Page 1 of 2
LastLast

If my AP is "capped", should I use my AP items or sell them?

Is there any point of me using the artifact power items I get now if I'm already capped?
    I mean am I just wasting them, or can I use them in preparation for the next patch - or will Blizzard reset any AP we have saved up when the patch hits?

You can't use them if you already have 54 traits. They won't work once 7.2 hits and we get new traits. It's safe to use them on another spec or sell them.

Quote Originally Posted by Todesbote View Post
    You can't use them if you already have 54 traits. They won't work once 7.2 hits and we get new traits. It's safe to use them on another spec or sell them.
    Hm. I'm confused. How many times can you put points in the final trait? I've been maxing out my disc artifact even though I only play holy and shadow because I thought you could only put one point in the final trait. Damn -.-

7+ Year Old Account
    wut.... you thought the aritfact ended with 35.....
    yeah man you have only just started
    artifact maxes at 54, and for 7.2 you will want your main weapons 54... so better get farming
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Quote Originally Posted by Explicit Teemo Nudes View Post
    Hm. I'm confused. How many times can you put points in the final trait? I've been maxing out my disc artifact even though I only play holy and shadow because I thought you could only put one point in the final trait. Damn -.-
    You can put up to 20 points in the final trait.

lol just use it if you gonna bother with your other specs but yeah if you dont get to 54 youll just be slightly behind

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    wut.... you thought the aritfact ended with 35.....
    yeah man you have only just started
    artifact maxes at 54, and for 7.2 you will want your main weapons 54... so better get farming
    Why? I don't raid, so I don't think it's that important. Unless you mean there's content locked behind not getting my weapon to 54?

And yeah well, I thought 5% increased healing for a single point was a lot, so if I can put 20 points in it... seems a bit absurd :P

Thanks everyone for your answers!

7+ Year Old Account
    Why? I don't raid, so I don't think it's that important. Unless you mean there's content locked behind not getting my weapon to 54?

And yeah well, I thought 5% increased healing for a single point was a lot, so if I can put 20 points in it... seems a bit absurd :P

yes there is stuff locked behind max weapon
    acheive, for some classes pet (dk and monk) and for most of the other classes their other mount colours
    for paladin for example you get 1 colour, then the other 3 are from maxing the other weapons

It's 5% for the 1st point , and 0.5% for every point after that

Thx to Isilrien for the awesome sig

Deleted
    Why? I don't raid, so I don't think it's that important.
    If you don't raid (or run highlevel m+), you can safely put the extra points to your off spec, just just vendor for gold. Or you can keep putting points in the artifact until it hits 54.
    None of it really matters are all, if you're not doing "competitive content" - just do whatever seems like fun.

Performance wise, you'll be fine questing, doing WQs, LFR and running dungeons without any points in the artifact - the 35 you've got now is enough.

So do what feels like fun. The extra traits matter only if you're a hardcore raider

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Is there any point of me using the artifact power items I get now if I'm already capped?
    I mean am I just wasting them, or can I use them in preparation for the next patch - or will Blizzard reset any AP we have saved up when the patch hits?
    Seeing that you didn't know that you can put 20 points into that final trait, you should maybe worry about doing that first. As far as your response of "I don't raid so I don't need it", there's still no reason or benefit to not doing so
    Sylvaeres-Azkial-Pailerth @Proudmoore

They have no literal use so sell them

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Actually for 7.2 he wants it at 35. THe extra points will only buy him a couple of traits which he will farm significantly faster as soon as AK kicks in.
    well the 54 gives a good head start, and yes he could wait till then but still

why use your extra gold trait, because u dont raid? Why use heals if you dps? Its an a ability that you can use. more is better.

Quote Originally Posted by Azkial View Post
    Seeing that you didn't know that you can put 20 points into that final trait, you should maybe worry about doing that first. As far as your response of "I don't raid so I don't need it", there's still no reason or benefit to not doing so
    My response was to the comment of "better get farming".
    I'm not saying it's useless to put more points in my artifact weapon, I'm just saying there's no reason to farm myself to death if I'm not doing any high end content and if I'd rather do other more fun things in the game. The extra points will def. help in "low play" content aswell, but I just don't think it's worth it to go out of my way and farm for AP tokens.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Redbear View Post
    why use your extra gold trait, because u dont raid? Why use heals if you dps? Its an a ability that you can use. more is better.
    Not really sure what you're trying to say with this comment.

I already vendor my 10 point chips as I'm leveling. Hell, I vendor most of them if I'm leveling quickly - sometimes I'll forget, but no point in using them or even going to get them. As for max at max, keep the biggest ones and vendor the others I guess.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Actually for 7.2 he wants it at 35. THe extra points will only buy him a couple of traits which he will farm significantly faster as soon as AK kicks in.
    It will actually get you 4 total traits and your weapon will be back at 39 immediately. Yes, AK will ramp that up but having a 5 day head start for some classes will be nice.

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ItachiZaku View Post
    I already vendor my 10 point chips as I'm leveling. Hell, I vendor most of them if I'm leveling quickly - sometimes I'll forget, but no point in using them or even going to get them. As for max at max, keep the biggest ones and vendor the others I guess.
    I don't loot chests till 110, as I remember they don't give xp. The AP tokens inside scale with AK.

Right now I do loot chests early on at AK20-25 tho, in the end it doesn't really matter much with 7.2 AP in the billions.

In a couple months when we get AK45 for alts that 10 chip turns into a 1.4+ million all of a sudden :P (which is nice from trait 1-35, but after that it scales like crazy)
    Last edited by Teri; 2017-03-09 at 04:14 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    also, 7.2 will be here before you know it! I mean, we are seeing tons of boss's being tested for Tomb of Sarg - so.. you won't have to wait too long IMO

Quote Originally Posted by Teri View Post
    I don't loot chests till 110, as I remember they don't give xp. The AP tokens inside scale with AK.
    10's become 2500, 20s 5K. Like you said, when you need millions... seems too minimal. Heck, even timewalking only gives 13.5K per boss, which is booboo, considering.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.