Page 1 of 53
... LastLast

Why is America given shit over Nagasaki and Hiroshima?

Japan raped its way across China and was in league with a nation that wanted to commit genocide on those it deemed impure, alcoholics, addicts and so on.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nanking_Massacre

They did horrible things that make the atomic bombs look like vacation. While the civilians were not directly guilty ( they still fed those soldiers, produced their weapons and ensured they had a place to retreat to ) of all those things, they were still what kept the army afloat.

So why exactly is it wrong, in a war against an axis of tyrants and psychopaths, to fight fire with fire? Had the Axis won we'd have seen hundreds of millions killed due to their race. Two atomic bombs are a small price to pay in order to quell that evil for good.

What kind of General could look the wives of his fallen soldiers in the eyes and say

'' We could've ended the war sooner. Your husband would still be alive, had I bombed their cities. But I put the lives of their civilians, the ones that feed the army, above that of my own men. "

Holy hell, I'd see that as treason. As the military leader your main goal is to kill the enemy and protect your own men/nation. And that's precisely what they did.
    Last edited by pateuvasiliu; 2017-03-10 at 11:58 AM.

Deleted
    fighting fire with fire is hypocritical if you want to claim the moral high ground.

Quote Originally Posted by pateuvasiliu View Post
    Japan raped its way across China and was in league with a nation that wanted to commit genocide on those it deemed impure, alcoholics, addicts and so on.

They did horrible things that make the atomic bombs look like vacation. While the civilians were not directly guilty ( they still fed those soldiers, produced their weapons and ensured they had a place to retreat to ) of all those things, they were still what kept the army afloat.

So why exactly is it wrong, in a war against an axis of tyrants and psychopaths, to fight fire with fire? Had the Axis won we'd have seen hundreds of millions killed due to their race. Two atomic bombs are a small price to pay in order to quell that evil for good.
    had no clue usa was given "shit" for this. which country has the balls to say this out loud? or you mean random idiots on the internet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just because someone does something shitty doesn't mean you get a free pass to do something shitty as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Him of Many Faces View Post
    fighting fire with fire is hypocritical if you want to claim the moral high ground.

They don't need to claim shit. Germany/Japan/Italy started the war.

When you throw the first punch you renounce your claim to cry about being hit back.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shakadam View Post
    Just because someone does something shitty doesn't mean you get a free pass to do something shitty as well.
    Why is the life of a conscripted soldier less sacred than that of civilians? What's the difference between bombing Nagasaki and bombing the army?

Most of the soldiers in the army were forced to fight, they're about as innocent as the ones at home.

Had the Axis won we'd have seen hundreds of millions killed due to their race.
    What makes you say that? If you think the nazis would have killed everybody that wasn't aryan you are gravely misinformed.

The other point is that the end doesn't justify the means. I mean we could wipe out ISIS by just nuking the middle east. No harm done right, they're evil people. Killing Civillians is one thing, deliberately dropping two nuclear bombs on a heavily populated city, not only devastating but also irridating it in the process is a cause to give someone shit

Because we ended up creating anime.
    Last edited by NED funded; 2017-03-10 at 12:12 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Really? Have you evaded history lessons til now?
    Go back to school.. Go to a library.. Go watch a metric crap ton of movies (documentary and entertainment alike) that handled the matter to nauseating extent.. lol
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

15+ Year Old Account

When you throw the first punch you renounce your claim to cry about being hit back.
    Now why do you think the attack on Pearl Harbor happened?
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

15+ Year Old Account

Hu, and here i thought warcrimes existed, oh wait, they do, how is that working with your statement?

Why is the life of a conscripted soldier less sacred than that of civilians? What's the difference between bombing Nagasaki and bombing the army?

Most of the soldiers in the army were forced to fight, they're about as innocent as the ones at home.
    They are both sacred, but one is expected to get shot at and is able to defend themself while the other isn´t.
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

Because of Godzilla.

It's mostly brought up because the US likes to pretend at having the moral high ground.

Because most victims were civilians?

10+ Year Old Account

What kind of General could look the wives of his fallen soldiers in the eyes and say

'' We could've ended the war sooner. Your husband would still be alive, had I bombed their cities. But I put the lives of their civilians, the ones that feed the army, above that of my own men. "

Holy hell, I'd see that as treason. As the military leader your main goal is to kill the enemy and protect your own men/nation. And that's precisely what they did.
    Nuking 2 large cities filled with innocent people = quelling the evil. Fantastic logic.

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    It's free shit, why are you complaining? Don't like it, don't take it.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

This is an idiotic question. We murdered tens of thousands of innocent people. THAT'S WHY WE GET SHIT FOR IT.

That's like asking why Osama Bin Laden and Al Qaeda get shit for 9/11. And yes, we started that war. No matter how just one's cause may be, as soon as you start attacking innocent people, then you don't get to claim the moral high ground.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Because Japan was on the cusp of Surrender and America just wanted to flex its dick and killed 100000's of Civilians.

10+ Year Old Account
    US already won the war by that point with their forces assaulting their main islands so no matter how you try to spin it there is no justification for using that kind of weapon to vaporize 2 cities filled with civilians. Theres no heroic or "necessary" thing in it. Its just pure sick genocide.

Or you know its a reminder of why we dont use nuclear weapons in warfare? Same way the horror of WW1 chemical weapons stopped everyone from using them even if we had stockpiles of it during WW2.

Quote Originally Posted by oxymoronic View Post
    had no clue usa was given "shit" for this. which country has the balls to say this out loud? or you mean random idiots on the internet.
    "Secretary of War Stimson visited my headquarters in Germany, [and] informed me that our government was preparing to drop an atomic bomb on Japan. I was one of those who felt that there were a number of cogent reasons to question the wisdom of such an act.... During his recitation of the relevant facts, I had been conscious of a feeling of depression and so I voiced to him my grave misgivings, first on the basis of my belief that Japan was already defeated and that dropping the bomb was completely unnecessary, and second because I thought that our country should avoid shocking world opinion by the use of a weapon whose employment was, I thought, no longer mandatory as a measure to save American lives. It was my belief that Japan was, at that very moment, seeking some way to surrender with a minimum loss of 'face.'"
    -Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "stop puting you idiotic liberal words into my mouth"
    -ynnady