Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

PETA Killed 1,411 Cats And Dogs In 2016, Only Got 57 Adopted.

http://thelibertarianrepublic.com/pe...ot-57-adopted/

The animals rights group euthanized 1,428 animals and transferred 482 to other shelters last year, according to a report by the Virginia Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services (VDACS). Of the 2,007 animals acquired by PETA last year, the group only returned ten dogs and cats to their owners and successfully placed only 57 with adopting families.

On the other hand, PETA put down 557 dogs, 854 cats and 17 other companion animals.

The additional animals euthanized last year brought PETA’s death toll to over 36,000 since 1998. Most of the animals put down were processed at PETA’s headquarters in Norfolk, Virginia. PETA’s official blog states that killing dogs and cats, helps them “escape an uncaring world without trauma or pain.”
    http://www.peta.org/blog/euthanize/

Last November, two PETA employees stole a family’s pet Chihuahua off their porch and ultimately euthanized the animal. The family captured video of this occurring on their home surveillance system. When caught, the PETA workers apologized by giving the family a fruit basket.
    http://dailycaller.com/2015/11/25/pe...ll-family-dog/

State law requires that animals be held for five days before they are euthanized to allow people to recover their animals in situations like this. An investigation by the VDACS found that PETA violated the law and imposed the largest fine it could, at $500.
    Their reason for euthanizing animals is uncaring at best. And abhorrent at worst. They said a ton without saying anything at all. The animals they talk about would have been euthanized anyway. Regardless of whether or not they were found by them or another organization. Why does this organization still exist? There are many other smaller animal organizations that will actually help animals and try to find homes for them.

This has been a consistent thing with PETA for years. The reason they exist still though is because they're a spectacle, they don't care about animals, they care about themselves, and there are enough narcissists out there who want to be the center of attention as well. If you're spending all of your time in shelters caring about animals, it's not about you. Throw red paint at an actress on a red carpet, and look how much attention I get.

PETA is the Kardashians of animal groups.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Unkempt View Post
    This has been a consistent thing with PETA for years. The reason they exist still though is because they're a spectacle, they don't care about animals, they care about themselves, and there are enough narcissists out there who want to be the center of attention as well. If you're spending all of your time in shelters caring about animals, it's not about you. Throw red paint at an actress on a red carpet, and look how much attention I get.

PETA is the Kardashians of animal groups.
    PETA isn't interested in animal rights. They use animal rights as a front to make money. There is that one thing they do where they break into people's houses, kidnap their dogs, and kill them.
    Last edited by Stormspark; 2017-03-10 at 09:56 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Horrendous! Someone plz call PETA, this is not acceptable!

Deleted
    There has been a constant occurance that many of the most prominent organizations, that advocate for rights or help for a certain group of people or for a certain cause, are actually one of the major offenders of acts against them.
    Last edited by mmocd03f375e36; 2017-03-10 at 10:07 PM.

500 dollar fine? For real?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Crillam View Post
    Horrendous! Someone plz call PETA, this is not acceptable!
    call peta? what would that do? you don't really think they care do you?

PETA has been a pile of garbage for a very long time. Also what the other poster said is true because I have heard different stories of these PETA people driving around these vans with euthanasia equipment and kidnapping pets then killing them in the van.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by piethepiegod View Post
    call peta? what would that do? you don't really think they care do you?
    I dunno. I would prob get to talk to some high as fuck dude trying to comprehend the laws of physics while peeling a banana.

PETA being assholes? What else is new?

Deleted
    It's pretty normal to euthanize the animals. I mean resources and space aren't infinite, while the animals they..."rescue" kinda are. What is not normal, is their immense hypocrisy.

Doesn't PETA believe animals should have never been domesticated in the first place?

Deleted
    only 1400? i'm sure most large city shelters euthanize that many a year on their own.

Quote Originally Posted by Berthier View Post
    And the Religion killed this year over 100k humans
    nothing more dangerous than some asshole on a holy mission
    mr pickles

10+ Year Old Account
    What did you think happens to animals that don't get adopted? Yeah, the vast majority of animals in shelters are killed. They don't go to some magical farm...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Berthier View Post
    And the Religion killed this year over 100k humans
    No, humans killed over 100k humans, religion was blamed. There is a huge difference...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

PETA is a terrorist organization that believes pets are better off dead than living as slaves.

Deleted
    I can understand that there are going to be a lot of animals people don't want. A lot of animals that get rescued don't look very appealing it have terrible behaviour due to their circumstances.
    Then there are plenty of cats with feline aids and what not.

Yep, PETA sucks. Not exactly a revelation to anyone.

Deleted
    Yeah screw PETA... Now where did I put the rest of my cage held, beakless, miserable, steroid pumped chicken at

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Crillam View Post
    I dunno. I would prob get to talk to some high as fuck dude trying to comprehend the laws of physics while peeling a banana.
    that seems about right from what i know of peta people.