makes your demo shout ready again. Cover as much as you can with demo shout since it has the shortest cd.

This fight is very tough on warriors and requires focusing on the cooldown plan all the way through.
    Last edited by mmocd57140d862; 2017-03-03 at 04:36 PM.

Deleted
    I just got to Krosus and i am having an extremely hard time with him aswel.
    I keep dying over and over again and having the need to use my cds more often then i need to(atleast is feels like that).
    I unfortunatly can't link my logs since i just created my account but if someone wants to help a fellow prot warrior out please let me know and i send them to you.

Cheers,
    Wickedwar

Quote Originally Posted by Wickedwar View Post
    I just got to Krosus and i am having an extremely hard time with him aswel.
    I keep dying over and over again and having the need to use my cds more often then i need to(atleast is feels like that).
    I unfortunatly can't link my logs since i just created my account but if someone wants to help a fellow prot warrior out please let me know and i send them to you.

Cheers,
    Wickedwar
    Morning Wickedwar,
    Without logs that not be doable, however there is alot of great advise posted all over the forms as to when use your CD's and when you should be looking for externals.

Deleted
    It is a typical fight where you can see we war prot are useless.

With my prot war i have to use:
    Anger management (but you need to have 30% haste) + a lot of external (4 bop + 2 external such as IB from mage and/or DH cd for slam) in order to survive.
    Devastor still the best cause of the rage/ip stuff.
    Trinket: => Everything that can prevent your death (Guldan on and/or Royal Dagger in order to prevent your death)
    Anyway more that 70% of the damage are magic one.

>I used spell reflect as soon i can/reach 4 stack on debuff.
    > I used Legendary belt + Gauntlet but best are Wrist + Neck for this fight.

Very difficult fight such as Solarist on High botanist at the end. Drood tank can solo it (cause they are cheated and Blizzard are doing nothing for it) not warrior.

On this fight, anyway cause we do not have any Bis every time we come back on that boss, I take my under gear re roll which is DK Blood and I needed nothing such as external cooldown or Slam's soaker to kill that boss. It was very free.

I took DK blood but if you have an undergear Droodtank it will be more easier.

Drood tank can also solo tank Etraeus Mythic (lol). Same I have to take DK for that boss cause of Blizzard fucking classes's balance.

Drood tank:
    > 8 Million HP
    > Self Heal
    > Stack-able ironfur Physical damage reduction
    > Permanent 30% Magic reduction
    > A lot of personal CD (Small duration but more than war prot)

I am tired of what war prot became cause of the nerf on IP.

So my advice If you want to kill that boss in an easier way: Take your reroll Droodtank > Monktank > Dkblood (in that order) and it will be an easy kill.

Quote Originally Posted by epurator View Post

Anger management (but you need to have 30% haste) + a lot of external (4 bop + 2 external such as IB from mage and/or DH cd for slam) in order to survive.
    Trinket: => Everything that can prevent your death (Guldan on and/or Royal Dagger in order to prevent your death)

Very difficult fight such as Solarist on High botanist at the end. Drood tank can solo it (cause they are cheated and Blizzard are doing nothing for it) not warrior.

On this fight, anyway cause we do not have any Bis every time we come back on that boss, I take my under gear re roll which is DK Blood and I needed nothing such as external cooldown or Slam's soaker to kill that boss. It was very free.

Drood tank can also solo tank Etraeus Mythic (lol). Same I have to take DK for that boss cause of Blizzard fucking classes's balance.

Drood tank:
    > 8 Million HP
    > Self Heal

So my advice If you want to kill that boss in an easier way: Take your reroll Droodtank > Monktank > Dkblood (in that order) and it will be an easy kill.
    There is so much wrong information in this post. Everything in bold is just plain false.

Yes, prot warriors are underperforming compared to guardian druids/brewmaster monks, but there's no way in hell we're behind blood tanks. We're viable on every fight in M NH (not optimal, but viable)

Drood tank:
    > 8 Million HP
    > Self Heal

Though I agree with some complaints about Druid being strong, which is evidently is, you are missing some points. One of their gold traits reduced magic damage they take by 10% for 15 seconds. This is probably one of the strongest Gold traits for any tank, and I believe this is where it went wrong. This passive should've been for all tanks, not just for Druids. On top of that, Druids also have Thick Hide, passively reducing all damage taken by 6%. This is already where the gap starts compared to others tanks.

Anyhow, Krosus Mythic is doable, even without the need for externals and BiS legendaries. We took him a few times to the last platform only to die to enrage. This was with me being a Protection Warrior at 900 itemlevel and a Guardian Druid at 903 itemlevel.

The fight is really just about cooldown management, and the best way to do this is just to be spot on with tank-swapping as soon as the stacks fall off and using them on exactly the right moment. The Walls Fell is easily a good legendary for this as well, since it reduces the cooldown on Shield Wall significantly throughout the fight, and are less prone to panic because it is not off cooldown when you are going to take huge damage. I do agree that the bracers are somewhat too strong in general, compared to those who don't have it.
    Last edited by Apart; 2017-03-07 at 07:52 AM.

Deleted
    if i remember correctly i do ~375k hps with devastator and 450k with indom on this boss, with bracers/gloves legendaries. And i have a tendency to just mash the buttons instead of wait for the swing timer.

Is the effects of bad play with devastator really that big or does indom shine more on this fight then most cause there is more rage from damage? what kind of hps should you have with devastator?

Quote Originally Posted by Him of Many Faces View Post
    if i remember correctly i do ~375k hps with devastator and 450k with indom on this boss, with bracers/gloves legendaries. And i have a tendency to just mash the buttons instead of wait for the swing timer.

Is the effects of bad play with devastator really that big or does indom shine more on this fight then most cause there is more rage from damage? what kind of hps should you have with devastator?
    470k for me, same legendaries and with devastator.

Hello OP, when i see your logs, i only see a 10% uptime on Shieldblock? i have 90% uptime on this on the same fight.. resulting in me blocking 60% of the incomming physical damage, compared to your 30%... i see also that you are playing without gloves, so you do not need to wait for swingtimer, the difference is so minimal, and that is if you are playing total robot and doing it correct everytime, if your attention is drawn anywhere else, you actually loose survivability and dps... Appart from that i would take the talent choices that are suggested above, but remember you need to keep up your SB when you have aggro!

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

Drood tank:
    > 8 Million HP
    > Self Heal

Almost everything about this is wrong... i hope no one actually listens to you.

Legendary belt + Gauntlet? since when was Bracers\gauntlets NOT Best in Slot?
    Really? Droodtank monktank THEN DK? hohoho you must be living in an alternative dimension or something... read up man..

Then you are suggesting Royal Dagger haft here? with this high amount of dmg, any stamina trinket with an use on effect is better valued here...
    It doesnt help with a SPARE LIFE, if you die anyways... solve the source of the problem, dont try to counter it with a spare life from royal dagger... it is giving you + critical strike for the love of all that is holy.........................
    And then you come with the best one yet, the infernal contract trinket.. hahaha if death is his original problem, then this wont help at all taking 20% extra dmg for 30 secs counting up to over 1,5 MILLION damage... what are you on man? .. i mean stop giving shit advices to people...

Again, if your deaths are simulear to OP, its about wrong stat weights and totaly wrong rotation, and wrong usage on CD's
    If you or OP cant handle that, then yes you should reroll druid.
    Atleast OP is trying to get help with this, your just being total ignorant on the problem itself.
    Last edited by Archenius; 2017-03-08 at 09:39 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Archenius View Post
    And then you come with the best one yet, the infernal contract trinket.. hahaha if death is his original problem, then this wont help at all taking 20% extra dmg for 30 secs counting up to over 15 MILLION damage... what are you on man? .. i mean stop giving shit advices to people...
    Infernal Contract's 20% increased damage taken is capped at 1.75 million damage (i795), compared to the 4 million it can absorb. Its Stagger in a Trinket.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkXale View Post
    Infernal Contract's 20% increased damage taken is capped at 1.75 million damage (i795), compared to the 4 million it can absorb. Its Stagger in a Trinket.
    you're probably right, i havent done the research, just read the tooltip, still i would never choose a trinket that gives you increased income in dmg of any sort when the main problem is that i dies.

Deleted
    you're probably right, i havent done the research, just read the tooltip, still i would never choose a trinket that gives you increased income in dmg of any sort when the main problem is that i dies.
    Slightly increased sustained damage is easy for healers to deal with. High burst damage is not.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkXale View Post
    Slightly increased sustained damage is easy for healers to deal with. High burst damage is not.
    still my points stand, with our low hp base running devistator specc, i would go for something like animated exoskeleton.
    Then there is no increased damage to heal trough in the first place.

still my points stand, with our low hp base running devistator specc, i would go for something like animated exoskeleton.
    Then there is no increased damage to heal trough in the first place.
    Urge you to try out Infernal Contract if you have access to it. The damage reduction usually lasts for nearly the entire duration for me. Same with the drawback though, but that hasn't been an issue. It just seems to synergize extremely well with Ignore Pain, with IP being consumed before the trinket's shield. And well, when you're constantly pumping out big IPs, coupled with the 50% dmg reduction + any additional cooldowns you might have up, it takes a long time until you actually take that 4M damage. Saves my ass constantly in Mythic NH.

Quote Originally Posted by Soilx3 View Post
    Urge you to try out Infernal Contract if you have access to it. The damage reduction usually lasts for nearly the entire duration for me. Same with the drawback though, but that hasn't been an issue. It just seems to synergize extremely well with Ignore Pain, with IP being consumed before the trinket's shield. And well, when you're constantly pumping out big IPs, coupled with the 50% dmg reduction + any additional cooldowns you might have up, it takes a long time until you actually take that 4M damage. Saves my ass constantly in Mythic NH.
    yeah i get your point if you use it right, even tough i havent done the math... but again, i cant suggest this to tank that is struggling with mitigation, rotation and cooldown usage in the first place!

Deleted
    The weakness of Devastator lies in its low EHP and limited ability to survive burst damage. Exoskeleton is not as helpful in mitigating that weakness - Infernal is. Furthermore, Devastator excels at negating the Backlash damage from that trinket.
    Last edited by mmoca371db5304; 2017-03-08 at 09:32 AM.