Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    Republicans just need to grow their villain mustaches to twirl when speaking on TV. Everything would make more sense then.
    They sound like the large ham over the top cliche Goa'uld villians in Stargate SG-1 (it was explained in-universe why they were like that). It's kind of funny actually.

I personally have decided that I will not pay any medical costs that I consider "unreasonable" from this point forward. I hope that I have large debts accumulated when I die too. And I have made arrangements to liquidate everything I have and donate it in cash to an animal shelter if anything should happen to me. They can bill god for the debt as far as I'm concerned.

[QUOTE=Ajjax;44933383]
    Quote Originally Posted by ati87 View Post
    Maybe it's just my country but not every company is located in a public place where people know the locations of every company. But then again you literally ignored the first part about ''quicker and cheaper''

- - - Updated - - -

A smarthphone isn't a expensive tech.....I can buy one as cheap as 60 euro. And since in this age where you are expected to be available 8 hours a day when looking for a job having a contract isn't a totally new expense anyway.

- - - Updated - - -

i didnt say having a contract is a new expense, i said that it is an expense. Entitlement is a real thing and there are people in this country use it as a crutch, you can't even say it's false. Im a vp of sales for a medical company and there is zero expectation of being available, i also have plenty of people on my sales force who don't have smart phones or the ridiculous contacts that come with them from Verizon etc. Stop deflecting
    And I'm Bill Gates...see how stupid it sounds when you claim you're something.

And nobody is deflecting anything, pointing out that having a smartphone is a important piece of tech in our every day life to the point in having access to. You know who agrees with me? Huge part of the word that thinks that access to internet is a basic right.

http://www.businessinsider.com/un-sa...n-right-2016-7

Only person that is deflecting is you

Also the entire argument is stupid to begin with, first their is no research backing the claim that people are buying Iphones instead of ABC
    Second the cost of having asmarthphone on it aren't the same as healthcare, epscially not in the US
    Third ignoring the benefits of having a smarthphone

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ItachiZaku View Post
    I'd never vote for that cocksucker. I voted for Cecil and Harambe.
    You know using the word ''Cock'' kind of gives away from what side of the political spectrum you and invalidates you're entire opinion plus I never said voter.

Quote Originally Posted by sarahtasher View Post
    http://gizmodo.com/top-republican-sa...pho-1793036589

Personally, I would dearly like to know how someone in the entire Western world can live in 2017 and have a vague hope of life improvement without some kind of internet access , as a smartphone or computer are not exactly luxury goods.

(Yes,ty for pointing out that there are cheapter smartphone than the IPhone, thanks)
    He didn't say they shouldn't have them, he said maybe not the newest one....

Deleted
    They can get a refurbished smartphone though.

Deleted
    For the Netherlands, internet and a computer is a necessity. In America it probably depends where you live.

And dam America healthcare system is really bad. It so vital to your survival that i have this comparison in my head of ancient days where you just did anything to get some food to survive. Now you do anything and need to sacrifice everything just to get health insurance.

Deleted
    To be clear

A smartphone in 2017 is a basic necessity, for a variety of reasons

But as usual, that is not what he was talking about

Specifically:

“And so maybe rather than getting that new iPhone that they just love and they want to go spend hundreds of dollars on that, maybe they should invest that in their own healthcare,” Chaffetz continued.

new iPhone

The latest iphone is not a basic necessity smartphone, it's a luxury item

It's like a Republican saying "poor people shouldn't be going out buying a Rolex" - and then usual SJWs here claiming "conservatives think poor people shouldn't be allowed to buy a watch! OMG!"

Get a grip

Seriously the excessive victim complex is turning every left-wing journalist into Alex Jones level insane
    Last edited by mmoca8403991fd; 2017-03-09 at 09:07 AM.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    'Poor' people don't have it nearly as rough as the word 'poor' suggests.
    There is really one thing that really, REALLY annoys me in particular:

Low income housing - super low rent ; but brand new 55k SUV in their parking stall
    It really makes me think sometimes I'm doing shit wrong, maybe I should pop out a kid or two, maybe only work 20 hours a week instead of the 52 I'm currently doing. Then maybe I can too get cheap rent, a nice new car, free food, free phone, free medical, and a big fat tax refund at the end of the year because I'm 'poor' and have kids.
    The rage....

Quote Originally Posted by flam View Post

Low income housing - super low rent ; but brand new 55k SUV in their parking stall
    It really makes me think sometimes I'm doing shit wrong, maybe I should pop out a kid or two, maybe only work 20 hours a week instead of the 52 I'm currently doing. Then maybe I can too get cheap rent, a nice new car, free food, free phone, free medical, and a big fat tax refund at the end of the year because I'm 'poor' and have kids.
    The rage....
    You need to learn to "work the system". Unfortunately, there are people that have been doing that for generations.
    They prefer to blame others and the government on the plight as it suits their needs. They also continue to suck off the government teet.
    There is also a particular party that panders to these people's needs. They want to keep them and their children on the government teet as long as they can so they can guarantee their party's future.

What needs to happen is a system that rewards people for working instead of rewarding them for not working.

Quote Originally Posted by Xarim View Post
    To be clear

A smartphone in 2017 is a basic necessity, for a variety of reasons

But as usual, that is not what he was talking about

Specifically:

“And so maybe rather than getting that new iPhone that they just love and they want to go spend hundreds of dollars on that, maybe they should invest that in their own healthcare,” Chaffetz continued.

new iPhone

The latest iphone is not a basic necessity smartphone, it's a luxury item

It's like a Republican saying "poor people shouldn't be going out buying a Rolex" - and then usual SJWs here claiming "conservatives think poor people shouldn't be allowed to buy a watch! OMG!"

Get a grip

Seriously the excessive victim complex is turning every left-wing journalist into Alex Jones level insane
    Oh come you don't see what the real problem is?

Lets take you're example

"poor people shouldn't be going out buying a Rolex"
    poor people, or people in general aren't buying stupid real rolex watches but by saying that they are you're making a argument based on so many falsehoods/alternative facts that the entire discussion starts on a false premise. .

Same with this asshole that said ''don't buy the latest iphone'', maybe you should come up with proof that people are buying overpriced Iphones instead of XYZ.

Only people acting like a victim are right wingers that whine about being taken out of context while context is pretty clear.

- - - Updated - - -

The rage....
    Maybe they saved money for that car? Or maybe they have a young adult that doesn't have that much expenses (rent etc.) because he is living at home and saved up money?

My younger brother bought a 2e hand car for 20K because he was living at home and started working since he was 17 for his car.

Their are maybe a ton of legal and fine explanations without having to resort to fraud or starving yourself
    Last edited by ati87; 2017-03-09 at 10:57 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sheggaro View Post
    Well he's entirely correct. An Iphone is a super expensive phone, a luxury good in other words.
    He's partially correct. An iPhone doesn't cost anywhere near as much as insurance does, but as far as phones go the iPhone is a very expensive one. There are plenty of cheaper (smart) phones to be had.

Quote Originally Posted by IIamaKing View Post
    Then your company should provide you a phone for doing business. I say this as a guy who worked for Honeywell doing HVAC for 5 years with a father in the field for 50 years. He has had a company phone or pager forever.
    So, yes! It is needed for your work, which is why any HVAC company worth a shit provides them for you.
    I am provided one , just staging having a smartphone is essential for some people is all.

Quote Originally Posted by Vayshan View Post
    He's partially correct. An iPhone doesn't cost anywhere near as much as insurance does, but as far as phones go the iPhone is a very expensive one. There are plenty of cheaper (smart) phones to be had.
    The whole statement by the republican is based on a false presumption without backing up research to support it.

For example during my final thesis I learned that any claim I make I need to be able to show research to support that claim. SO if I say the sky is purple I need to back up that claim with research based on proper methodology.
    But then again this claim, that people that can't afford healthcare are buying Iphones and what not has no research backing that up. People in the US aren't buying 27 Iphone plus a year instead of healthcare...

https://www.washingtonpost.com/poste...=.c0a2f50428d2

While he has been met with justifiable derision for the comparison (Christopher Ingraham walked through the math for us, pointing out that a year’s worth of health care would equal 23 iPhone 7 Pluses in price),
    The right wing always do this crap, they make either a strawman argument (example you want XYZ to kill everybody) or base their entire argument on a false premise like this without any backing up with proof.

If you did this at any avg Uni with a avg teacher you would send home to rewrite the entire thesis from scratch.

Quote Originally Posted by Akaihiryuu View Post
    They sound like the large ham over the top cliche Goa'uld villians in Stargate SG-1 (it was explained in-universe why they were like that). It's kind of funny actually.

I personally have decided that I will not pay any medical costs that I consider "unreasonable" from this point forward. I hope that I have large debts accumulated when I die too. And I have made arrangements to liquidate everything I have and donate it in cash to an animal shelter if anything should happen to me. They can bill god for the debt as far as I'm concerned.
    Sounds like a great way to wreck your credit and make the rest of your life more difficult than it needs to be.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Moggie View Post
    Do link your source.
    What is with you people and asking for sources? You realize that poor people don't go out and advertise their poor spending choices, right? The only sources are word of mouth, of which there is plenty. The point, however, is that a lot of poor people are poor because they don't know how to spend their money. The fact that some of you are finding this so hard to believe that you're asking for sources is mind-boggling! How do you think people get poor in the first place? It isn't always just them getting fucked over by "the man." A great deal of poor people are poor because their spend their money on stuff that they don't need.

Should healthcare be free? Sure. Is that really feasible? Well, people who aren't doing any kind of research into the matter sure seem to think so... but they're comparing us to nations that have completely different setups, tax structures, and government programs. In other words, they're making completely inaccurate comparisons. So, who really knows if it's feasible? Just because Canada can do it (and, no, it's not free there, either. Taxes, you know? Nor is it perfect, with bad waiting times and limited coverage) doesn't mean it's going to work that way here.

There should never be that kind of unnecessary worry placed on people.
    One thing that most people don't seem to get, though, is that most people put that worry on themselves. Every person out there who spends their money on expensive things that they don't need or can't even afford, while not paying for health insurance, is fucking themselves over... and, yet, they're blaming everyone else. It's really not hard to survive off a basic wage, assuming you're actually spending your money properly. A lot of people are poor because they don't even try to do that. So, instead of buying a new iPhone every time it releases, maybe they should just hold onto their old phone for a while, so they can take care of their basic human needs. Instead of spending thousands on cigarettes, slowly killing themselves, maybe spend a few hundred on health care and the rest on decent food and other necessities. Instead of buying junk food and soda, buy real food and spend the savings on something else that you need. There are literally hundreds of little differences in spending choices that can be made that make it much easier to save money while living a healthier life.

Or they can just keep doing what they're doing and blame everyone else.
    Last edited by Belloc; 2017-03-09 at 02:27 PM.
    Grand Crusader Belloc <-- 6608 Endless Tank Proving Grounds score! (
    Dragonslayer Kooqu

[QUOTE=ati87;44939676]
    Quote Originally Posted by Ajjax View Post

And I'm Bill Gates...see how stupid it sounds when you claim you're something.

And nobody is deflecting anything, pointing out that having a smartphone is a important piece of tech in our every day life to the point in having access to. You know who agrees with me? Huge part of the word that thinks that access to internet is a basic right.

http://www.businessinsider.com/un-sa...n-right-2016-7

Only person that is deflecting is you

Also the entire argument is stupid to begin with, first their is no research backing the claim that people are buying Iphones instead of ABC
    Second the cost of having asmarthphone on it aren't the same as healthcare, epscially not in the US
    Third ignoring the benefits of having a smarthphone

- - - Updated - - -

You know using the word ''Cock'' kind of gives away from what side of the political spectrum you and invalidates you're entire opinion plus I never said voter.
    You clearly didn't read if you think anything of my statements are a deflection, no need to twist the words kiddo

All of these views are in the eye of the beholder, you look just as stupid for claiming a huge part of the world agrees with you, so way to go contradicting yourself and your entire argument.
    Last edited by Ajjax; 2017-03-09 at 03:36 PM.

7+ Year Old Account

The rage....
    Because every poor person has a 55k SUV right?

Partying in Valhalla
    15+ Year Old Account

The rage....
    Well, the 52 thing... Yeah, work 40 instead. I'm not "poor", but screw working extra hours on a salary unless I have to. Want me to work longer? Put me on hourly and pay me overtime.

Quote Originally Posted by fadedmind View Post
    I am provided one , just staging having a smartphone is essential for some people is all.
    I agree with that, But I would say the vast majority of them that truly NEED one for a job are either provided one or the job pays enough that owning one is not a hardship.
    READ and be less Ignorant.

The rage....
    If their life is so great why not emulate it?

Man, what I wouldn't give to be poor, those guys get all the breaks!

Quote Originally Posted by jakeic View Post
    If their life is so great why not emulate it?

Man, what I wouldn't give to be poor, those guys get all the breaks!
    Like my poor friend, who has only had 1 job in his life at a pizza place when he was 18? Has free housing, a caret taker that cooks, cleans and does his shopping (he's on disposability for being fat) Does nothing but sit around and watch TV on his big flat screen or play video games on his PS4, computer or laptop.

Sounds nice but I want more out of life than that.

Quote Originally Posted by Masark View Post
    Yup, the instant one falls on hard times, they should sell everything at a loss and purchase cheap and inferior replacements that will cost them more money in the long run.
    Yeah nice try.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Allybeboba View Post
    Almost like seeing that person begging on the corner and then seeing them get in a new car. Almost...
    Almost like scammers don't exist. Almost...
    Disarm now correctly removes the targets’ arms.