Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    That's pretty ridiculous. It's not discrimination if you release content as it is, for public good. Just because it doesn't benefit everyone, doesn't mean it's made to discriminate. Or otherwise CEO jobs seem to discriminate against me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

When I was young, it was common for the guys to pay for their dates when going to a club, so many clubs gave free entry to the women to encourage patronage.

Along comes WOMEN complaining that this is discrimination and sure enough, I had to pay $12 for entry instead of $6 soon enough.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

Yes, even deaf people can be selfish asshats.

EDIT: I hope it doesn't go further than this. Otherwise, it might be time to make edits to the ADA. You can take nearly anything that is publicy provided and find someone who is unable to make use of due to some common or rare disability.
    Last edited by kail; 2017-03-08 at 08:33 AM.
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

Quote Originally Posted by Linadra View Post
    That's pretty ridiculous. It's not discrimination if you release content as it is,
    Correction - it shouldn't be ... but it is.

Businesses have been forced to close here because they couldn't afford to put in a disabled ramp - who wins? No-one. The disabled person still can't access the business.

I worked in a business 20 years ago, we didn't hire women EVER because of the anti-discrimination rules governing their hire.

Both the left and right keep forgetting that balance is the right place to exist.

You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.

We should get someone blind to sue Gallaudet University because I bet their internet presence is not accessible for the blind.

Victimhood at its best.

Also, news from a blog?..
    Money talks, bullshit walks..

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    Correction - it shouldn't be ... but it is.

Businesses have been forced to close here because they couldn't afford to put in a disabled ramp - who wins? No-one. The disabled person still can't access the business.

I worked in a business 20 years ago, we didn't hire women EVER because of the anti-discrimination rules governing their hire.

Both the left and right keep forgetting that balance is the right place to exist.
    I'm not sure that makes sense. How can business even afford single days electricity bill, if they can't afford an extremely simple ramp? To me it sounds like a business that already can't afford to run itself in the first place.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Slicer299 View Post
    The ruling is absolutely correct,
    If correct by a legal stance, the law needs to change.

maybe go read the law and educate yourself before making false statements.
    Problem, its neither a service, nor a public institution.
    Following your direction, Berkely would be required to add closed captioning to those videos anyway, because, statistically there is a hearing imparied student attending the school right now (and the videos are available to people affiliated with the university right now).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by IIBloodXLustII View Post
    Government regulation strikes again.
    No, Good intentions and superficial reading strikes again, don't blame the government for this.

I'm not sure that makes sense. How can business even afford single days electricity bill, if they can't afford an extremely simple ramp? To me it sounds like a business that already can't afford to run itself in the first place.
    In some cases they cannot "afford" them because other regulations forbid their construction, or because the layout of the building and its surrounding does not allow for it.
    I remember one place where they told the proprietor to build some ramp with less inclination than the street had.
    According to the relevant regulations it would have turned out 2km long to get rid of a step of 20cm.

Shame.
    Couldnt they let students/public help them make captions to save money and let the videos stay?

Quote Originally Posted by Noradin View Post
    In some cases they cannot "afford" them because other regulations forbid their construction, or because the layout of the building and its surrounding does not allow for it.
    I remember one place where they told the proprietor to build some ramp with less inclination than the street had.
    According to the relevant regulations it would have turned out 2km long to get rid of a step of 20cm.
    I very much doubt that in those cases you are forced to close business, if regulations both require a ramp, but won't allow you to build one. That's not pinned on the business owner, as they can't do both.

And as the cost, again, if someone claims their business can't afford this:

Without going bankrupt, then I say they weren't ever going to be successful. (yeah, that's portable, but stationary ones are even cheaper and more crude than that)

Quote Originally Posted by GoblinP View Post

yes, which even further mocks this ruling as absurd, because there clearly is at least one hearing impaired person attending Berkeley right now.
    Clearly at least one
    If I was a university I would -very loudly- advertise how we accept everyone including people with disabilities
    Then I would simply -and silently- decline their applications because the chances are, they will demand super-costly things like this

Deleted
    I very much doubt that in those cases you are forced to close business, if regulations both require a ramp, but won't allow you to build one. That's not pinned on the business owner, as they can't do both.

Without going bankrupt, then I say they weren't ever going to be successful. (yeah, that's portable, but stationary ones are even cheaper and more crude than that)
    I used to work in a pub, who got sued over the 'failure to accommodate' people in wheelchairs.
    Problem? - The building is listed and we were prohibited from making any alterations whatsoever.

This is like some nice guy coming into work and bringing morning cake, but the cake has nuts on it, so he is punished because that one person who has nut allergy, so no cake for anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    The handicappers general in the Department of Justice strike again:
    I saw what you did there.

- - - Updated - - -

I used to work in a pub, who got sued over the 'failure to accommodate' people in wheelchairs.
    Problem? - The building is listed and we were prohibited from making any alterations whatsoever.
    Accessibility trumps listed status around here... but then it is not taken seriously in the first place so whatever.

You assume those can be used anywhere and meet the requirements of all regulations about such things worldwide.
    If those were stationary they would be banned due to the danger they present to people using these stairs.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Flarelaine View Post
    Accessibility trumps listed status around here... but then it is not taken seriously in the first place so whatever.
    Sometimes it does, but not always.
    And sometimes accessibility is simply resonably impossible.
    Cannot have a restaurant add amps for "accessability" when the "street" they are situated at is in fact a set of stairs 1,2m wide winding up the side of the mountain the town is located upon.

Deleted

Those wonky rails look like a personal injury suit waiting to happen.

Maybe the real problem is that that the government and disabled aren't taken care of their own issues and expect everyone else to bear the cost.
    Problems with stairs? then make better wheelchairs.

Another problem is what about all the disabled people who can't go to university that will be deprived because of the removal. Should we get another lawsuit to reinstate these videos on the same basis that got them removed?
    Last edited by mmoc7ab228a6a0; 2017-03-08 at 12:52 PM.

Berkely isn't a public institution.
    Yes, it is.

'this' as you say doesn't mean H&S standards - at least where I live.

Sounds more like the Berkeley administration decided that their 5 figure bonuses were more important than this.
    Banned from Twitter by Elon, so now I'm your problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brexitexit View Post
    I am the total opposite of a cuck.