Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    I've been here before too. For a few years I just had my own guild with just me and my alts, no trade chat, no general chat. I pugged raids pretty successfully and only did the bosses I specifically needed.You get some negativity here and there but honestly I found it to make the game alot more enjoyable. Just me doing my thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Hagro View Post
    Why are you being so dramatic? If it bothers you more than you enjoy your game, quit the game dude. People in real world are like that too, should you stop living just because?
    It's not that black and white. I enjoy many aspects of WoW and the game is very solo friendly whether it's mount runs, tmog runs, farming this or that, achievements. I like doing that stuff but dealing with people in this game can be incredibly exhausting. He's asking is there a way to enjoy WoW but kinda not deal with people as much, and there is

One does not simply quit social media. One must always make a long dramatic post about why they're quitting social media. ~South Park

You do sound an awful lot like the PC police, looking for a 'safe space'. With that said though, maybe online gaming isn't for you. Negativity and toxicity are a simple fact of life if you want to do things with anonymous people on the internet. And even then, there's often at least -some- reason to it.

If someone's going out of their way to spill their negativity at -you specifically-, just tell them you don't like that? Leave trade / general / other public channels in WoW, find a proper guild that doesnt spam-recruit, and distance yourself from people who's conversations you don't enjoy. Sure, it'll limit your company by quite a bit, but not much is lost if the kind of company you lose just causes distress. It carries the risk of living in an echo chamber, but eh. If that's what makes you happy, who's to say you shouldn't try it?

15+ Year Old Account
    You wont find any love on here mate, this forum can be as toxic as the games themselves.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tart View Post
    You wont find any love on here mate, this forum can be as toxic as the games themselves.
    In fact, this forum can be waaay more toxic than game itself. I usually avoid most matchmaking stuff like RBG/LFR and I see almost 0 toxicity in game.

As for topic... it is really a problem, but sadly there is no good solution for it. Most ironic is that it really hurts constructive critic. When you try discuss some feature, for 1 good post there is 5: "blizz is shit", "wow is dead", and constant "hardcore-nolifers/filthy casuals" "remove Mythic/remove LFR" "flying/noflying" and many more battles. I can imagine that devs usually avoid that topics and every constructive post there is going to waste.

Quote Originally Posted by Lightbull View Post
    I'm just done.

I'm tired of people berating others, I'm tired of people berating the game devs, I'm tired of the negativity.

I don't give a shit what the reason is, I just want it to stop.

After 10 years of online gaming I thought I'd have a thicker skin towards this stuff but nothing has changed. I've accepted that this trend isn't going to change any time soon, so I want to just isolate myself from online communities. I've had enough.

With that said, I still love the games that I play, hence the purpose of this thread. How do I continue playing online games, but not have to listen to all the bullshit? Simply “not looking at the chat” isn't an option, since my eyes dart down to the chat every few minutes out of habit.

I'm going to sleep, I'll check replies in the morning.
    If you're done by would you check the replies?

Deleted
    I'm just done.

I'm tired of people berating others, I'm tired of people berating the game devs, I'm tired of the negativity.
    Yeah well, the public, open, unfiltered Internet is pretty tiresome place. Just like the public, unfiltered humanity is.
    Our brains are not built to operate on that level. We can only handle about 150-200 people with whom we can maintain stable social relationships with. Most online communities exceed that by - a lot. Which leads to the things you describe.

But if you try to limit yourself to smaller communities, I'm sure you'll find quite different community feeling (a real one).
    Try it out.

And maybe this old article will help: http://www.cracked.com/article_14990...keysphere.html
    Last edited by mmoc0e47cbaaf5; 2017-03-08 at 02:06 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    I don't blame you, it's why I gave up Xbox Live more than 10 years ago and any connected console game.

Apparently I was a N word c-sucker or liked sucking N C's a whole lot and of course a sissy F word in every game I played. It was so joyous to beat someone or have someone beat you and regardless... you were all of the above. Why bother.

WoW just became... well, not toxic but lost its sense of community with group and raid finder, communities and server reputation no longer mattered.

Online gaming bleh, play with people you know, the rest of the world, including Facebook and Twitter can burn in irrelevancy.

7+ Year Old Account
    It sounds a little bit like you just went through the "For Honor" forums which made me question humanity a bit.

Good lord that place is a mess! And people can't stand one another there if they don't agree to what 'Honor' even is and say "In a 4vs4 or a 2vs2 game, respect people's 1vs1 duels AT. ALL. TIMES." And when you point out there is a 1vs1 mode they go LA-LA-LA-LA-LA or just throw insults at you.

Makes me appreciate MMO-Champion a lot more. <3 Unless it's the "Off-topic" thread...

Deleted
    I'm just done with online communities.
    he says using the forum of an ONLINE COMMUNITY.....
    you forgot the /s tag!

Don't look at the chat. Don't read forums. You aren't going to change anyone, the only person you can change is yourself so take responsibility and act in line with your interests.

15+ Year Old Account
    "I'm done with online communities" he says, to his online community...

7+ Year Old Account
    I'm just done.

After 10 years of online gaming I thought I'd have a thicker skin towards this stuff but nothing has changed. I've accepted that this trend isn't going to change any time soon, so I want to just isolate myself from online communities. I've had enough.

With that said, I still love the games that I play, hence the purpose of this thread. How do I continue playing online games, but not have to listen to all the bullshit? Simply “not looking at the chat” isn't an option, since my eyes dart down to the chat every few minutes out of habit.

WoW especially has become toxic, the game doesn't promote community, team play at all since Vanilla/TBC and to some extend In Wrath. And since Cataclysm the community, playing together, helping out has died off entirely, Blizzard Is partly to blame here as not only the community needs to be nice, It's also the game that should support the idea of doing this with your friends, with people you never met and make friends.

As far as I recall, one of the M's In MMO still stands for Multiplayer, yet Legion Is a very solo centered expansion, you don't need anyone, you can just be a lonely casual sod and get the best fudging gear In the game, If not as good as gear that a Mythic Raider might have, especially If you paid to be boosted through everything.
    Permabanned on WoW since April 14th 2015, main acc I had since vanilla gone and trashed for no good reason, 6+ years later still banned with more appeals resulting in my BATTLENET games being suspended for a month eachtime I try making TICKETS because I'm asking for help with the perma ban. Blizzard has stopped caring for their first veteran players and would rather we leave, considering the Lawsuit, can you afford to keep peps banned even for so long under questionable circumstances?

I crossed my fingers that the OP would turn out to be Tennisace.

Very dissapointing

If you were really done you would not have even bothered writing this post. Kind of reminds of the quitting twitter stuff in South Park.

I'm just done.

Awwwww we'll miss you random stranger.

Deleted
    Just disable all chat except for whispers and guild? EZ LIEF

--SNIP--

Don't post spam
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2017-03-08 at 05:40 PM.

I'm done with online communities. I'm just done.
    lol
    /10 characters

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

"i'm done" "i'll check for replies in the morning"

Sounds like you aren't.