Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Cerunnir View Post
    The sense of community was the biggest thing for me in classic wow. Before LFG, server transfers and not to mention a much smaller playerbase you actually got to know other people on your server. People knew you, they knew you were worth taking with to a dungeon or not and most people worked to protect their reputation. If someone were a notorious ass, everyone eventually knew and there was no name change or server transfers to mend that.
    This. Very true. I'd love to re-experience something like this one day again !
    "There is no end to education. It is not that you read a book, pass an examination, and finish with education. The whole of life, from the moment you are born to the moment you die, is a process of learning." by Jiddu Krishnamurti, Philosopher and Educator

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Marston View Post
    In Vanilla?
    I miss read your comment I thought you was referring to now with the mount :P but I agree, also it was apain to even have the gold to get the mount at 40 if it was your first

With current knowledge i would be able to perform with classes no one used as dps. But why would i ? when i could perform so much better as a rogue than anything else.

15+ Year Old Account
    Well what I'd do is make loads of suggestions to Blizzard on how to improve the game and they'd be so impressed they'd hire me

Quote Originally Posted by Vrothgar View Post
    How would you play Vanilla if it reset/you could travel in time with current knowledge
    I probably wouldn't play at all. There would be no itch to scratch when there's nothing to return to and I'd have no desire to start.

Shit, i'd play it all over again

Vanilla WoW was an adventure, modern WoW is a job

Quote Originally Posted by lokoma View Post
    with a statement like that you either 1 Not a gamer or 2 did not ever experience classic
    They game was down all the time then on random days too. This carried through into BC and part of Wrath. Now the game goes down sometimes Tuesday morning, in the US, beyond that you might get a quick 15 minute or less rolling restart the week patches hit so they can hot fix things. It wasn't uncommon for the game to be down all of Tuesday in the past then keep being shut down through the week before. Games that have had that sort of issues in recent years were quickly abandoned.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by rad586 View Post
    Can't be worse than leveling a paladin back in those days.
    You have no idea. You had bubble and self-healing, at least.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vidget View Post
    Well if you don't bring repair bots as a serious raiding guild I don't know what's wrong with you. Yes repair bots existed in vanilla too.

it costs a ton to make one (also it wasent added till 1.11 so... it wasent in the game till naxramas)

also again, even on the PS it was done in 1 day... (i thouhgt it was 1 day 1 week, but turns out i was wrong is was literally done in one day)
    Last edited by FelPlague; 2017-03-09 at 05:11 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post

it costs a ton to make one (also it wasent added till 1.11 so... it wasent in the game till naxramas)
    Another one of those private server players that tries to tell people how it was back in Vanilla not realizing it wasn't like that in actual Vanilla.

And why is this thread even a thing? The other PS/Vanilla threads not good enough?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    Another one of those private server players that tries to tell people how it was back in Vanilla not realizing it wasn't like that in actual Vanilla.

And why is this thread even a thing? The other PS/Vanilla threads not good enough?
    people who want to cry about how horrible blizzard are will make thread after thread after thread about it : /
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Quote Originally Posted by Packers01 View Post
    He's 100% spot on.

10+ Year Old Account
    if i could go back 12 years i certainly wouldn't waste it playing wow

If Blizzard supported and executed well a progression server, I would play the hell out of it. Not sure if that helps the discussion.

Deleted
    Vanilla was amazing, but it was amazing because it was new and you needed to figure out things.

For example LEGION was basically figured out before it came out. Boss guides on youtube. Class guides on icy veins. Quest guides on wowhead. etc.

While this was true to some extend with vanilla, it was nowhere near as figured out. And then there was the charme of doing tedious things.

Vanilla really doesn't hold up anymore. It would be rather difficult to play with nowadays mind and knowing what is possible.

The greatest thing about Vanilla simply was the community, you knew people from your server, you knew the opposing factions players, you had rivalries, you had friends. It was the time where memories were made. Even friendships for eternity. Even love for some people.
    For many people it was their first mmo and everyone was so bad at the game it was hilarous.

I pity everyone who joined later and never experienced the magic of something fresh. It really was something special. Especially PvP, Onyxia and Molten Core.

But still I probably wouldn't want to play it again, because I already experienced it. I can't go back to 20fps 4:3 800x600 2005 gaming.

WoW got A LOT of Quality of Life built into their game and going back is not really possible. Vanilla was still the best time, because things were real back then and man the emotions. Now everything is rather ... calculated and figured out.

If I could go all Eternal Sunshine on my mind then I would definitively play Vanilla again.

Each game was different in its own way... I dont hold any special love of vanilla for me tbc was the gem of the crown but if I am being honest the game has devolved in more ways then it has evolved at least from my perspective.

You drop a lfd group from legion into tbc heroics and it would be a massacre.

Vanilla was only good because everything was new, mysterious and vast at the time. So nah.
    Now you see it. Now you don't.

But was where Dalaran?

Herald of the Titans SoulSoBreezy's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'd wait till BC when I can roll a Horde Paladin.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Marston View Post
    I already can't bring myself to level a second character to max level because I get bored. Knowing I have to level on foot until level 40, everything taking ages and other stuff, I would probably give it a try, because I missed most of the raids back in the day and would really like to see them at an appropriate level, but I would probably get bored in the level 30-40 level range, because I hate all zones in that level range (Desolace, Arathi, 1k needles - Strangle can't really be started until the late 30s).
    I can't make myself level a new character currently either, but for other reasons... reasons that wouldn't bother me in vanilla...

I tried to level a monk recently, and it was so god damn easy that I took off all my gear, weapons, armor, trinkets, rings, neck, everything... and was still 2-3 hit killing enemies in the 20-30 range. THAT is fucking boring, like holy hell it was way too easy, easy shit can't keep my attention... I haven't been able to force myself to level a new character since the stat squish fucked everything up with WoD's release... It wasn't this pathetically easy before the squish, they didn't re-balance things properly afterwards.

In contrast, I recently leveled 1-60 on the private server, you know the one, and had a blast.
    Last edited by Schattenlied; 2017-03-09 at 06:24 PM.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.