Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Lel, $6000 each player. Really making PvP competitiveness super enticing....

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't care if it's called/considered an e-sport or not. I love watching tournaments, and I'm not alone. It's clear by now that wow pvp will never get the big numbers on twitch, for various reasons. But recent tournaments, especially the bigger, have shown that a couple of 10k people are willing to watch the games.

So very exciting news for everyone who enjoys watching wow arena. For those who don't it doesn't change a thing.

I was one of those 10k viewers, i tuned in just to get the wow rewards, muted it and switched tabs to watch other streams.

WoW pvp is just... horrible. Their health stays high all the time, run around spamming skills, los los los los and suddenly, they're dead. They tried to make it work but it failed to pull in any strong numbers for a good reason, it's terrible to watch.

Does anyone know if the current prestige mounts are leaving?

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrair View Post
    I was one of those 10k viewers, i tuned in just to get the wow rewards, muted it and switched tabs to watch other streams.

WoW pvp is just... horrible. Their health stays high all the time, run around spamming skills, los los los los and suddenly, they're dead. They tried to make it work but it failed to pull in any strong numbers for a good reason, it's terrible to watch.
    WoW pvp has always been a joke. It's more fun to watch paint dry.

So were all these teams "clean" after the real money boosting bans?

Blizzard had Starcraft, that was their esports, and now it feels kind of dead, don't know why exactly.

Now what does Blizzard have? Overwatch? Please, that shit will never be competitive enough (but fun to play). HotS? I don't even know this one, cool enough to play, but I would not bet on this to be a good esport follower, too much competition from Dota/LoL.

TLR I don't think Blizzard care much about esport. They don't need to, they can have success in sales.

there is only 1 way u make wow arena into esports - make a prize pool of 5 million for blizzcon. imbalances whatever they dont matter. csgo and dota are so successful because they have ridiculous prize pools.

wows overall 250k or what not bcon prize pool is a joke as its not even after tax(unlike how Valve does it by covering taxes company side)

Deleted
    Seriously, is there a single Person on the Planet who watches WoW Arena "eSports"? SC2 is an eSport, but not this Shitfest!

Quote Originally Posted by Rioo View Post
    WoW esports lol.
    My thoughts exactly. I'm really surprised that this is still a thing.

I generally do not care about PvP in WoW but i enjoy watching some esport events so i decided to check some arena matches during Blizzcon.
    It was... painful decision. I had no idea what is even happening... After one match i changed stream to something else...

And that silly prizepool... Is it even worth trying/practising?

What is the breakdown of the teams? Was curious to see the % of Havoc DH in this years' tourney, and honestly melee in general vs casters.

Quote Originally Posted by Sin Cara View Post
    Does anyone know if the current prestige mounts are leaving?
    No, you'll still be able to get the Prestige mounts from their respective achievements in future seasons.

WoWDB: The Firefox performance issue has been resolved!
    Oh thank jebus. That problem drove me away from ever clicking any wowdb links