Thread: New PTR build

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

New PTR build

Sweet souls was brought back to original value of 50% unbuffed meaning its a 100% buff under reap

Hmm whats strange is it healed me for 100% with reap active but sstill showing 25% heal unbuffed

Also they fixed the reap cap to make reap and sow legendary get it's full benefit

With the new reap trait on drain and reap and sow you maintain 100% reap buff.
    Last edited by erinthea; 2017-03-08 at 06:09 AM.

Has there been any info on how long Flame Rifts will last?

they removed the double relics trait research

Quote Originally Posted by erinthea View Post
    they removed the double relics trait research
    We don't really need any more RNG. I still rock with a 917 weapon, the relics just won't drop.

Also they fixed the reap cap to make reap and sow legendary get it's full benefit
    Reap and Sow already on live gives a 1:18 buff with 12 stacks. What do you mean?

Quote Originally Posted by muto View Post
    Has there been any info on how long Flame Rifts will last?
    I'm sure the answer to that is an algorithm that has it last anywhere between 1-5 seconds where each result also requires another iteration of a roll between 1-100 where if it's an even value it fails and rolls again. Should the value prevail, it will just revert to 0 seconds and destruction warlocks are still fucked.

That is powerful.
    Edit Signature.

Quote Originally Posted by Jellospally View Post
    Reap and Sow already on live gives a 1:18 buff with 12 stacks. What do you mean?
    They corrected how the buff applies on PTR it stacks now so say you have 4 tormented stacked and your reap buff is at 18 seconds on live clicking reap makes your buff duration 20 on ptr it makes it 38 however when they made this change to keep it from being exploited they made it cap at 60 seconds (which unintentionally nerfed the reap cloak, as it only was a benefit for first 9 stacks after that it capped at 60 seconds) Now it has the new stacking functionality but also raises the cap to 78 seconds just like on live. It works really well I think the cloak may just be the best Legendary now

Think about it it gives a 20% chance to give a tormented soul with the new trait which if you are draining soul for 7 ticks in a drain cycle (5ish seconds) reap and sow cloak gives a 6.5 sec reap buff which means during that 6.5 seconds you have 8-9 chances to retain your reap buff at 20% per chance in addition to the normal chance to get a tormented soul. during lust your tormented stacks so quickly and after you get to a point like say over 30 seconds your tormenteds stack until you eventually get to 78 seconds and pretty much cycles between 50-78 for any fight duration. It's amazing.
    Last edited by erinthea; 2017-03-08 at 07:55 AM.

This is kind of bad and good news. Good because we now have high uptime of reap. Bad because we're immobile drain soul turret (with shitty t20 bonuses) and all of our damage backed into reap. Soul generation outside of DS is non existant still and our damage outside reap+mg is still at 7.1 level. Literally we have 0 problems adressed (ramp, dot refresh, etc).

Also the BS where legendaries in your bags count toward your iLVL has been fixed ilvl now shows max equippable ilvl

Deleted
    My guess is that Tormented Soul will still proc much more with the T19 4-set from Agony than they ever will from the new Drain Soul based artifact bonus.

And of course, Drain Soul means you have to stand and turret, whereas Agony procs are mobile. Particularly with Soul Effigy.

Fac eit folks; those T20 bonuses ain;t gonna change. Placeholders my arse. Anyone familiar with patch history knows that any "idea" in the first iteration of the patch
    is there to stay except for numbers tweaks.

Like Soul Effigy, everyone said it was crap, did they change it? Nah it was "the idea". They just nerfed it several times lolol

yes warlock shit t20 bonuses and one useless sinister seed traits are going to be released as is.

Quote Originally Posted by Nebiroth99 View Post
    My guess is that Tormented Soul will still proc much more with the T19 4-set from Agony than they ever will from the new Drain Soul based artifact bonus.

And of course, Drain Soul means you have to stand and turret, whereas Agony procs are mobile. Particularly with Soul Effigy.

Fac eit folks; those T20 bonuses ain;t gonna change. Placeholders my arse. Anyone familiar with patch history knows that any "idea" in the first iteration of the patch
    is there to stay except for numbers tweaks.

Like Soul Effigy, everyone said it was crap, did they change it? Nah it was "the idea". They just nerfed it several times lolol
    Tormented souls has nothing to do with Agony, that is for soul shards which is a completely different resource system. but yes losing 4 piece tier 19 is going to hurt soul shard generation, may be a good idea to bake something similar to 4 tier 19 into that trait that now does next to nothing for seed. I can forsee many going the 4 piece tier 19 titanforged and maybe a 2 piece tier 20 just for this reason otherwise.

Aaand fears confirmed.

Specs going to be incredibly dull.

Quote Originally Posted by Inci View Post
    That is powerful.
    Not exactly, it means the spec will now be tuned around 100% up time going forward. So where you have the situation now where you feel powerful with it up etc, instead you'll have the situation where you're just weak without it.

100% up time is a bad thing.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

Quote Originally Posted by Baconeggcheese View Post
    Aaand fears confirmed.

I agree, for me the spec was more fun while we were in EN/ToV, I still like the current but I prefer the previous one before the introduction of MG, and now going forward turning the spec into "maintain reap" is boring indeed.
    Edit Signature.

I would rather have a known controllable duration and be tuned for it than more RNG BS that we are tuned around so that when RNG is bad we fail when RNG is good we look like gods to get used as nerf bait for other classes. This way we do the dps expected of us (if played correctly) the bad part is we need to have talents balanced to make sure the other abilities on MG row become more even. As warlocks are pretty much mid pack in DPS the other talents need to be buffed to match MG.

The original mechanic was on a timer instead of a proc, people giving feedback asking for it to be turned into what it currently is like myself wanted it to remain on a timer instead of being a proc, and having it tuned around that so the souls mechanic was almost entirely there to prop up the spec in situations with rapidly dying adds instead of being a RNG proc that would inevitably get turned into a maintenance buff.

We saw this path coming back in alpha, gave feedback warning against it, and well... here we are. The mechanic could have been something positive, its unfortunate its become what we feared it would.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

Deleted
    Aaand fears confirmed.

Not exactly, it means the spec will now be tuned around 100% up time going forward. So where you have the situation now where you feel powerful with it up etc, instead you'll have the situation where you're just weak without it.

the good old curse of maintenance buffs, am i right?

Deleted

Pseudo-Haunt returns I guess?

Quote Originally Posted by Nagassh View Post
    Pseudo-Haunt returns I guess?
    with no animation lel.
    Edit Signature.